Waist Length 2012 Challenge

Hey Ladies,

I haven't been on here to update, so I thought now would be a good time. I just measured my hair and I have about 6-7 inches to go to reach WL. I'm hoping by this time next year, no later than June 2012 I'll be WL....(fingers crossed and hair braided!!).

I just co-washed my hair in a ponytail, best decision ever! My hair has been feeling really good thanks to Honey Dew and shea butter, hopefully aphogee stops the breakage! How about you ladies?

Hey ladies! I am full APL now and still stretching my relaxer (out of laziness). I am wearing wigs and hope to relax in June. I am 8 inches away from WL so I am hoping to be there by summer of next year.
Happy Hair Growing!!

I have been cowashing the past few days. If I can keep up with my moisturizing, I should be able to retain some length.

This is the first week that i'm using my sulfur mix; so far so good. Im excited to see how much growth I will get by my next relaxer!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

I am wigging it till June. My hair is braided under the wig. I rebraid them every three weeks. I DC once a week, moisterize and seal every night and sometimes in the am if it feels like I need it. I only wash on the day I take the braids out.

I feel so much new growth by week three...that makes me happy!! I can't bring myself to flat iron even a piece just to check my length. I'll wait.....:afro:

Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy to hear from everyone. I may have to drop out of this challenge. I chopped on 2/25 so I'm more than sure I won't make WL by Dec 2012. There's not enough hair fairy dust in the world to take me from NL to WL lmao. But I'll stay in to keep up with everyone.

Finally straightened my hair (heat-free since November) :grin: I MADE BSL!
picture.php

Last edited:
My ultimate hair goal is to reach waist length. My current regimen is planned around my two babies, a 2yr old and 2 month old.
I wash/co-wash once a week.
I deep condition with oils.
use a medium protein treatment once a month
stretch my relaxers 10-13 wks with light dusting of hair ends
use jamaican black castor oil 2-3 a week
Bunning and no heat
Use aloe vera juice to help with shedding.
picture.php

So I straightened my hair to ward off the tangles I had been getting, it came out good but it didn't feel like it use to. Friday, my mom got me some coconut oil so I put some in my hair and put my hair in two buns. When I woke up my hair was wavy and sooooooo moisturized. Coconut oil is being added back into my regimen! I'm gonna try DC-ing with it next weekend.

P.S I'm relaxing this week, will post pics when I do :)

LADIES!!!! Where is everyone??? How is everyone doing??? This thread has been totally forgotten. Yes...I'm guilty :(

:hiya: Hi Ladies!

I am still hiding my hair under a wig for my PS. This week it's under my new LF Sensationall Jasmine.
She is so so long, waist length at the longest point (shaped like a V in the back).

I love her because it's giving me practice for what my own hair will be like when I get to WL which is my ultimate goal. :crossfingers:
I know my co-workers think I'm crazy because everytime my style changes it keeps getting longer and longer. :yep:

Sunday I took out my braids, pre-pooed with my blend of oils, washed my hair with Giovanni organic something or another (I won't use this again because it felt like it stripped my hair and made it feel hard), then followed up with a 6 hour DC.

I did a light flatiron on my hair to make it easier to braid and I think I'm at a little past shoulder length!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

I'm so happy because now I can see for sure that all the work I'm putting in is really paying off!!!

Im posting some pics but please don't tell the ladies in the Hide Your Hair Challenge. :grin:

Also remember this is just a light flatiron so its kinda puffy.

Attachments

• lck1.jpg
    lck1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 26
  • lck2.jpg
    lck2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 31
I think I will definitely make it to WL by Dec 2012. My longest layers are already almost full MBL. I'm giving myself til Dec though because I have a very deep U cut and I want it more blunt. So those shorter APL sides need time to catch up. :(

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Well My camera broke in October so I dont have my December Updates, BUT I do have the pics from my Texlax at the end of October! Its been 11 weeks already!! :grin: Hopefully, Ill be able to texlax withtin the next few weeks. I put in some twist extensions and there is no way that Im taking them out this soon!! I wanted to wait at least 6 weeks before I take them out. After that I think Imma start visiting weaves again. Now all I gotta do is find a place thats not gonna go crazy tight with braiding my hair for the weave! Hhhhmmm. Im in Atlanta, any of you ladies have any suggestions on places that do good weaves (without ripping your hair out?!)
Love your bun - the texture and color are so pretty. Until I read your post, I thought you were natural.

Hey ladies! Still on track to be WL in 2012. My longest layer is MBL, but my nape is recovering from some breakage so I'm nursing it back to health. Washing and rollersetting today.

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. Anyone know what's going on with BigMommah? I PM'd her sometime in January and I haven't gotten a response yet...I'm beginning to get alittle worried.

Anywho,
I'm proud to say that I've picked up a new method of PSing, I'm currently wiggin it and I think I'm in love.
As of today I'm 9 weeks post, and let me tell you, the wigs are making the stretch sooooooo much easier for me :grin:
I love being able to rock a cute style, while still having access to my real hair at night (for moisturizing and sealing purposes) I've already made plans to purchase another one next week :yay:

Quick Question: Is there another alternative to using the standard stocking wig cap? I feel like the material of the stocking cap is making my hair loose some moisture throughtout the day. I'm tempted to try the baggy method, but I'm nervous that while i'm at work, my head will be making that notiaceable "baggy" sound with every turn of my head lol.

Okay, I'm really late, but congrats AlliCat for making bsl! Your hair looks great :yep:

Welcome to the new joiners. Glad to see people are still checking in and making progress. Sorry I've been m.i.a., but I've really been neglecting my hair (just don't have time because of school) and I've been hanging out in other forums. I've wondered about Bigmommah, too...hope she is alright.

Only a few more weeks and I'll be back with an update!

D.Lisha, your new siggy is amazing! That wig is really working for you! :yep:

Last edited:
Back