Vote for YOUR flatiron and post a review!!!

Which flat iron has given you the BEST results?

• Maxiglide

Votes: 128 22.8%
  • CHI

Votes: 122 21.7%
  • FHI

Votes: 78 13.9%
  • T3

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Sedu

Votes: 88 15.7%
  • Other ceramic iron (please list)

Votes: 83 14.8%
  • Other tourmaline iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Other iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
I have brain overload :perplexed..... more clueless now than before I came in this thread. Going crazy over a flat iron decision:wallbash:

I have T3 Tourmaline and an FHI. I think I like the T3 better but I am still trying to decide....I guess I'm not much help...lol.

paradiseblossom said:
Wellllll.... I read all the posts :spinning: .... There are less comments about the FHI (to compare between the maxiglide and the CHI) but 100% positive comments except for the defective one... In other words, I see that FHI users are the most happy ones! I also definetly wanted tourmaline in my
flat iron.

So I'm gon' get myself a FHI :D !!!

Thanks for all the great reviews!

I totally agree!! I will be purchasing an FHI, don't know how soon though. I might get one for my mother for Christmas (she's a cosmetologist:D )

ETA: Tetbelle, your sons are adorable!!!

Well I think anyone thinking about purchasing a flat iron (including myself) should wait until the new maxiglide comes out early next year (according to the company). It just may be a completely transformed product. I was going to put a flat iron on my Christmas list but I can't bring myself to but one know that a better one MAY be out soon.

I am thinking that FHI and Maxiglide are the winners, according to the resopnses. I know I'm getting a FHI, and if MG comes out with the new model, I'll get that one also.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:clapping:

I bought a chi for my daughter a while, but it's really not doing as well I thought it would. I was thinking of now buying the maxiglide...but did not want to spend more big bucks on a product that would end up under the sink.

Did I say thank you:)

Well I saw all the responses. I am a 4a/b natural and I have owned a Jilbere, CHI, and a Sedu...but nothing and I mean NOTHING has ever compared to the MAXIGLIDE! It gets my hair bone straight. I was running around my bathroom giggling with joy over my new MG. My SO couldn't believe my results. I used the Sedu to bump my ends, because I'm still new to the MG. But that MG got my hair bone straight with body.

If I had it to do all over again I would by the Maxi, Mini and next year's new MG. (laughs)

If you are a natural (thick, coarse, kinky like me) who doesn't want to misuse heat but wants straight, shaky hair after using the flat iron...YOU MUST buy the Maxiglide. (runs away to go hug her Maxiglide)

Honestly, I almost feel sorry for those that have only ever tried OTHER flatirons. I feel like some of my LHCF buddies are missing out.

Last edited:
I have the Sedu and I really like it. I don't use it as much now that I rollerset mostly, but when I want to go straight it still gives me the performance with no snags. I own the 1 and 1/2 inch wide iron but I wish I had the 1 inch.

I voted for the Maxi. I have only used it twice this year BUT I luuuv that thang!!! :yay: I only used it twice on myself mind u - if you stop by my house long enuff - I'll use it. :thumbsup: I have used it on my Mom, sister, daugher, cousins (3) AND my nephew (natural -sl). Whenever they come by - my first question is : Can I Maxi ur hair? :grin:

I had to vote for my beloved Maxiglide...IVe never gotten smoother, softer results with any other iron, the steam is to die for and it straightens WEEKS of new growth!

I use one by philips, it's really amazing. It can heat up to about 320° F and it really gives me a sleek look. I've only used it once since my natural journey, but I'm always blown away by the results.

Attachments

• flat-iron.jpg
    flat-iron.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 9
I voted 'other' I picked up a Jilbere de Paris Tourmaline 1inch flat iron 3 weeks ago for $50 and it's worth EVERY Penny! Ladies, before you go and buy a $$$ expensive iron, try the Sally's Generic or Jilbere de Paris first! THis iron gets my hair Straight it looks like I have a fresh perm and best of all my hair feels soft not dry and brittle afterwards.

