Waist Length 2012 Challenge

That's too funny...I'm in WL 2012, WHip Length 2012, and HL 2012...Heck, I'll reach one of em--love those odds :lachen: :lachen:

Hair goals: Waist Length by March 2012

My regimen: Wash and go pony...Deep wash once a month--leave it be...deep condition every other wash

I'll be back to post a starting pic Jan 2012

Last edited:
Whimsy OMG I hope so! How long did it take you to get to HL the first time? How tall are you? I'm 5'9.

janet You are soooo funny but you're right though! You're going to hit one or the other if not all now that you've colored your hair. Which is gaaawwwgouuss by the way!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

@Whimsy OMG I hope so! How long did it take you to get to HL the first time? How tall are you? I'm 5'9.

@janet You are soooo funny but you're right though! You're going to hit one or the other if not all now that you've colored your hair. Which is gaaawwwgouuss by the way!

It took me 3.5 almost 4 years to go from "bald" to hipgrazing!!! (w/ some trims/cuts) Felt like FOREVERRRR

I'm considering bald being when I started my transition, last perm-August 2007
2 year transition (almost)
Cut off relaxed ends and a bit more, was around APL. - June 09
Hit waist length last year - August 2010
Hit Hip (almost) this year - March 2011

Then I lost my mind and started cuttin :spinning:

I'm 5'4 allegedly (Though my doc says i'm 5'5 now and credited yoga! lol)

pre_medicalrulz Thanks!!! I'm 5'7.5" but I think that my torso is average...there are some shorties with longer torsos and it takes them just as long, if not longer to reach those goal lengths...What's your torso like?

I am claiming WL for Dec. 2012. I am somewhere between APL and BSL won't know for sure until 12-31-11! Starting pic will be posted then. Happy hair growing ladies! See ya at WL!:yep::yep:

LOL!!! Whimsy OK that is actually good though! No more cutting cause you're hurting my feelings. LOL!!!!

janet okay. Hmmmm I don't know if my torso is long or average. :( I have to ask someone and get back to you. I just know that i am tall. LOL!

i saw this thread and subscribed! :)

I'm only armpit length tho :look: I really wanna go hardcore this year. Is it do-able or am I just being too naive?

Last edited:
my WSL Regimen
Wash and Deep Condition Weekly - Wash with castille soap or Shampoo/Condition Bar Condition with Jiovanni Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Castor Oil

Rinse and then do an ACV rinse

Moisturize with - Organics Leave in Conditioner or Jiovanni Direct Leave in - Shea Butter, seal with coconut oil.

Braid hair and put wig on..

Repeat Repeat Repeat until WSL

I'm also working out, drinking protein shakes, taking multi vitamins, flax seed oil

I'm thinking about doing a sulur growth oil..depends on how I feel.

I would like to unofficially join this challenge. I'm currently in the MBL 2011 challenge and hope to conquer that by Dec.

I'm currently taking Hairfinity (x2) in the morning and Nioxin (x1) at night.

99.9% PSing in a bun and no heat.

I stretch my relaxers to every 6 mos. I'm due for my next one in Jan.

In the morning, I use SSI Marshmallow cream and Seyani HB. At night, I spray Scurl at the roots and middle of my hair (a section of my hair was underprocessed and dries out more than my relaxed hair), then seal with coconut oil, concentrating on the ends.

I DC x1 a week with AO HS and SSI Banana Brulee, although I bought a few new DCs I haven't tried before. Excited to try those.

I will try to get a pic but I will have to stretch my hair since I have so much NG right now and I don't use heat.

Happy Growing!

Ok. I snuck a little stretch test and my longest layer is at BSB. My shortest layer is officially SL and I have some random layers in between the two. I am certain now that my growth occurs in the late summer through the beginning of the winter. After that it begins to fill in and thicken. I was conviced earlier that my hair was not growing AT ALL! Chiccoro summed it upped perfectly, length then thicken. My thickening is winter through beginning of summer. I am still claiming WSL 12-31-2012 now there! :grin:

WSL you are mine!!!!!:lachen:

Ok- this sounds do-able. I'm around shoulder-length/APL right now, and barring total disasters or drastic cuts, can be at BSL by mid-2011, so WL by Dec 2012 seems pretty reasonable!
I haven't taken a hair photo in a while and don't want to straighten it just for a pic, but I'll take one in it's "natural" state and pull down a section to get an idea of starting length...
*be back w/ pic and regimen...*
ETA:
3monthOct10Jan11labels-vi.jpg

Hmmm...well I did make BSL by August 2011 but got a haircut 2 weeks later and lost a few inches. It has set back all my goals, but I'm not sure I'm going to pull out of this challenge just yet although I recently signed up for the 2013 WL challenge.
I'll have to see where things stand by June 2012 methinks; WL by 12/31/12 might still be possible (although that means growing like 9 inches between now and then :lol:)!

