Waist Length 2012 Challenge

So I think I'm still on track to reach wl by dec 2012 judging by my past progress. I should be apl by the end of august (hoping and praying) so I just need to develop a Reggie to ensure that I retain all my growth. This summer, I'm cowashing daily and wearing my phony ponies and half wigs. Depending on the weather in my new city, I'll probably continue this regimen until Christmas, when I get a trim.

I think I may have had a set back :(
My hair is exactly the same length it was the last time I posted + now I have a bunch of SSK and splits. I think I am going to trim back to BSL or slightly shorter and baggy like mad.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I think I may have had a set back :(
My hair is exactly the same length it was the last time I posted + now I have a bunch of SSK and splits. I think I am going to trim back to BSL or slightly shorter and baggy like mad.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Ahhh, sorry to hear this CrissieD:bighug:

Here is some :fairy: to get you back on track :yep:

Hi Ladies!
Just stopping by with an update. I did a length check yesterday and I'm progressing nicely.
Here are some pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I flat ironed with heat tamer using the chase method. No other product is on this hair. it kinda puffed up but I'm loving all the length and thickness I've gained.

I'd like to join this Challenge. I had joined myself to the 2013 one but after straightening I was quite surprised so I'm come on over here if yall dont mind.

My regimen and starting pic are in this thread.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=555931

Happy Hair Growing. I hope everybody reaches their goals.

ETA: starting pic July 7 2011

Attachments

• IMG-20110707-00322.jpg
    IMG-20110707-00322.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I haven't been here in a while but I'm still in! I'll post and update next month after I relax. Congrats on everyone's progress.

I'm keeping up with my weekly DC. My hair loves it. This week I added some honey and olive oil to my DC. Smelled good. I swear I still smell honey now and its been 3 days. I've been bunning probably will for a few weeks or so. I don't feel much like braiding after I snagged my nail! I just went and cut them all short.....ugh. Plus bunning gives me a sorta staright look without the heat. HHG ladies!

This is my first post and I'm definitely joining this challenge! Sorry in advance for ALL THE PICS!! I couldn't figure out how to attach them as thumbnails...

I'm currently APL in the front, BSL in the back because of some old layers. Hopefully by SOMETIME in 2012, I'll reach my goal of BSL in the front and WL in the back. I have about 4.5 inches to go, so 2012 seems feasible.

And I've been natural for 10 years - since I was 14. I had a MAJOR setback a little over 3 years ago after some home coloring and had to BC all over again, but I've got my length back now and would like to have EVEN MORE LENGTH, so this challenge is perfect.

I don't have any very recent straight pics, but these are from earlier this year - maybe Jan or Feb:

june211hair5b.jpg

june211hair31.jpg

june211hair6b.jpg

It's a bit longer than that now.

And I just washed my hair and took these with my webcam - kind of dark, but you can see that I'm APL in the front and GRAZING BSL in the back:

bothfrontsides.jpg

backhair.jpg

My bangs have grown out, but I kind of want to keep them at jaw length even once my I reach WL:
bangsi.jpg

This one is from last year - October 2010. I just like it because it's a half and half and shows what kind of wash-and-go shrinkage I'm dealing with. I rarely straighten; 3-4 times a year at the absolute most. I plan to straighten again either at Christmas or my birthday which is right after the New Year.

10172010.jpg

And these are both from mid 2010:

03302010.jpg

032010.jpg

Last but not least - my progress pics from 2008 when I did my second big chop:
07to08a.jpg

My thing is that I have an ISSUE with breakage and retaining length, but my hair grows fairly quickly. If I could hold on to the length I get, I'd be in business!

Now I'm deep conditioning at least every 3 weeks and experimenting with sealing my ends with Vaseline. We'll see how that goes!

