Waist Length 2012 Challenge

I'm droping out of this challenge - I've decided to transition to natural and trimed about 2inches last night. I'm hoping i can transition as long as my relaxed ends let let me. I'm not to concerned with lenght right now.

I hope to one day be wl with natural hair.

Good luck ladies.

I'm droping out of this challenge - I've decided to transition to natural and trimed about 2inches last night. I'm hoping i can transition as long as my relaxed ends let let me. I'm not to concerned with lenght right now.

I hope to one day be wl with natural hair.

Good luck ladies.

Good luck transitioning ojemba

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

I should have made it this year but I cut the rest of my bleached and colored hair off early this year. So... I need about 3 inches to get to waist. So I will go ahead and join up ^_^
I use henna and indigo every 3 months or so now, I wash with shampoo at least one time a week and cowash 2-3 times a week. I only straighten maybe once every 3 months and I hope to cut that down to maybe two times next year. I bun most of the time and don't use very many products any more.
Here are my starting pics, these are right after a quick trim, I took off about an inch all around. excuse the back fat, the green dots are WL on me. This is a 3 day out flat iron >_<

Attachments

• wyrdwaydec2011.JPG
    wyrdwaydec2011.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 55
  • wyrdway2011notop.JPG
    wyrdway2011notop.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Goals for each check-in date

December 31, 2010- No goal for my natural hair but WL overall
April 31, 2011- No goal for my natural hair
August 15, 2011- Past SL for my natural hair
December 31, 2011- Full APL for my natural hair
April 31, 2012- BSL for my natural hair
August 15, 2012- Full MBL natural
December 31, 2012- WL natural

Here's my length check. Got my hair pressed, layered, and curled today. I'm on track with my goals and to make WL by next Christmas!
photo-vi.jpg

I'm officially joining this challenge. I'm starting grazing BSB planning to hit WL. I relax next week so pics then. Happy New Year!

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

I took a two week hiatus cuz I was horribly upset and sad. I went to the salon for my relaxer on dec 17 and i had 2in from WL on the left and 1.5in on the right. I wanted to the stylist to simply even it up, a .5in trim. My ends were already in perfect shape, I just wanted it even cuz I had planned to wear my hair straight for the holidays. Surprise surprise, I walk out with a 2in trim. So that's it. I give stylists the benefit of the doubt time and time again but I'm officially becoming a self-trimmer (if at all). I threw away my shears and i'm not buying any til 2013. I should have been at WL sooo long ago but those trims...

Enough venting, a setback is a comeback right ladies? And this gives me a fresh start so I can see exactly how much growth I can attain on a monthly and year basis. I'm PSing 100% this year. I'm doing the 6month stretch that I've always wanted to do. I'm measuring and taking pics monthly to personally track my progress. I won't post a pic until my 6month relaxer. 2012 is my year.

A) List your Reggie: 100% PS (mostly buns), Joico shampoo and conditioner, GPB protein deep conditioning 1x/month, Argan oil and NTM leave-in

B) # of inches til whip or hip length: 4in to WL, 6in to WHIP

Attachments

• dec2011.jpg
    dec2011.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 12.2011.jpg
    12.2011.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 117
I want to join this challenge.

My longest layers are mbl and the rest is bsl. I know I'm not full mbl yet, but I still hope to make waist length this year.

Thinking about joining this challenge...lol...waist length scares me though

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

my regimen:

I don't have a strict regi.

co-wash weekly or bi-weekly (sometimes more or less often). My hair likes Tresemme or Pantene.
Deep condition on dry hair overnight. No particular brand.
Leave-in spray (water, Infusium23, cheap conditioner, EOs). Oil with whatever I have on hand. Moisturize with Shea Moisture daily.
Use sulfur and megatek a few times a week.
PS most of time time - buns, plaits under wig or hat, twists. I use heat a few times a year. GHE at night.

My plan is to start doing henna again. Increase usage of sulfur. Stay away from heat as much as possible. Trim in March.

This will have to do as a starting photo. I'll get a better one next month.

Attachments

• 1-8-12-2.jpg
    1-8-12-2.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I'll join... but I'm being ambitious. :)

Regimen:
Pre-poo with a warm oil. Wash and deep condition under steamer once a week or every two weeks, depending on style. [Alternate using shampoo and conditioner for washing; alternate protein conditioner and moisturizing conditioner for steaming.] Air dry and style. Moisturize and seal as needed during the week, concentrating on the ends of hair. Massage scalp with sulfur oil or pomade 3-4x a week. Trim every 3-4 months (may change to a dusting every other month) using the lunar cycle provided at Luna Tips-Heavenly Hair Care.

Goal: Grazing WSL in Dec

1DSC02101-vi.jpg

OK HERE'S MY ENTRY!

Hair goals: Waist Length by December 31, 2012.

I'm currently about 7 inches away. I should be able to do this!!

