Waist Length 2012 Challenge

^^how do you get the garlic in there??

I use a squeeze bottle that used to hold agave so it has a fairly large nozzle and twist off cap. The opening of the bottle is large enough for mushed cloves.

If I can remeber to post a picture of it tonight I will. It may not happen until after I move but I won't forget.

I'm so happy I took my weave out. With just the braids now, I can access my hair and scalp much easier. Cowashing today felt AMAZING as always! :yep:

I'm so happy I took my weave out. With just the braids now, I can access my hair and scalp much easier. Cowashing today felt AMAZING as always! :yep:

Are you going to do another install or wear your braids for a bit? I love hearing about/seeing your pictures. It's almost like I'm rocking a fly with right along with you.

I can't wait to see your pic's in Jan.

I'm debating. I'll see how things go when I take the braids out when I originally was gonna take it all out-Oct. 16th. I'm either gonna get a new install done and wear it until December or keep rockin the braids under my LF wigs. I'm gonna go for a straighter weave if I do get the install done though. that curly mess was just too much maintenance for me. Granted it was super cute, but not worth the tangles or matting.

Next week getting a trim n cellophane at.the shop... I kinda want to cut to APL these bad ends... ill just decide on the 24th

Hey ladies. Just wanted to come in and say hi. I never check in here because I feel like my natural hair is SOOOOOOO far from WL and its growing so slow. It'll be a dream if it will reach WL....so I never have much to say lol Hope you ladies are doing well!

Nothing New to report, :nono: just bunning away until my next relaxer date (Nov. 22nd)
In the meantime, i'm seriously thinking about rockin a braided mo-hawk :scratchch:.............*contemplates*

trust me Femme....you are not alone! This is a far stretch for me- all hair or natural hair. I'm SL(not really claiming it yet) and I know there's no way on Earth I'll make it to WL in 2 years lol

Dlisha, is bunning working better for retention? I would like to try it.
Nikki, 2 years is 24 months. A lot can happen in that time :)
Nothing much going on with me. Just wigging it, co-washing, DC, moisturizing.

Dlisha, is bunning working better for retention? I would like to try it.
Nikki, 2 years is 24 months. A lot can happen in that time :)
Nothing much going on with me. Just wigging it, co-washing, DC, moisturizing.

:yep:, i'd definitely say bunning is great for retention (from MY experience)
Since I don't know how to really "do" my hair like that...I find it ideal since it's simple/e-z, low manipulation, and protects my ends well throughout my day :yep:

And if you don't like the bland, traditional bun, you can always check out some YT tutorials/purchase some accessories to help fancy it up
HTH!

StaSoFro (Or however you write the brand) is my best friend right now!

I'm in twists until the end of the week, then my best friend is gonna rollerset my hair... We'll see how this hair experiment turns out... I'll take pictures so folks can see anyway :)

AHHHHH so hard to make a decision for hair, I think I will just get a weave, already made an app tomorrow and bought the hair.... will be leaving it in for three months then I will get a trim and hopefully I will be an inch past BSL....

I was going to just get it straightened but my hair lady is pretty booked.... even over a week in advance dannngggg

Ok NikkiQ, make sure you don't make a birthday edition of "Hair Girls Gone Wild". Just kidding, I hope you have an amazing birthday celebration.

Iman, I can't to see the pictures. Are you using the Staysoftfro as your moisturizer?

Singbrina, don't forget to post pictures of your new weave. I hope that you achieve the length you're looking for.

BKfinest ~ Welcome to the group. Seeing as the challenge completion date is so far out I don't think your joining is going to be an issue. Looking forward to seeing your starting information and having you as a part of the madness that is a HHJ.

So I styled my hair in this cute banna clip style today for work :yep:
such a relief to get away 4rm the dreaded "BUN"...at least for today :yep:

Ok NikkiQ, make sure you don't make a birthday edition of "Hair Girls Gone Wild". Just kidding, I hope you have an amazing birthday celebration.

Iman, I can't to see the pictures. Are you using the Staysoftfro as your moisturizer?

Singbrina, don't forget to post pictures of your new weave. I hope that you achieve the length you're looking for.

BKfinest ~ Welcome to the group. Seeing as the challenge completion date is so far out I don't think your joining is going to be an issue. Looking forward to seeing your starting information and having you as a part of the madness that is a HHJ.

Thank you Bigmommah.... I will post all my info tonight...I'm so excited!!!!!!

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Hello everybody. Please tell me why did I straighten my hair. I guess I was just kind of bored with my hair but I will be going back to my wigs. I am going to get my wig dyed and relaxed so this will be year number 2 with my wig and I am excited to see how my wig turns out. Extension Plus is the truth I'm sure that I will not be going to any other hair besides them before I stop wearing hair.

I see everyone is doing fine. Also, I went to an indian store and bought some alma oil and some vatika oil. SO EXCITING!!! I would like to dabble into cassia also. We will see.

I miss you guys. Next month I will be back as usual due to my move.

Soldierforhair

Soldier it's nice to "see" you!

With our move coming up so quickly I may attempt to french braid my entire head to see if it will last a week. Seeing as I've never done it before, I should know by the 3rd of 4th braid if I'm going to be able to do it. If not I'll probably bun for the next week. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Henna'd my hair on Friday and my hair is feeling great! So glad to be rid of the inch and a half of grey hair.... so not cute.

Back