Waist Length 2012 Challenge

ladies, I'm feeling alil bummed :(
Me and my bf are about to take pictures on his birthday next month...I was going to go ahead and let my mommy put a relaxer in my hair this week....so I can go to the salon and get it professionally "doobie wrapped" within the next two weeks, just in time for our pictures. Now the last time I stretched was 13 weeks aproximately. I'm bummed about the fact that I don't seem to have as much growth as I did last time :(........*sigh*
I'll take some pictures for you ladies to compare once I get home tonight after work.

^^^turn that frown upside down lady. A watched pot never boils. Give it some time. Maybe you had an insane growth spurt before, but your hair is growing. Trust me :)

^^^Gotta make sure everyone is in the spirit lol. It'll be the first time I fully flat iron my hair since July so I'm very anxious to see my progress :D

It's been a while, but just wanted to peek in.

Hair is currently in 2 french braids... I also put some auburn streaks in it... Myself, lol.

I like it and so far no complaints in terms of moisture.. A little less texture, but that happens with any chemical process, even when it's not a perm. I like my chunky highlights though, I think I did a good job.

Okay, I'm out!

ladies, I'm feeling alil bummed :(
Me and my bf are about to take pictures on his birthday next month...I was going to go ahead and let my mommy put a relaxer in my hair this week....so I can go to the salon and get it professionally "doobie wrapped" within the next two weeks, just in time for our pictures. Now the last time I stretched was 13 weeks aproximately. I'm bummed about the fact that I don't seem to have as much growth as I did last time :(........*sigh*
I'll take some pictures for you ladies to compare once I get home tonight after work.

Keep ya head up girl.

@D.Lisha ~ ***HUGS*** everything is moving along just as it's supposed to. Your hair is gorgeous now and it will remain so. I believe in you!

@Imanadero ~ Hiya! I can't wait to see the pics of your color.

awww thanks for the kind words ladies :yep:
I really needed them.
Here are the pictures as I promised
These pictures depict my growth from June-Sept [12.5 weeks post]

558655688_1979552960_0.jpg558597719_1979334133_0.jpg
--------------------------
These are the pictures that depict my growth from September-November [10weeks post ]:(......not nearly as much NG as before'
588742607_2094391924_0.jpg 588742941_2094393132_0.jpg

*sigh*

^^^don't get yourself down. Its just 10 weeks post. You never know what your hair will look like during your next stretch. Stay positive girlie!

@Taina: Welcome, chicka :bighug:
@Bigmommah & @NikkiQ: Thanks ladies!
You all really know how to keep a chick motivated

So yeah... I just got my hair done... ::SIGH:: She had to chop off like 3... 3 inches off :(

It's okay though. My ends REALLY needed it and I'm still hovering around APL. So I was nearly BSL, but I'll be there by the end of next year and hopefully FULLY BSL by DEC 2011...

UGH! Now I'm REALLY going to be good to my hair though... Can't let this happen again!

Hi Ladies!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well :yep:
I have been a co-washing somebody. This weekend I used coconut oil w/ peppermint oil on my scalp and coated my hair in EVOO and slept in a plastic cap overnight. Saturday I washed my hair with Garnier Frutics Creme shampoo (for dry & damaged hair) and DC with Garnier Frutics Creme Conditioner (for dry & damaged hair) overnight. Sunday I rinsed the conditioner and used Cantu leave in conditioner sprayed my hair with Tresseme Heat Tamer, and Yes I flat ironed my hair. I just couldn't help it. I used the heat protectant on each section.

I used this mini ceramic flat iron I bought over the weekend. My intention was to purchase the mini-CHI but the store charged $124.00 for it and I could get it online for like $75.00. But the store clerk advised me to purchase this off brand mini for $9.99. She told me that the same people make the CHI.

