Can you acheive/maintain length w/o protective styles

• Yes

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i've worn an half wig for 3 months.
Just the front of my hair, the bang, was out of the wig, daily.
i've retained a lot of growth since September, but only one part has broken : the bang, which wasn't protected.

for me protective styling is important for retaining length, whatever the care you give to your hair.

I voted no. As your ends get older they need some TLC. Not protecting them every now and again will result in some wu-tang type ish. Just saying :ohwell::grin:

I voted no. As your ends get older they need some TLC. Not protecting them every now and again will result in some wu-tang type ish. Just saying :ohwell::grin:
Your siggy pics just totally awed me :blush:. I have to ask. . . What is your regimen? I'm natural but your hair's getting the best of me :lick:.

I feel that if you do things like maintain the proper amount of moisture in your hair, carefully comb/detangle, and cover your hair at night, you can reach waist lenth without the protective styling. True enough, everyones hair is different, but i do believe that some 4bs (regardless of them being natual, relaxaed, etc.) can.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I feel that if you do things like maintain the proper amount of moisture in your hair, carefully comb/detangle, and cover your hair at night, you can reach waist lenth without the protective styling. True enough, everyones hair is different, but i do believe that some 4bs (regardless of them being natual, relaxaed, etc.) can.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I do think that it depends on hair type as well. If your hair is fine and it seems like it splits a minute after a trim, you need to PS. If it tangles easily, you need to PS. If it doesn't retain moisture well, you need to PS. 4bs can be fine and split, or thick and strong. Depends on your genes.

Back