Waist Length 2012 Challenge

I guess I came at the right time to see you ladies get violent again :lachen: LOL

:kick:

No no violence from me. Just encouragement:lachen:......:rolleyes:....cause I just saw a fellow WL in 2010 chica in here tryna act like its gonna take her 2 years:yawn:

Butterum...I'm gonna go ahead and assume that she made a mistake and came in here and thought it was '10? Am I right BELLDANDY?!!:lachen:

You know ladies I was thinking about all those hair magazines I used to buy and go nowhere near the amount of information that I get from LHCF. I'm so glad that's over.

I actually use to just buy them for the styles. I've ALWAYS felt the info in some of those books were way off.:nono:

I steep a pot of black tea, let it cool and pour it over my freshly cowashed/ shampooed hair. I let it set for 30-60 minutes. Then I put a moisturizing conditioner on top of that and let it set for another 30-60 minutes. Then rinse and air dry.

The tea acts like a protein, making my hair feel really strong. It's said that the caffeine is good for growth also. If you need more info on methods or kinds of tea other ladies use, you can search tea rinse.

I need to try a new protective style or something this week. I want to do something.... like twist my hair back and untwist with a lot of curls, something... or braid it back and undue in the born with waves.... any ideas???? hmmmm :/

I need to try a new protective style or something this week. I want to do something.... like twist my hair back and untwist with a lot of curls, something... or braid it back and undue in the born with waves.... any ideas???? hmmmm :/

I just stalked your fotki. Gorgeous hair! :love4: I can't wait till I gain the thickness you have down the entire length of my hair..

What have you tried so far besides a wet bun? Do you want waves or curls?

Thanks IQ I never even heard of that before. I'm definitely going to look into it. I can't believe I have been protective styling in this wig for 9 months. Whew! I am going to try sew ins next year.

D.Lisha I'm really interested to hear about your use of JBCO. I won't buy any until I use up all of the oils I just bought but my inner product junkie would like to add it to my list I think.

Mrs IQ hip length sounds cool to me too. I don't know if I'll ever set that as a goal but hey who's to say I won't.

Maxandsally I think your hair is lovely.

Celina, your up-do is gorgeous. I'll be looking you up when I have lot's of long lovely hair and want tips on something besides the single braid I plan to wear draped over my shoulder like a mink stole.

Belldandy I love your hair. The thickness reminds me of mine and the fact that you can get it to look so nice encourages me to think that with proper care I won't end up looking like I'm rocking Diana Ross's old wig.

My hair survived the co-wash in twists but I can tell that in the future I'll have to make sure my twists are tighter so that they stay defined and neat looking while up.

Have a great night!

Aye Bigmommah :)!!
Well, I've only been using it for less than a week....but I will admit two things:
-It is VERY thick!!! I dnt c how other women can apply it to their hair straight w/o diluting it with some other kind of oil! But for me? I like to mix it with my HOT SIX oil and apply it to my scalp, then proceed to massage it...it feels soooooo good :lick:

-Also, It does make your hair really soft....i'm currently 8 weeks post and it does make my new-growth/jungle much softer and easier to manage :yep:

So overall i'd say, so far so good :up:, i'd definately recommend that you add it to ur PJ list! lol

I just stalked your fotki. Gorgeous hair! :love4: I can't wait till I gain the thickness you have down the entire length of my hair..

Hey thanks girl!!! yeah but i noticed a few weeks ago i have layers, the hair lady must have made them when she streaked my hair a while back and it broke off. I will be getting back to you soon! :)

Both sound nice, I want to do a style so my hair looks like a 3c all over and also waves sometimes too! you got some ideas!?

Have you tried really small curlformers or perm rods? I used to get that 3C look back in college when I did small bantu knots all over and it would last for DAYS!

Have you tried really small curlformers or perm rods? I used to get that 3C look back in college when I did small bantu knots all over and it would last for DAYS!

Really? the bantu knots look hard and time consuming? how would they last? and i never heard of curlformers

^^with your hair being as long as it is, it may take some time to twist and a long time to dry but I think it would be a really cute style for you to try eventually. They basically last as long as a braid out or twist out-until you wash it out.Sally's has the curlformers in different sizes. They have them on the website if you wanna check them out.

I'll be watching this thread. I'm getting a touch up tomorrow so I can post my starting pic and determine whether WL is realistic by 2011 or 2012. I've never been WL before so I would rather give myself more time. I was MBL for a brief moment before an evil so called stylist chopped my hair off!!!! :mad:

I could be wrong, but I believe her avi photo is an older one. I remember recently reading that she got ganked by some SHS. Correct me if I am wrong, Butterfly08.

Checking in: I'm DCing on dry hair right now with SE Mega Cholesterol (I think that's what its called). It's been in since about 4 oclock, don't know when I will wash it out. It felt very good going on, seems like I'll like it alot. But I dont like the ingredients and I've already found my staple products. I'll probably use this up (probably has about...whoo maybe 15-20 uses left in there) but won't repurchase. Guess I won't be finished with this product til the end of the year. Oh well. At least it's not a bad product......

^^^I have the cholesterol(along with the shampoo and conditioner) and I love it. Heck I love the whole line. I just bought the moisturizing treatment yesterday lol. It just leaves your hair so silky and really does make my hair a bit stronger. Not as much breakage or shedding anymore :yep:

Yeah the megasilk moisurizing conditioner is the bomb! I tried that one a few months back. So I've only tried that, the mega cholesterol, and the hair mayonnaise which I hated! So you don't use any protein products? Or do you use the hair mayonnaise or the olive oil one?

Yeah the megasilk moisurizing conditioner is the bomb! I tried that one a few months back. So I've only tried that, the mega cholesterol, and the hair mayonnaise which I hated! So you don't use any protein products? Or do you use the hair mayonnaise or the olive oil one?

Nope...no protein products for me. Only staple I have that contains proteins is my Insusium. Sad huh? lol

It's not sad lol I think it's great if your hair doesn't need it. Plus the mega cholesterol has silk amino acids so thats a little bit of protein. The only protein I've been using for the past few months is Lekair. I haven't felt the need to use any protein treatments but I will this fall when I start straightening more often.

^^with your hair being as long as it is, it may take some time to twist and a long time to dry but I think it would be a really cute style for you to try eventually. They basically last as long as a braid out or twist out-until you wash it out.Sally's has the curlformers in different sizes. They have them on the website if you wanna check them out.

Awwwww your the "bestest!!" lololol i will do that now, go check it out that is!!! wooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :grin:

So I made a twisted ponytail (I am wearing a banana clip to make it look fuller) for my protective, a new one. I will need better moisture next time so my hair stays soft and shiny.... here some pics... Also my hair is not brushed back good here, I just threw it up in the banana holder to see how it looked.

DSC04393-vi.jpg

DSC04395-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back