Now, I have never had a clecrk try to convince me to purchase a cheaper product. I bought it and I am ecstatic about the results. I can even see that my hair looks like it has grown some since September. What do you gals think?
Sep. Starter pic on left / Nov flat iron on right

Attachments

• hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 14
  • hair06.jpg
    hair06.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
how is everyone feeling about their hair these days??? I'm staying positive. 4 weeks til length check time :yep:

how is everyone feeling about their hair these days??? I'm staying positive. 4 weeks til length check time :yep:

I'm feeling pretty good. I was looking at some old pics on my fokti and there is such a difference in my hair. I am ready and excited to take pics over xmas. I'm making my mother do it, I'm sure she'll love me lol. I may try to take some this weekend

I'm feeling anxious..to see how it will be at its full potential :).
Like growing up I was always told "girl you have some thick hair! omg!"...thick hair this..thick hair that...I always knew my hair was SOMEWHAT thick....but I didn't see what the fuss was all about. That is..up until my last relaxer! My hair is FINALLY gaining the thickness I've always wanted it to have :). My goal has always been to have hair with the thickness and length of Keishia Knight Pulliam's (Rudy from the Cosby Show)
spbxcg.jpg

*sighs*

How am I feeling about my hair. Hmmm. Well I've pretty sure I'm a hard core 4b so learning to deal with it at 18 weeks post is more difficult than I had anticipated. The damage being caused by my shed hair is a bit disheartening but overall I am happy to be learning more about my hair in general. Even if I do decide to transition in January I won't be one of those ladies who do it without direct heat. I'll probably lightly blow dry my hair once a week to make styling a bit easier. Or learning to braid better and just wearing braids. I'll figure it out, I'm stubborn like that.

@D.Lisha that picture is beautiful!

Have a powerful week ladies!

How am I feeling about my hair. Hmmm. Well I've pretty sure I'm a hard core 4b so learning to deal with it at 18 weeks post is more difficult than I had anticipated. The damage being caused by my shed hair is a bit disheartening but overall I am happy to be learning more about my hair in general. Even if I do decide to transition in January I won't be one of those ladies who do it without direct heat. I'll probably lightly blow dry my hair once a week to make styling a bit easier. Or learning to braid better and just wearing braids. I'll figure it out, I'm stubborn like that.

@D.Lisha that picture is beautiful!

Have a powerful week ladies!

I have been feeling the same way about heat and my hair. I've been looking into heat training and for me it seems promising. I've never had any heat problems with my hair so it might be a go. On youtube I saw a video from longhairdontcare and she said she blows her roots out with heat and blows her ends with cool air to preserve them. I just haven't been getting positive feedback on my natural hairstyles at home or at work. Plus even though I been natural for years; I've always worn my hair flat ironed. I really just crave length :spinning: and will do anything I have to in order to get it. My hair seems to be getting longer since I've been doing it at home. No one snipping away at it every other week.

Is anyone taking vitamins? If so what kind and what kind of results are you seeing?

I have been feeling the same way about heat and my hair. I've been looking into heat training and for me it seems promising. I've never had any heat problems with my hair so it might be a go. On youtube I saw a video from longhairdontcare and she said she blows her roots out with heat and blows her ends with cool air to preserve them. I just haven't been getting positive feedback on my natural hairstyles at home or at work. Plus even though I been natural for years; I've always worn my hair flat ironed. I really just crave length :spinning: and will do anything I have to in order to get it. My hair seems to be getting longer since I've been doing it at home. No one snipping away at it every other week.

Is anyone taking vitamins? If so what kind and what kind of results are you seeing?

@Drtondalia-->>I'm currently taking Biotin and B-complex. I've been taking Biotin alone since the start of my hair journey. It hasn't failed me yet...but be mindful that it will not only do well to make your hair grow...but it will also make your "body hair" sprout as well!
I was recently told that it's more effective with its B-complex counter part. Thus, the reason I've decided to add it to my current supplement in-take. :yep:
I haven't been taking the two long enough to see results but I will keep you posted. But Biotin alone has worked well for me in the past! I'd highly recommend it.

@Dlisha : Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna get some today. Also have you ever heard of MSM? What is it and how does it boost hair growth?

Hey everyone!

Boy, I've been looking for this thread, lol. Hope everyone had a great holiday, I know I did.

Welcome to all of our new members!

D.Lisha, that picture is like whoa, blam, stunning! And I know you are not happy with your progress, but I personally think that your hair is doing great! And I am completely jealous of how thick your hair is!

I'm feeling aight about my hair....I guess I'm too busy to really pay that much attention. Don't know if I'll make midback by the end of the year because I did a mini trim after I flat ironed my hair a few weeks back. I have been rollersetting lately and I like it.

Counting down for those progress pics :yep:

Back