Waist Length in 2010

So I had to go get my hair cut. And I wasn't as clear as I needed to be about how much was cut off, so basically now I'm back to bsl, and she cut me in a u shape. But I must admit that I like how it looks. It's fuller and healthier. But gosh she cut off a lot. :sad: Anyways, here are my two progress photos, one is last month I think. I would say I was grazing wsl, the second is today, bsl. Hopefully I can get my hair back to where it was, albeit thicker and more even by the end of the year.

Attachments

• skimming wsl 2010.jpg
    skimming wsl 2010.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 60
  • after cut 2010.jpg
    after cut 2010.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 61
Hey Dee Raven! :happydance:
It looks like you were WL in the unstraightened pic, but even w/ the trim, you're only a few inches away. You'll definitely make it this year, probably before Summer's out.

So I had to go get my hair cut. And I wasn't as clear as I needed to be about how much was cut off, so basically now I'm back to bsl, and she cut me in a u shape. But I must admit that I like how it looks. It's fuller and healthier. But gosh she cut off a lot. :sad: Anyways, here are my two progress photos, one is last month I think. I would say I was grazing wsl, the second is today, bsl. Hopefully I can get my hair back to where it was, albeit thicker and more even by the end of the year.

Wow your hair is gorgeous! You were WL before. When I made wl the first time I got mine trimmed to bsl. But it grew back quickly. Your after shot is really pretty though:yep:.

You were definitely WL before but your hair is still GORGEOUS! It will be back in no time and will probably be even more gorgeous :yep:.

WOW Great progress ladies!! I'm drooling over here!!!!

Here's my hair as of this morning and my old pic from december 09:
3-21-10+length.JPG
PC260258.JPG

I only had one trim in this time.
It looks like I only have about 1 inch of retention :(
My progress is not what I wanted it to be, but slowly/surely i'm going to make my way to WL this year!!

Last edited:
Whimsy you may have more than one inch retention if you are going by those pics cus one is stretched and the other isn't..........either way your hair is beautiful and getting closer to WL!!!

Whimsy you may have more than one inch retention if you are going by those pics cus one is stretched and the other isn't..........either way your hair is beautiful and getting closer to WL!!!

Yeah I'm guesstimating based on where my hair falls in relation to where the smallest part of my waist is. I hope it's more than one inch but it doesnt seem so. Next time I straighten I'll take a new pic and see. THANKS exubah!

We're all getting so close to WL!!!

I am really loving everyone's progress!! And it's only the beginning of the year!

Well, I will be posting an update when I straighten my hair in April. I'm excited to see if I have gained any length since my trim in Jan. I have major shrinkage so pulling down and stretching my hair tells me very little. :sad:

eeww, i had a migraine today too :( i popped some excedrine, ate some food, then took a nice 2 hour nap lol still not 100% but i'm not as bad as i was.

your hair is looking great and if i were you i'd probably be claiming grazing right about now lol

Hi ladies, fantastic hair on this thread! Well done to everyone that has posted pictures and congratulations on all the growth that I can see!

I thought that I should come in with an update too - I will apologise now for my picture taking skills - I'm totally rubbish at it, I'm not even sure that both of these can be comparable. And it might be an idea to press my hair for length checks, but I really hate doing that as it takes too much time.

Anyway, I think there has been some growth... not much though :-(

A little dusting turned into a small trim about a month ago and if I am honest, I haven't really put enough effort in. Just started a new job and have been leaving my hair out through winter. However, I am totally encouraged by this thread and will try to step up my game in the next three months. Maybe try bunning? Looks like it's working well for you Testimony. Dunno about how it will look on me though. My head is a little on the LARGE side.

I hope you are all well x

comic-p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks for allowing us to join at anytime.. I would also like to join and become accountable to a challange.
I have been lurking a while, but just became a fully paid member.

Im currently BSL and my main goal is to be a full MBL by June and WL by december. Im also transitioning and will be trimming ends as i go.. I plan to reach my goals by

1 x shampoo per week
1 x cowash per week
2 x DC per week
Leave in/Sealing with nexxus humectin and mango butter
daily bunning and phony ponies.
Juicing daily with jheri juice for moisture.

Thanks for the congrats ladies, but to be fair, I do have a lot of layers - so I'll lay off claiming grazing WL for another inch or so. Will let the front catch up a bit.

Whimsy, your hair colour is amazing... do you use a colour rinse on your hair?

Took my weave out after 14 weeks, and I'm MBL. I'm about 2.5-3 inches from WL. That's so exciting! :)

:grin: I'll upload them tomorrow. I'm feeling kinda lazy. I lost about three handfuls of hair, but for being braided up for 14 weeks I'm hoping it's normal.

I have this pic though. Took me about 4 hours to detangle.

That pic is with all the weave hair removed?! Look at all that hair! :drool:

:grin: I'll upload them tomorrow. I'm feeling kinda lazy. I lost about three handfuls of hair, but for being braided up for 14 weeks I'm hoping it's normal.

I have this pic though. Took me about 4 hours to detangle.

http://imagefra.me/

You have a TON of hair!!!!!!

I removed my weave this weekend and my entire head of hair is about 1/4 of yours!!!!! :look:

UGH!!!!! to fine hair/low density!!!!!! :wallbash:

I'm gonna join, just to see how far I can make it. I'm transitioning, so this should be interesting. I'm somewhere between APL and BSL, so I'm guessing I'm about 8 inches from WL. If I can just graze it, I'll be :grin:.

I'll take a starting pic this week and update my fotki.

My regimen:
  • co-wash every 2-3 days
  • wash and DC every 2 weeks (or as needed)
  • moisturize regularly
  • daily bunning, except on special occasions
  • no trimming
  • scalp massages

I forgot that i can use this thread to post pics....:wallbash:

I have a migrane right now...bear with me ya'll :(
http://public.fotki.com/LadyBird05/myprogressfrommay20/midnight-madness-5.html

Your hair looks GREAT! I am with Mz.MoMo, If I were you I would be claiming it now. I know all of your hair is there yet and that seems to be a sticking point on the boards but in my book (not that my book matters) you are WL :yep: so...

...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! HL here you come :grin:!

Back