Waist Length 2012 Challenge

@Dlisha : Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna get some today. Also have you ever heard of MSM? What is it and how does it boost hair growth?

@Drtondalia-->No problem. And for MSM...I remember back when I was on BHM (Blackhairmedia.com) it was ALL the RAVE! Supposedly those Hairfinity vitamins are a form of MSM. How it works? Well it's supposed to to "lengthen" the hair's growth phase, this lil excerpt was taken directly from the site:

"So how will MSM make your hair grow longer? If your “Growing” phase lasts two years, and your hair normally grows one half inch per month, your hair will only grow 12 inches before entering the resting and shedding phases. (24 months times ½ inch per month).

On the other hand, if your “Growing” phase lasts 3 years, then it will grow 18 inches. (36 months times ½ inch per month).

Since your growth phase is genetically determined, there is no way this will change unless you use a supplement containing MSM. MSM is known to naturally increase the length of your hair’s growing phase."

The only thing that has kept me from trying these out is the crazy side-effects. I can't count how many times I've heard the BHMers talk about nausea, unbearable headaches, and vomitting from taking these. Supposedly if you up your water in-take, it helps to combat the side-effects. And I can tell you right now that my current water in-take has been um......well let's jst say, not that good :ohwell: but i'm working on that though! lol.

Hey everyone!

Boy, I've been looking for this thread, lol. Hope everyone had a great holiday, I know I did.

Welcome to all of our new members!

D.Lisha, that picture is like whoa, blam, stunning! And I know you are not happy with your progress, but I personally think that your hair is doing great! And I am completely jealous of how thick your hair is!

I'm feeling aight about my hair....I guess I'm too busy to really pay that much attention. Don't know if I'll make midback by the end of the year because I did a mini trim after I flat ironed my hair a few weeks back. I have been rollersetting lately and I like it.

Counting down for those progress pics :yep:

:lol:
Oh stop it @Naturallista...you're makin me blush (:blush:). *feels special*
And girl I know you're not talking about being jealous of my thickness when i'm secretly hating on your tresses *flashes back to your most recent progress pics* :lick: *sigh*....you wanna switch out those lush, thick, healthy, BSL curls for my outta contol mane? :rolleyes:

Hi ladies

Glad I found this thread, I almost forgot I joined. Since joining I trimmed my hair 4 inches in September and added lots of layers. I miss the lengh but hope it will be back by April/May 2011.

Right now I'm still wearing a lacefront ( no glue/tape) as my protective style so will length check again in December. I take pics and use those as my new starting point.

I've thought about that before, but I'd have to order it online. No Indian stores in the area that I can find. :nono:

Where are you? I can get it and ship it to you. I"m going there this week because I have to stock up on henna for my henna party in a couple of weeks. In my religion we use henna to decorate the hands and feet. I have my arm done in my profile pic on my page.

Hey ladies. I'm six months post as of yesterday!! I think I'm on an indefinite stretch, so I won't be relaxing for Christmas, just flat ironing, that is, unless I change my mind!:lachen:

I hope all this new growth leads to a nice surprise.

31 days, ladies! Are you ready?????

I think I'm on an indefinite stretch,

This is where I am as well. I am going to adopt that phrase then I won't have to commit to saying I'm transitioning or preparing to relax. Thank you!:grin:

I almost want to make a ticker just to count down until the holiday reveals. I keep hopping around the forums looking for the "ta da bam pow" pictures of everyone's hard work paying off.

Have an amazing day!

:lol:
Oh stop it @Naturallista...you're makin me blush (:blush:). *feels special*
And girl I know you're not talking about being jealous of my thickness when i'm secretly hating on your tresses *flashes back to your most recent progress pics* :lick: *sigh*....you wanna switch out those lush, thick, healthy, BSL curls for my outta contol mane? :rolleyes:

Umm...yes, actually :lol: Anybody can grow long hair, but not all of us have a shot at gorgeous, thick, outta control manes! Thank you for the compliment, though :yep:

And Bigmommah is right, NikkiQ- We will all have fabulous reveals in December. *keeps chanting* :drunk:

lol awww thanks @Naturallista...but the offer still stand if you ever want to trade heads of hair, sometimes I get tired of fighting mine :lol:...

Hair News:
So ladies....today was offically the "coldest" day i've experience since my HHJ..and I must say...I think i'm about to gravitate towards phony ponies and half-wigs. So today I have my hair clipped up in a simple mini alligator clip (made specifically for thick hair..since I tend to break all the other ways :nono:), and as I was walking outside on my lunch break...if felt like the wind, cold-dry air and light rain was all at war with my precious ends!! My precious precious ends!! Like WOW! I really felt bad about that fact that my ends weren't tucked under and being protected....so today is the day I will venture out to get the most beautiful, NATURAL-looking phony pony I can find at my local BSS! Don't worry my precious ends! Mamma's gonna take care of you! lol.

