Floor-length (yes, I said it!)
Regimen:
Water only
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
12in, maybe more if I decide to cut tomorrow
Natural/Relaxed/Other:
Natural
Tips/Tricks:
Cornrows and wigs. Keeping good scalp oil coverage. No trims, etc. save for emergencies
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
I need more sun, exercise, good food and good vibes to get back on track to a balanced, toxin-free, vitamin and mineral-rich lifestyle. I'm in process of making that happen.
Starting Pic:
Will return with pic

I've got my entire wash day down to less than 30 minutes
  • Wash with baking soda
  • Condition -I leave it in while I wash myself and then rinse out
  • Rinse with dilute ACV
  • LOC on wet hair with grapeseed oil and DB transitioning creme
  • Put hair in pony tail and put 2 braids in the ponytail
  • DONE!
I don't do much in the way of detangling. Oh well. :look:

• Wash with baking soda
  • Rinse with dilute ACV
  • LOC on wet hair with grapeseed oil and DB transitioning creme
  • DONE!
That dream come true..... Like a fairy tale. :bdance:

Quick question, is it too late to join? I know that it says in the first post that the challengers list won't be updated after the first, but could I still join?

Current Length: Around APL and BSL in the back (in a braidout)
Ultimate Goal: Below Chest/around WL(in a braidout)
Regimen:

• Prepoo with oil and conditioner and finger detangle in shower in sections
  • Set hair in braids/plaits (Sometimes with ryler rollers)
  • Keep hair/plaits in a bun or off the shoulders
  • Keep plaits in for at least a week or so
  • Refresh ends almost nightly/Refresh entire sections when hair starts to look a bit...ahem parched lol
  • Wear a braidout in a bun until "dry feeling" then back to wash day
  • Always sleep with a satin bonnet or when I'm resting my head on something
  • Vitamins/Supplements: MSM, Biotin, Multivitamins, OLLY "Undeniable Beauty" vitamins, Chlorella/Kelp/Spirulina

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: :look: maybe five inches or so...idk how to calculate it because of shrinkage and how I style it, etc. etc. (My hair is already past WL when straighten but I want it to be close to this length when I just do a braidout or rollerset)
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural 4A/4b
Tips/Tricks: Bagging my ends
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I've been having trouble with my ends and I have to trim them often so they aren't scraggly and struggling... I attempted the "no trim challenge" and my ends were looking so bad that they started to look like a different curl pattern (aka 4limp as hale) So I will baaaaaby my ends for retention :baby2:
Starting Pic: attached

This is my first official challenge, yall! I'm soo excited :eyebrows2::love5:

Attachments

• IMG_4385.JPG
    IMG_4385.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Wash with baking soda
  • Rinse with dilute ACV
  • LOC on wet hair with grapeseed oil and DB transitioning cremeI
  • DONE!
I might try your idea of a ponytail and two braids in the pony tail. It sounds like it's a good way to air dry your hair in a stretched protective style. Very nice! :)

Regimen:

• Refresh ends almost nightly/Refresh entire sections when hair starts to look a bit...ahem parched lol
  • Vitamins/Supplements: MSM, Biotin, Multivitamins, OLLY "Undeniable Beauty" vitamins, Chlorella/Kelp/Spirulina

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: :look: maybe five inches or so...idk how to calculate it because of shrinkage and how I style it, etc. etc. (My hair is already past WL when straighten but I want it to be close to this length when I just do a braidout or rollerset)
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I've been having trouble with my ends and I have to trim them often so they aren't scraggly and struggling... I attempted the "no trim challenge" and my ends were looking so bad that they started to look like a different curl pattern (aka 4limp as hale) So I will baaaaaby my ends for retention :baby2:

Your hair so pretty.

Regimen:

Whew....That hair is gorgeous!!!

IDK if i've mentioned it here but I've still been experiencing breakage. Even in my most favoritest protective style :crying3:

Ive had a trim, tried more protein, then more moisture, even lengthen the time between cowashes/washes, a reconstructor is my last resort then i'ma just pray about it and pretend like nothings happening. :lala:

This is my inversion week, which started yesterday and will end on Saturday.

Have you been using the inversion method long term? Have you noticed great results? I tried it once in December and weirdly enough the process felt really nice and I got nice growth/retention that month but I'm not sure if it was because of that.

I've been eyeing the challenge but I'm not sure yet

Have you been using the inversion method long term? Have you noticed great results? I tried it once in December and weirdly enough the process felt really nice and I got nice growth/retention that month but I'm not sure if it was because of that.

I've been eyeing the challenge but I'm not sure yet

I'm just starting the inversion process, so I haven't had time to track my results yet, but I'll let you know.

Back