Last edited:
beccaBeccaBECCA welcome. I just joined myself too. 10 years natural that's amazing! Deep condituoning weekly has worked wonders for me! Sealing my ends has also helped tremendously with preventing breakage. Experiment with what your ends like the best. I've never used vaseline but I hope it works for you. Lol at the fish face. Your hair is beautiful that shrinkage is crazy! I hope you reach your goal. I'm also growing out layers and bangs.

Hi ladies :wave:

I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this challenge. I mean let's be realistic. No way in high holy hell am I gonna make it to WL by next year lmao. Not enough months in a year for that to be able to happen. Good luck ladies and KUTGW!!

Is it too late to join? I need a hair challenge. I just had my baby so its like im starting over. I didnt take care of my hair while pregnant. So Im in need of a challenge.

Guys I think I was in this challenge... I have hit waist length...just stopping in to say hi since I renewed my subscription. Good luck ladies and happy hair growing.

This is my first length challenge - seems like it will be the only one! I am NL and WL is my goal, and this time frame seems about right.

My regimen:
Co-wash 2-3 days per week
DC twice a week (moisture/light protein)
Protein Treatment (bi-weekly)

I usually wear WNG's during the week and a braid or twist style on weekends.

Congratulations, belldandy!! :) Very pretty hair, and great progress.

I've been so busy with school, I neglected my hair mission for a while! :) My regimen has changed.

Updated regimen:

Co-wash 2-3 times per week - (maybe more through the end of summer)
Daily PS of french braids or bun
DC once a week
Seal ends nightly with light oil

I had a little set back with heat. Well, a major setback - but since my hair isn't breaking (thank goodness) and isn't hard, I'm not going to cut it.

In the front I have 8 inches of bone straight hair, and 4a hair throughout my head. Not a good way to move into WSL! :) lol!

Hi ladies,
Well things are coming slowly but surely. I just removed extension braids that I taught I would keep in until next month. They were messy and I had a weeding to attend last Saturday. Anyways I relaxed and got a trim on 7/22. I'm in the HYH challenge so this is my last length update until Dec.
Moving forward I think I'll stick to bunning and wigs and relax every 10-12 weeks. The tangles really gave me a hard time after removing the braids.
a6890be9-b1a3-368e.jpg

Hi ladies,
Well things are coming slowly but surely. I just removed extension braids that I taught I would keep in until next month. They were messy and I had a weeding to attend last Saturday. Anyways I relaxed and got a trim on 7/22. I'm in the HYH challenge so this is my last length update until Dec.
Moving forward I think I'll stick to bunning and wigs and relax every 10-12 weeks. The tangles really gave me a hard time after removing the braids.
a6890be9-b1a3-368e.jpg

Beautiful progress!! I love the thickness!

Hi ladies :wave:

I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this challenge. I mean let's be realistic. No way in high holy hell am I gonna make it to WL by next year lmao. Not enough months in a year for that to be able to happen. Good luck ladies and KUTGW!!

NikkiQ Don't leave.. I thought we were going until the end of 2012. We better be that's when my goal is by Dec. 2012. :lol:

Hi ladies,

Beautiful! Your thick hair gives me hope that as mine gets longer it will thicken up too! :) Congrats on the progress thus far!

lol Nikkiq im in this challenge and im sl girl please im trying my best to keep braids in and sulfur sulfur sulfur girl oiling everyday and hiding my hair until the end of next year suppose to get me some good growth keeping my fingers crossed. i need a miracle so im following Njoys mix and taking my vitamins if i can grow an inch or more every month im in business

I'm finally long enough to bun! I keep my hair stretched most of the time now, and either in plaits or a bun. Seeing this much of my face is a new experience! I haven't worn a bun regularly since...1997.

I want in!!! I am currently grazing BSL and I would like to hit WL in 2012.... can I join? Can I join? LOL Pic below...Leggo! :drunk:

Attachments

• SANY0197.jpg
    SANY0197.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I finally have an update photo :-)

I think I'm close :-) I might even make full WL by Dec 2012
The rolls let you know where my waist is :-(
Time to join one of those work out challenges

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315636470350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315636470350.jpg