~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

I did for a little while, but I don't have the patience. There's a roller setting thread - the ladies over there are awesome. @lulu97 is the queen of rollersetting.

Hey Lady! :bighug:

Many thanks, I'm willing to try anything once especially if it'll help me along.
I'm guessing it gets more difficult as your hair gets longer?

@bronxsoloist Roller setting is a great way to stretch... keeps the hair smooth, and keep those pesky knots away. It's not hard on long hair at all. However, it's definitely not the easiest thing. I would suggest maybe trying flexi rods or curlformers to ease your way in...they kinda give you a start to making your hands learn how to set...if that makes sense. I've been rollersetting over 10 years now and can probably do it in my sleep. lol

If you get the desire to do it, come on over to the roller setting thread so we can walk you through it. :cowgirl:

Catching up on this thread.
@bronxsoloist I just tried roller setting over the weekend.
It did take awhile to install rollers. I'm proud of the amateur job I done.
Although I must work on a way to get roots smooth, I'm enjoy bouncy curls.

I prepoo Sat overnight with a cheapie conditioner herbal essence the berry one.
Clarified in the morning with Darcy's botanical milk bar.
Than dc with Camille Rose algae deep conditioner.
Once I rinsed that out , on dripping wet hair I applied Darcy's daily leave in and Elasta Qp design foam on top.

Took 40 minutes to finish roller set. My new dryer dried my hair in an hour, but I kept rollers in overnight since I wasn't going anywhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 79
I am going to take my weave out on the weekend. I am going to start wigging it up afterwards. Washing and deep conditioning weekly to once every two weeks.
After I remove this weave, I am going to deep condition with Dudley's DRC, plus a moisturizing conditioner. My hair needs a boost. My Birthday is tomorrow :party: and I start school in a week. :) So I am going to be a busy beaver. My choice of evil is My Vanessa Sensationell Human Hair Lace Front. :)

I hope everyone is having a great start of the year... :)

I bought some fast dissolving biotin tablets to help with hair and nail growth. I stopped taking biotin a couple months ago when I ran out. I didn't repurchase, because I already take 2 pills a day. Since these dissolve I don't mind adding this to my vitamin regimen. I wish I could find a dissolving multivitamin as well.

I bought some fast dissolving biotin tablets to help with hair and nail growth. I stopped taking biotin a couple months ago when I ran out. I didn't repurchase, because I already take 2 pills a day. Since these dissolve I don't mind adding this to my vitamin regimen. I wish I could find a dissolving multivitamin as well.
What brand is the biotin that you're taking @Prettymetty?

Last night, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of the V05 Strawberries & Cream.

I LCOB'd with Carefree Curls Gold, Liquid Gold Ginger Cream, Keravada Super Gro on scalp, Duafe Amla on length, Kreyol Essence HBCO Peppermint on edges and Kyra's Shea Medley Refresh & Hydrating butter on ends.

Shampooed and did a comb through condition with the Redden Extreme line, which I really loved. DC now with Alter Ego Garlic Mask. Not sure which leave ins I'll be using, maybe CHI Keratin Mist and Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum the do 2 flat twist or French braids to air-dry in. Or a single French braid in the back and leave out a bang.

I have yet to roller set my natural hair maybe next month I'll give it a try. I haven't had any single strand knots since going back to my old products I used when I was relaxed.

@Froreal3 thank you

I removed my weave late last night with the Mr.'s total assistance. I am not taking the braids out yet. I will wig it until Sunday, where I will dedicate a day to deep conditioning and treating me hair early on. I am thinking just to braid it back into four to six braids and capping it and Wigging it again. I need low maintenance at this time. I added an extra class this semester making my load six classes. I know... Wtf are you thinking? I haven't a clue... Lol

I washed and conditioned my hair two days ago, but I substituted Jane Carter's curl defining cream for gel to combat the dry heat in the office. I asked my mom how my hair looked today and she said it looked nice, soft, big, and curly as usual. So apparently Jane Cater's curl defining cream gives me the same definition as gel. So I may take a break from gel until they stop blasting heat in the office. Since I used her product my hair hasn't turned crispy from the heat and it's going on day 3. Change is good sometimes.

According to my lc shirt I am about 6 inches away from waist length. If I can retain at least 3 inches this year and next year...
I haven't used my lc shirt in forever. I hate that every time I use it I'm disappointed. :lol: I think I will pull it out of retirement in June at the half year mark. If I haven't grown/retained anything in this darned nape by then, I'm gonna just give up.

I tried a ponytail last night and was kind of surprised. It was full and swangin
:afro:
Sometimes one length hair gets a little boring but this is one of the perks of it I guess. I needed a break from wet bunning, so I've been letting my hair shrink up and dry about half way, then stretching it out (not pulling all the way through the ends, I leave the curls at the ends) and using the blowdryer to dry it in that stretched state. It's been working pretty good and since it's winter time... :cool: This is a day two ponytail. It's nice that I could just throw it back. I was going to wash it tonight but I think I'll wash it tomorrow before work.

Attachments

• 2nd day hair in ponytail 15 Jan 16.jpg
    2nd day hair in ponytail 15 Jan 16.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 62
@sgold04 your hair is GORGEOUS. Is that a roller set? Are you relaxed or natural? :drool:
Lol @ the drool face. Thank you!! I'm natural (4a). I flat ironed and then used a large curling iron for the spiral curls because I still haven't mastered how to curl with a flat iron. I used Aveda smooth infusion for the first time, I'm still on the fence about it because my hair puffed up at a party, but since I went over it again it's been good.

I need to buy a 16oz of Alikay Naturals Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo. Best shampoo ever, deep cleanses and makes my hair feel silky. I will likely repurchase the Avocado Moisture Repair Cream & Essential Growth oil too

I think I'm going to give up on the Lemongrass leave in. I think the silk aminos acid doesn't agree with my hair. The Shea Yogurt stuff I only used once and it was okay, probably a 5 out of 10

Today was CoWash Saturday for me.

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz and Hairitage Butter on my ends.
  • This morning, I applied a mixture of Curly Kinks DC, HydroQuench Honey Pineapple Hibiscus DC & Brahmi Powder and went under my heat cap for an hour.
  • Cleansed my scalp with CC Natural's Scalp Scrub and CW'd my length with Honey Handmade's Knot Going Bananas, used Garnier Triple Nutrition as a reconstructor & rinsed out 80% of the V05 Strawberry & Cream.
  • LCOB'd with L = Aphogee Curlific, C = Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Orofluido on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges & B = Hairitage Horsetail Butter on scalp & Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.
My hair is so spoiled.

OMG!!!! WTH? That's after a huge cut? It still looks utterly amazing...so I know how it must have looked longer. I get why you're so disappointed, but with those new ends your hair will get back quick!

Thank you!!! I have been getting a lot of compliments on my hair, especially from men lol, so I feel a little better about the cut. A blunt cut does look nice, I was just planning on waiting until it was whip length. I wasn't prepared to focus on growth this year. I was gonna play around with it more and SLOWLY trim. Aw well. I plan on wearing it straight for a few more days, then I will keep it in chunky twists the majority of the week, and wear twist outs for social occasions.

So after washing I moisturized and put my hair in 2 braids to airdry overnight....In the morning I used Camille Rose Fresh Curl then brushed out the texture w/ paddle brush added two pumps of Camille Rose Curl Maker and smoothed with my hard bristle brush and bunned.

My hair is super soft and smooth.

Tonight I'll probably use Belnouvo Moisture Butter and do 2 braids. I don't really like sleeping with a bun/ponytail in my head.

Back