~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Lesson of the day:
Heat blowing from the heater at work drys out your hair worse than the sun. My little humidifier was not built to fight that. So I wound up with crispy hair.

On another note, anybody know a good hooded dryer brand. The old one we have is literally limping along and it needs to be replaced. Only half of it is blowing out air.

Wonder how long straight hair will last me. I refuse to buy new hair products (dry shampoo). It's only been a week

I washed my hair tonight. I'm under the dryer with a dc right now (Kerastase Chroma Captive).

I inverted earlier without oil.

I think I'm ready for another length challenge. :)

Current Length: BSL

Ultimate Goal: WL fully natural

Regimen:
-
wash weekly with Baking soda
- condition with either Kenra MC, Aphogee 2 min or AOGPB
- rinse with dilute ACV
-LOC with DB daily leave in, grapeseed oil and DB transitioning creme
- demipermanent color every 8 weeks
- flatiron every 8 weeks otherwise braidouts

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
5 if I don't cut off the texlaxed hair. 14 to get there fully natural.

Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL)
transitioningfrom texlax to natural

Tips/Tricks
: I air dry in braids and my hair stays super moisturized

Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:

Starting Pic:
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't have time over the weekend to wash my braids and deep condition so this morning, i did a water rinse. Applied hot water ( not too hot) on my scalp and then massaged it for a minute then rinsed it off....airdried the braids and then at work, i applied Keracare natural textures leave in conditioner. Dint have any oils to seal so when i get home will spray some water and seal.

been slacking a bit with taking my chlorella tablets but been taking my MSM.....will try and be consistent...also been eating a lot of proteins as i'm 90% Paleo and then exercising

So clearly I either ripped or burned my edges off with the flat iron. The way I was wearing it down with a deep side part wasn't noticeable. I brushed my hair back in in a ponytail yesterday to see short broken hair on the left side *sobs uncontrollably*

No matter what state my hair was in all my life I've never had struggle edges so I'm taking this hard. I have some Alikay Naturals growth oil and I rubbed it on that spot. Let's see if this stuff works. It's not a large spot of broken hair but compared to my full thick healthy right side it looks pathetic

My inversions are done for the month. The rest of the month I will keep up with my growth aid applications and scalp massages. I am doing weekly washes and dcs. I only need to moisturize every couple days, because my leave in is pretty thick. Later this month I want to try the Nioxin scalp renew treatment...hopefully it gets my growth rate back on track.

So clearly I either ripped or burned my edges off with the flat iron. The way I was wearing it down with a deep side part wasn't noticeable. I brushed my hair back in in a ponytail yesterday to see short broken hair on the left side *sobs uncontrollably*

No matter what state my hair was in all my life I've never had struggle edges so I'm taking this hard. I have some Alikay Naturals growth oil and I rubbed it on that spot. Let's see if this stuff works. It's not a large spot of broken hair but compared to my full thick healthy right side it looks pathetic
So sorry about your edges! :hug2: Something happened to mine too. I mean they are still there, but I clearly notice breakage because they are not long as they were. Hang in there. Try some sulfur cream, oil or pomade. They will be back in no time since you never had that problem before.

Last night, I pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ mix & Brahmi/Amla Oil. This morning, I added ORS Olive Oil Replenishing DC under a heat cap for 1.5 hours. CW'd with Honey's Handmade Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter, SSI Okra Reconstructor, ACV Rinse & an 80% rinse out of SM African Black Balancing Conditioner.

I LCOB'd with Cozy Moments Protein Mist, Treluxe Untie the Knot, Keravada Super Gro on scalp, Duafe Amla on length, Kreyol Essence HBCO Peppermint on edges and Kyra's Shea Medley Rejuvenate butter on ends.

Hopefully my photos post, I always have issues with this
I screen shot these from videos I took around the 1st.
More photos at the beginning of next month.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-10-02-40-01.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-10-02-40-01.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_2016-01-10-02-40-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-10-02-40-36.png
    2 MB · Views: 52
When I have time and feel like it, I prepoo with coconut or some other oil. Other times I don't. Not prepooing hasn't negatively impacted my hair. I think its because I use moisturizing shampoo anyway.

I think since I LOC to moisturize my hair multiple time a week, the prepoo isn't really necessary. I used to dread prepooing, to do a good job took at least 20 minutes and I had to let it sit at least 20 minutes and who has that kind of time?

I think since I LOC to moisturize my hair multiple time a week, the prepoo isn't really necessary. I used to dread prepooing, to do a good job took at least 20 minutes and I had to let it sit at least 20 minutes and who has that kind of time?
Yeah, I do the same thing. I LCOB every other day, so my hair is super soft and moisturized when I take down my twists. I think I've pretty much let prepooing go unless I have time and am lazying around the house w/nothing else to do.

:afro::afropick::drunk::p:click::lots: Oooooo see now you got me all excited!

I get discouraged and depressed easily, leave it to this site to brighten me a tad.
Discouraged about what? I've been in this thread since 2013. Made APL in 2013 and BSB in 2013 too. It's now 2016 and I'm not past BSB yet. So what you discouraged about? @bronxsoloist :lol: Your hair looks great and is already a very nice long length! :yep:

I love my hair but the shrinkage throws me every now and again.
My wife and I have almost the same length but she has type 2 a kinda hair
She doesn't know shrinkage
I see the long ponytail and I know my ponytail is long too but geez
People assume her hair is longer
Mine goes unnoticed
I'd love to be able to straighten every now and again
But I'm all about health, so that's a no go
Ugh, I want to see my hair!!

Okie, rant over.

THANK YOU though because people always see what you don't.

Many thanks, I'm willing to try anything once especially if it'll help me along.
I'm guessing it gets more difficult as your hair gets longer?
You should think about treating yourself to getting your hair done at a dominican salon. It's only around $30, and they're all about hair health. They will deep condition your hair and if you don't want it straight and just a roller set you can tell them that. Hair as long as yours would be difficult to do yourself. Once a month heat isn't bad because your hair has all month to recooperate.

Back