I'm in WL is my next goal then on to whip HL.
my reggie is in my blog or my fotki.
only change is I'm baggying nightly now cause it's cold out and I'm serious about retention

Last edited:
Sigh.....IM sooooo ready for a length check next month so I can see where I'm officially starting from in this challenge. I had so much breakage at the demarcation line these last 3 months. :( I'm hoping it doesnt do any noticeable damage and thin my ends out. Oh well. Guess I will wait and see. Just ranting ladies LOL!

Hair is currently braided into a braid hawk. I REALLY like it. I'm also spraying m braids at night with stasofro I doubt I'll make it to waist length by the end of next year, but whatever!

Still in this!

Hey ladies!! I was in WL 2011, but I don't think I'll be quite there by December (due to some trimming throughout the year). I want my hair to fall at full WL by April 2012.

Edit: My siggy pic is my starting pic! 2in til WL

Last edited:
I'm going to join this challenge just in case I change my mind about having blunt ends and I decide to keep my layers.

Would like to officially stake my claim in the WL Challenge of 2012 babybaaabay! So glad and honored to be here amongst all you long-haired beauties. However I will be back the first week in Jan. to post so that I could gather my new game-plan/reggie going into 2012 and post my graduation pics from the 2011 MBL challenge.:Copy of 2cool:

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I did a little trim. My 2nd trim this year since April. Why? I was bored. :( I never wear my hair out so I know for a fact that I didn't need one. Oh well...I'm just so tired of PS'ing 100% of the time. Yet too lazy on the weekends to wash & set to enjoy my hair out. Just venting. :)

Would like to officially stake my claim in the WL Challenge of 2012 babybaaabay! So glad and honored to be here amongst all you long-haired beauties. However I will be back the first week in Jan. to post so that I could gather my new game-plan/reggie going into 2012 and post my graduation pics from the 2011 MBL challenge.:Copy of 2cool:

Your hair looks gorgeous and I was looking at your dates and I am so afraid to put dates on the time I will hit this or this. I would really like to same I will hit mbl at this date and wl at this date...

Had a dream I had hip length twist out hair...

::sigh::

I gotta get on better with doing my hair! It's currently in braids and probably will be until I straighten and trim near Christmas.

Your hair looks gorgeous and I was looking at your dates and I am so afraid to put dates on the time I will hit this or this. I would really like to same I will hit mbl at this date and wl at this date...

Thnx Shadiyah, I would not dare put dates before but I have learned over the course what my hair growth rate is (round about) so I figure if I can keep it up those will be the timelines I'm projecting or at best putting it out there into the universe:yep:

Since my official BC in Feb. 10 I have managed to grow around on avg. 7-8" a year. So so far I will be looking at reaching MBL in 2 years and HL in 3 years at this rate...hope I'm right. But I am jumping ahead I still have to officially get another inch next mo. and officially claim MBL:spinning:. We shall see...

Last edited:
Let's gooooooooooooo!! I'm excited to start this challenge! I know by August 2012 I'm gonna make it!!!

Come oooooooon 16 weeks post cause I'm so ready to relax this hair for a length check!! ;)

I've decided that my new plan will be to stick with the old plan/regimen...hey if it aint broke why fix it. I have been doing the Crown & Glory method without even knowing it, with thremendous results. For the past 20mos. since my BC my hair has grown from 3" twa(necklength) to brushing MBL. I am excited to see what 2012 will bring...hopefully long luxurious hip length hair.

MY REGGIE...
I twist my hair 100% of the time even underneath my Betsy(wig's name)
sometimes I cover the twist with her, often times I don't.
I prepoo before I do anything with Tresseme Naturals or GVP Matrix Biolage and EVOO. (mostly overnight)
I wash with Terressential on or about the 1st of each mo, detangle and retwist immediately.
I co-wash the middle of the mo. in twist.
Dc when I co-wash and wash, with Alter Ego or GVP Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm(under steamer)
Leave-in with Kimmaytube recipe
Protein w/Aphogee 2 min. or Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask
Oil my scalp 2x/week with oil mix-1oz. Sublime sulfur to 8oz. JBCO
I spray my hair with spritz mixed w/water, lil vegetable glycerin or aloe vera and seal ends 2-3x a week or when needed.

miscallaneouses
I will do a weave install at least 1x cuz I'm bound to get sick of my hair.
I will trim 1x in the middle of the year.
I will do the baggy/GHE method every now and then nightly for a whole mo.(did that last mo. and retained an inch)
Will experiment with more styling of my twist now that they're longer, may even try mini twist.

Attachments

• Big Chop.jpg
    Big Chop.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Big Chop4.jpg
    Big Chop4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 43
  • me6.jpg
    me6.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 44
  • length check3 10.01.jpg
    length check3 10.01.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Joining. Hoping for WL in 2012. Currently MBL. Wearing braids under my wigs.

Will post pic when my new Sedu comes in the mail.

Last edited:
Back