So...anyone know of some cute phony-pony styles? Any tutorials on how to install half-wigs? I'm styledicapped (not able to style my own hair) so I need all the help I can get :ohwell:

OMG YALL! I just had to come back and show you guys this...so this is one I'm SERIOUSLY interested in check it out:
Sexy Behind Wig!
I think this wig is calling me :D, I'm seriously considering getting this this weekend! (alil gift to myself)...question now is..how do I put it on?

You part your hair from ear to ear. Leave the front hair out and protect the back with a stocking cap. Put the wig on the middle part like you would put a wig on your hair line. Take the hair you left out in front and bump it, flat iron it, or whatever you need to do to blend it in. You can put a little part in the front of your hair to make it even more natural.HTH

@Maxjones I haven't heard from Soldier for a while but please feel free to jump in and enjoy the awesomeness that is this group.

@MaxJones: Welcome to the family :), make yourself at home.

@AllMyWigExperts (NikkiQ especially!): Other the local BSS stores or hairsisters.com...where else can I find reasonable Human hair half-wigs? o.O
Mainly within the price range of $50.00-$120.00.....

Sooo I've decided to continue to stretch my until my birthday in July. I have set myself the goal of learning to braid my own hair well. I want to create work appropriate styles with a bit of pizzaz so you all can get ready to be flooded with pics of my creations.

I will flat iron my hair probably once every 3 months so that I can get accurate measurements of my progress.

Have a great day ladies!

@Bigmommah,

Imma be watching you! Your post sounds just like my plans. I need work appropriate styles that I can use on my different textures. I love my bun and will fall back on it but I would love something different.

Of course you gotta call me out huh?lol

Try Half Wigs - Human Hair

or even browse Amazon.com

Of course!
It was either you or JJamiah...and since I don't see her around these parts too often the lucky spot went to you automatically lol...and guess what? I officially ordain you my certified "Wig" consultant (if you don't mind, that is :rolleyes:) What do ya say? lol.

I shall gladly accept that title lol. I have 8 coming in on Monday anyway :giggle:

Lol 8, huh?
One day I might get to that leve....ONE DAY :lol:....that one day might be coming along sooner than I think, i'm seeing ALOT of wigs on this site that i'm feeling :yep:.....I also have to admit wig shopping can prove to be pretty addictive...I can barely get any work done for gawking at these things! :look:

Peeks in......
Hey ladies! Hope you have been well. I am 25 wks post today. Wigging it to the New Yr then see what happens (hopefully APL).
Happy Hair Growing!!
DLisha, you're so pweety.

D.Lisha, you said you're taking Biotin & B-Complex together. Does that help with controlling the unwanted growth of body hair while still providing growth to the hair on your head?

Okay, I don't think I will take my starting pics until Dec. 31....no reason in particular.

Here is my regimen:

Once a week overnight dc with EVOO, dry hair.
Protective style
Try my best not to wear my hair loose :pray:
S&D as needed

As to the products:
EVOO
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
Organics Texture My Way Lotion
Hot Six Oil

I'm pretty nervous about protective styling all the time. I'm not the best styling person. This will be the year that I learn how to braid my hair. I am going to start practicing now.

@Shaunie: The only proven method I know of reducing the growth of body hair would be to take a multivitamin. I say this because the multivitamin contains a lower percentage of Biotin (usually about 10%)...therefore the unwanted "body hair"growth shouldn't be too outta hand :). And the reason I take B-complex with the Biotin is to help the Biotin do it's job more effectively; since Biotin is a component of B-Complex, I wanted to experiment to see how well the two would work if taken together. I haven't been taking the two long enough to see what results are yield...but only time will tell :yep:

Okay, I don't think I will take my starting pics until Dec. 31....no reason in particular.

Here is my regimen:

Once a week overnight dc with EVOO, dry hair.
Protective style
Try my best not to wear my hair loose :pray:
S&D as needed

As to the products:
EVOO
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner

Organics Texture My Way Lotion
Hot Six Oil

I'm pretty nervous about protective styling all the time. I'm not the best styling person. This will be the year that I learn how to braid my hair. I am going to start practicing now.

Again I welcome you to the challenge MaxJones :) (Hey! My last name is Jones as well.....are you kinfolk? lol)
I wanted to know your views on the products in bold...I'm looking for a heavier conditioner for my co-washes since the start of the colder months.....

Still rockin my wigs and keeping my hair hidden away. Moisturize every morning before work and after I shower. Gonna DC today since I'm gonna be WAY too busy to do it this weekend(we're moving).

Back