ETA: It goes up to 450 degrees, gets super hot fast!

Alli77 said:
I voted 'other' I picked up a Jilbere de Paris Tourmaline 1inch flat iron 3 weeks ago for $50 and it's worth EVERY Penny! Ladies, before you go and buy a $$$ expensive iron, try the Sally's Generic or Jilbere de Paris first! THis iron gets my hair Straight it looks like I have a fresh perm and best of all my hair feels soft not dry and brittle afterwards.

I keep looking at these when I go into Sally's. I may try this route first.

I have this one...It's nice, but I'm seriously considering the Solia b/c of the way it's constructed.

Alli77 said:

Last edited:
most DEFINITELY FHI!!! loves it! ;)
i used CHI and was in love but then i met FHI and it totally blew me away!!! leaves hair silky and smooth. my hair was light and bouncy like when i leave the salon. (oh, actually my stylist uses it too :lol: ) but i absolutely love FHI.
after you use it, you wont think about a relaxer.

I've gone through this entire thread, but I'm not sure what I want (big suprise). I would go with the maxiglide, but I'm only interested in a small 1inch iron for my roots only.

I do have a question...I didn't see anything about the ION flatirons they have at Sally's. Are these actually good at protected from heat damage? I was talking to a salesperson at Sally's and she recommended an ION conditioning iron? They're also about $90.

What do you think?

I've never used the ION iron but I think the Chi is small enough to hit your roots....

OneInAMillion said:
I've gone through this entire thread, but I'm not sure what I want (big suprise). I would go with the maxiglide, but I'm only interested in a small 1inch iron for my roots only.

I do have a question...I didn't see anything about the ION flatirons they have at Sally's. Are these actually good at protected from heat damage? I was talking to a salesperson at Sally's and she recommended an ION conditioning iron? They're also about $90.

What do you think?

OneInAMillion said:

What do you think?
Maxiglide has a miniglide but it doesn't have the steam burst.

Sistaslick said:
:lol: :lachen:

oh yeah, lemme finish my sales pitch then :lachen: I forgot to mention how the iron heats up to maximum heat in less than 5 seconds-- there in NO WAIT time ladies!:D Not like those other irons you heat up and walk away to do something else b/c it needs to get ready:lol: It repels humidity so your flat ironing will last for days.

The plates heat evenly and are full ceramic plates-- not ceramic coated. Lightweight, available in a large range of plate sizes to suit your individual needs, adjustable heat settings, cool red plates . . . Marvelous design...:grin: All the FHI owners I know are proud of their irons! Never heard of an unhappy customer or complaint with this one.;)

Fhi... Fhi.... Fhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii:drool:

Okay, time for bed.:lol:

where can I purchase this flatiron?

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
where can I purchase this flatiron?

I purchased my FHI from Ulta's. I love that thing, I used to own an Ultra CHI but I wanted an iron where I could control the temp. Now, I want a bigger FHI! I have a 1 inch FHI Platform.

OneInAMillion said:

What do you think?

I also own an ION, I think it's a 2 inch. I like how it straightened my hair but the little always snagged my hair. The smaller 1 inch ones don't have these teeth though. I purchased my ION about 4 years ago so they may not even make them w/ the teeth anymore. I know they now have different models of this iron. It's a very good iron, but w/o the little teeth.

I bought a FHI flat iron from folica.com,thank you sistaslick! I'm 7 weeks post, I deep conditioned with a mix of dominican conditioners, lacio lacio leave in, redken heat glide, rollersetted and then flat ironed my hair, added some Lo'real smooth serum for shine.It is shoulder length. I loved the FHI, will have to perfect my technique, I still have volume from the rolllerset,would like it to be flatter, I'm going to wrap it tonight.

Attachments

• DSCF2401.JPG
    DSCF2401.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF2403.JPG
    DSCF2403.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
FHI:yay::yay:. Its the absolute best. My hair is always silky and shiney. My niece has very coarse hair and when I finish with her it looks like she had a touch up. Great!

Back