My regimen for winter is weekly washing and DC, followed by moisturizing, sealing and airdrying. Then either flat iron and wear in a variety of updos or twist and wear in a variety of twisted styles for the week.
On lazy weeks I may let the flat ironed hair last 2 weeks unless my scalp is itching like crazy.
This is what works for me in the cold months.

Starting point photo right now is: (October 17th)
October-16-267x300.jpg

I'll post my "official" starting point photo on December 31, 2011!

So here's my real starting point as of today:
jan+2+2012.jpg

When I pull it taught/fully straight it looks to be about BSL and about 6 inches from my waist..... (though you can't see my waist anymore since I'm preggo lol)

PC240160.jpg

This pic from Dec 23 2011

In addition to what I mentioned in my initial post, I'll be using all natural products on my hair, hopefully that'll have a health difference. I'm also hoping being preggo gives me a growth spurt....though I hear after baby comes it all falls out soooo..... we'll see if WL is even possible for me this year.

Good luck to everyone in this challenge!

I'll join... but I'm being ambitious. :)

Regimen:
Pre-poo with a warm oil. Wash and deep condition under steamer once a week or every two weeks, depending on style. [Alternate using shampoo and conditioner for washing; alternate protein conditioner and moisturizing conditioner for steaming.] Air dry and style. Moisturize and seal as needed during the week, concentrating on the ends of hair. Massage scalp with sulfur oil or pomade 3-4x a week. Trim every 3-4 months (may change to a dusting every other month) using the lunar cycle provided at Luna Tips-Heavenly Hair Care.

Goal: Grazing WSL in Dec

1DSC02101-vi.jpg

gurl i think you can do it if u set ur mind to it
as for ambitious iv not even hit APL yet but i might just sit on the sidelines for the moment :look:

Hola!

Please count me in!

My siggle will be my starting pic.

Regimem:

My hair loves ALL things Argan oil. I recently purchased a bottle of pure argan oil to add to my deep conditioners and apply to my ends mid week.

I rotate Morrocan oil brandl and Cream of Natural Argan oil shampoo and conditioners. I also on occasion use Kerastase Oleo Relax slim(using up remains in my stash) and Sllicon Mix (Bamboo). Leave-ins: One & Only Argan oil treatment and Morrocan oil Hydrating styling cream and/or CON Argan Oil Wrap lotion.

I prepoo overnight with a light protein conditoner. Currently rotate Aphogee 2 minute and Silicon Mix Perla Protein. Some weeks I will add oil to the conditioner. Usually coconut or Amla.

I shampoo and deep condition once a week. I roller set and flat iron (mainly the roots) Then I either pin curl, wrap or use my goody spin pens to secure 2-3 buns/bantu knots to main a curl/wave in my straightened hair.

On the daily when I leave home I wear my hair down. I also will wear it up in a clip or a pony tail. If the weather is bad it's in a bun usually covered in a pretty scarf until I reach my destination.

Keeping my curly hair stretched with roller sets has been a god send for me. I see a significant reduction in single strand knots. I was able to retain a lot more length last year. Those knots were impeding my length goals.:yep:

I plan to stay the course and hopefully reach waist length this year!

Happy Hair growing ladies!

Hello All!
I would like to join this challenge because I'm hoping to get to waist length by my birthday, which is August 19th! As of December 2011 I am bra-strap length!
It's an ambitious goal, but I've seen it happen on this forum (bra-strap to waist length in 8 months) and I believe it CAN and WILL be done.

Waist length 2012 wooohooo!!!

I did a length check on wet hair for no reason at all today. (I'm at 8 weeks post relaxer). And it shows that I am 2 inches from WL. I don't trust those wet hair length checks though so I'm just going to wait until my next relaxer to do real length check as usual.

I think I would like to join (though I am in the Waist Length 2013 challenge). I believe I can definitely get there. If I retain 6 inches I can be in the waist range for sure. I am aiming to get as much growth as possible this year. At least 6 inches!

My regimen right now is wearing wash n' go's, banded styles, rollersets, and wigs. I am limiting flat ironing, and trying to keep my hair mostly in stretched states and moisturized. I also dust once a month now.

I've been lurking here for months and finally subscribed today, I know it might be too late but I've want to join this challenge as well.
I will be do shampooing 2x a month cowashing every week, protein once a month and using my shea moisture leave in and sealing with safflower/sunflower oil. Here's my starting pic from December
Mbl1-2.jpg

Hi Ladies!
I never got a chance to post my end of the year update pics so here they are. I didnt quite hit my year end goal of APL but I'm still going to push on.
The first pic is Jan 2011 the second is Jan 2012

Attachments

• jan10.jpg
    jan10.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 28
  • jan07.jpg
    jan07.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 25
I'm excited! Did an unofficial length check last night & I'm 3.5" from wl. I have to re-wash & flatiron tonight will post my official starting pic, finally.

Back