Waist Length 2012 Challenge

Co-washed my hair last night with V05 Moisture Milk (can't think of the exact fragrance right now *shrug*), DC'ed, and air-dried my hair in two pig-tails.....then called it a day :yep:
How are you ladies doing?

Doing pretty good. Still rockin my braids and wigs right now. Will take these out in about 2 weeks or so,do a nice protein treatment and do a blow-out before the next set of braids. Hopefully I'll be able to claim SL after I take them out,but no length check until December for me.

Dadragonprincess, with the end date being so far away I don't your joining will be an issue so welcome to the fun!

I'm rocking a french braid up-do (my first) as I continue packing for our move.

Have a fantastic week!

Hey y'all

haven't checked in in a while, but things are progressing pretty well. I've been experiencing some shedding and i dont know what's going on there, but I started doing coffee and tea rinses so we'll see if that helps any.

On the plus side, my bun is getting bigger!

Hey y'all

haven't checked in in a while, but things are progressing pretty well. I've been experiencing some shedding and i dont know what's going on there, but I started doing coffee and tea rinses so we'll see if that helps any.

On the plus side, my bun is getting bigger!

ladysaraii so coffee and tea rinses are good for shedding, what exactly is the purpose of the treatment? I keep hearing about tea rinses, thanks

I completely forgot about this thread and I don't think I ever posted a starting picture.

Whoa! The pic came out huge...I'll have to work on that later!

...it's the same picture as the one in my siggy, uncropped. I'm shampooing and DCing every 3 days, alternating moisture and protein. I'm rollersetting, bunning, and doing braidouts. That's about it! Oh, and moisturizing daily.

^^umm the point was I was asking b/c I hear about it all the time and didn't know exactly how the tea rinsing works. make people feel little by asking a simple question. geez yall.

Yes... How does this tea rinse work? You just make a cup of tea and pour it over your head? I think I need some clarification...

And ummm... Yeah, the rollerset that I did the other night... Yeah, didn't come out so great... BUT, I think I'm gonna try it again with smaller rollers as opposed to using bigger rollers because we couldn't roll the bigger ones tight enough and keep the close to the head...

So yes, nto a complete #fail, but not a success either... Anyway, onward and upward! Just gonna keep going for growth, although I know I need a trim (but I don't want to!)

^^umm the point was I was asking b/c I hear about it all the time and didn't know exactly how the tea rinsing works. make people feel little by asking a simple question. geez yall.

Same here, didn't know what it was that's all..... hmmm

gosh, don't bite my head off.....I just thought there was another usage of the black tea/coffee rinse that I was overlooking :look: .....as far as some step-by-step directions of EXACTLY how to use it.....here is one way:

Just brew some tea or coffee, let it sit until it's cool, then after shampooing pour over hair and scalp, apply a deep conditioner over it then rinse out after 30 minutes. Result- Soft, strong hair with very little shedding......

***HUGS***

There now we all feel better.:yep:

Thanks for bringing up the how to on the tea rinse. I've seen it mentioned but never thought about how to do it.

How often, if ever, do you all change your reggie? I know a lot of women change based on the weather/season but do you change it at any other time?

Took my twist out, and texlaxed this past Saturday. Almost lasted a month. I just couldn't do it. The style was cute, and I loved it. I don't know how my sisters wear those things for months at a time. More power to them. : )

I might get some cornrolls in a few weeks. I did enjoy not having to do my hair.

Today I'm wearing a phony pony.

gosh, don't bite my head off.....I just thought there was another usage of the black tea/coffee rinse that I was overlooking :look: .....as far as some step-by-step directions of EXACTLY how to use it.....here is one way:

Just brew some tea or coffee, let it sit until it's cool, then after shampooing pour over hair and scalp, apply a deep conditioner over it then rinse out after 30 minutes. Result- Soft, strong hair with very little shedding......

Thanks!!!! Wow that is awesome, I am going to tell my friend and sister about this and do it myself when I take out my extensions!

I tried twists many years ago and the way the ends were finished made a HAM of a very expensive twinset I loved. That was the end of those for me. Are you thinking of doing your cornrows yourself or having someone else do them?

Took my twist out, and texlaxed this past Saturday. Almost lasted a month. I just couldn't do it. The style was cute, and I loved it. I don't know how my sisters wear those things for months at a time. More power to them. : )

I might get some cornrolls in a few weeks. I did enjoy not having to do my hair.

Today I'm wearing a phony pony.

I wish I could do them myself. I don't know how. : )

I tried twists many years ago and the way the ends were finished made a HAM of a very expensive twinset I loved. That was the end of those for me. Are you thinking of doing your cornrows yourself or having someone else do them?

Deep conditioned with lekair overnight. I am about 3 mths post, so I am trying to up my game,vitamins,exercise, blah,blah. Trying not to get discouraged. Hoping to see some progress when I finally relax.

@MsSonya, i am SURE you will see progress when you perm!

congrats on making it 3 months post!

as far as wl in 2012, it just seems so far away....but i'm staying hopeful.....

***HUGS***

There now we all feel better.:yep:

Thanks for bringing up the how to on the tea rinse. I've seen it mentioned but never thought about how to do it.

How often, if ever, do you all change your reggie? I know a lot of women change based on the weather/season but do you change it at any other time?

You're so sweet Bigmommah! :circle:

KUTGW ladies. I'm gonna just observe this challenge from afar from here on out. I don't feel want anyone else to feel like I'm "biting their heads off" so I'll just be quiet. I'll cheer you guys from the sidelines. Good Luck everyone! :weird:

KUTGW ladies. I'm gonna just observe this challenge from afar from here on out. I don't feel want anyone else to feel like I'm "biting their heads off" so I'll just be quiet. I'll cheer you guys from the sidelines. Good Luck everyone! :weird:

Nikki, I didn't get the feeling you were "biting off heads" in your post. We all filter what we read through our unique set of emotional filters, and occasionally we're going to bump heads a bit.

What I like about this group is that we are all very diverse and yet are able to work toward a long term goal, helping and encouraging each other. Not having you as an active part of this group would diminish the journey just a bit for me.

Please take a little time to make sure that your decision is the one you feel is best for you.

Misunderstandings and disagreements don't mean that we have to end relationships and connections.

***HUGS***

ladysaraii so coffee and tea rinses are good for shedding, what exactly is the purpose of the treatment? I keep hearing about tea rinses, thanks

Hey, sorry, just now noticed this.

Apparently coffee and tea rinses are good to help decrease shedding. Since I've been having a bit of a shedding issue, I want to give it a try to see how well it works for me.

HTH

Nikki, I didn't get the feeling you were "biting off heads" in your post. We all filter what we read through our unique set of emotional filters, and occasionally we're going to bump heads a bit.

What I like about this group is that we are all very diverse and yet are able to work toward a long term goal, helping and encouraging each other. Not having you as an active part of this group would diminish the journey just a bit for me.

Please take a little time to make sure that your decision is the one you feel is best for you.

Misunderstandings and disagreements don't mean that we have to end relationships and connections.

***HUGS***

You're very sweet and understanding, but I don't want things I say or how I take things to affect anyone else in here b/c it seems like it has.

Back