Waist Length 2012 Challenge

And remembering when u was wearing sew ins I forgot all about my hair because I wore sew ins back to back for a year . So it does work definitely!

I am soooo in this challenge. I used to be a product junkie like heavy but i'm almost done with giving alot of them away. I can't wait to be "sasha fierce" with my real hair lol...

100_4019-1.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was just me Nikki I'm glad I have you guys to talk to about it though. I'm thinking back and I think before I thought about my hair but mainly left everything up to my stylist. Which is definitely a no no in my book now.

I thought it was just me Nikki I'm glad I have you guys to talk to about it though. I'm thinking back and I think before I thought about my hair but mainly left everything up to my stylist. Which is definitely a no no in my book now.

I think back in 2008 I was going to a stylist almost every month for a relaxer or something. Total waste of money. My hair looked okay, but it didn't grow a lick and she could never do what I wanted her to do with my hair. And now here I am taking care of my own hair and its doing so much better than when she did it. Man I should've decided to transition a LONG time ago!

So what do you all do to keep your mind off your hair because lately all I have been thinking about is my hair:

I work out and I'm also a gamer and guild leader so that takes up a lot of time. I write as well and I'm launching my own business while taking a few courses on subjects that interest me/can make me a little moola.

Although I'd be lying if I said that I don't think about my hair several times per day.:grin:

:grin:I have a quick question regarding our starting pictures. Was I supposed to straighten my hair before I took the picture? My pic is of a rollerset on large rollers. Since joining this challenge I've been reading other challenge threads and I want to be doing it right!

:grin:I have a quick question regarding our starting pictures. Was I supposed to straighten my hair before I took the picture? My pic is of a rollerset on large rollers. Since joining this challenge I've been reading other challenge threads and I want to be doing it right!

When December comes and it is time for our update I am going to start an update pictures thread so we can see our progress from June 2010 to December 2012 and throughout. The picture is to show progress, no your hair does not have to be straightened lady. Hope this helps.

Soooo... I had senegalese twists put in yesterday. I needed a break from my regime. : ) I'll take pics when I get off work. They are cute too!

ladies...........i'm getting bored with my buns
what other PS's would you recommend for a 4a/B at 10weeks post?

Have you thought about flat twists D. Lisha? There is a thread up that showcases some really nice styles.

you know? I have attempted it once as I followed along with some youtube tutorial (sadly I don't how to braid, let alone flat twist! :rolleyes: lol)
i will definately check that thread out though:yep:, thanks for that Bigmommah!

hi5!

D Lisha first off Stop SHOWING OFF, I see you do graphics with your fancy siggy LOL :D

Second I love your progress (including the word in your siggy, may come to you for fancy stuff :D )

Have you tried the spin pins, doing double buns, Phony Ponies, I wig it/ Lace fronts/ Half wigs are easy just twist up the back in a pin and pop it on and mesh in your front.

HOw about french rolls, Fake Buns are out there too :D

Random Annoucement:
I just ordered me some Mega-Tek ladies!:yay:
Now for my question:
How do yall use it?

Also, I will be adding this to a regimen that already contains:

• -Care-Free Curl
    -JBCO
    -Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion (almost done with it though...going to try HE LTR)
    -Organic Root Stimulator Deep Conditioner

would you say this is too much protein? :perplexed

D Lisha first off Stop SHOWING OFF, I see you do graphics with your fancy siggy LOL :D

Second I love your progress (including the word in your siggy, may come to you for fancy stuff :D )

Have you tried the spin pins, doing double buns, Phony Ponies, I wig it/ Lace fronts/ Half wigs are easy just twist up the back in a pin and pop it on and mesh in your front.

HOw about french rolls, Fake Buns are out there too :D

:lachen:lmao @ the Bolded! who me? show off? NEVER :look: (hehehe :grin:)

And i'm down with the phony ponies! (that's probably about ALL I can do on my own lol)

And this may be a dumb question but....what are "spin pins"?
Are they closely related to "pin curls"?:ohwell: (i've never been the type to "do" my hair so trying out alla these cute styles is new to me! lol bear with me chick)

^^^How long do you plan on keeping them in?

Not sure. The stylist and my friends all say they should last 2-3 months. I don't know how long I will last. This is a first for me. The last time I added hair was in high school when I had my Queen Patra style! :lachen:

I really like this style though. :yep:

Sally Sells them ( or use to)

Ebay has the sellers that sell like 10 for $20 :yep:

I got both the 10 and the 2 from sally's :D

I ordered the trio from Goody for $20 and I have a set of SPin pins I bougth about 2-3 weeks ago :D I am SOOOO excited I can't wait to use them, I will get a second from Goody with the set. I am dying to try the pony clip, comb and updo thing and pins LOL all of them.

Back