Vote for YOUR flatiron and post a review!!!

Which flat iron has given you the BEST results?

• Maxiglide

Votes: 128 22.8%
  • CHI

Votes: 122 21.7%
  • FHI

Votes: 78 13.9%
  • T3

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Sedu

Votes: 88 15.7%
  • Other ceramic iron (please list)

Votes: 83 14.8%
  • Other tourmaline iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Other iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
secretdiamond said:
Bumping for a response.........

I bought my Maxiglide at Bed Bath and Beyond and it came with a CD. I also bought a miniglide but returned it because it didn't have a temp control. I don't use the steam burst but I do use the iron on 6 and my hair gets very silky in one pass.

caligirl said:
I bought my Maxiglide at Bed Bath and Beyond and it came with a CD. I also bought a miniglide but returned it because it didn't have a temp control. I don't use the steam burst but I do use the iron on 6 and my hair gets very silky in one pass.

Thank you Caligirl. I appreciate it. ;)

ETA: I finally decided and ordered the Maxi (which I was leaning towards anyway). Oh and I bought some steam rollers, but the vidal ones--- it was half the price of the Carusos. Hopefully they work as well. (fingers crossed)

Last edited:
I have tried the Unil, T3 wet or dry iron, and maxiglide personally. I really like the Unil and Maxiglide. The T3 was junk. It was the most expensive of all the irons and virtually had no affect on my hair. I also have the Miniglide, but I'm afraid to try it due to lack of a temp control. Has anyone had sucess with it? I have two hairdressers. One uses FHI and swears by it. The other has the HAI and won't use any other brand. My hair always turns out nice regardless. I have found that what works well for some, may not yield the same results for others. Unfortunately, trial and error is the only way to know for sure. Same holds true for products.

I voted for the sedu. The Sedu is my BABY.
I have 4a/b hair and I have used: Chi, Hot Tool, and Ceramic Pro and they just don't cut it like my sedu. I am buying the T3 iron this weekend and I'll post a review once I use it.

bumping because I found this thread helpful, and I'm sure there are others who can contribute...or updates from those who recently made purchases!

I bought a Solia. I like it so far, but I don't really notice a difference between this and my $40 Helen of Troy I got from Sally's. Both work well. I'm happy with my purchase.

so i have about 5 diff flat irons at home the lastest is a chi iron i recently ordered. now honestly i cant say it made my hair any straighter but what i did notice is that its silkier, softer, an the striagtness seems to last alot lot longer.

Sad to say, I still haven't purchased an iron...but not b/c I can't decide. (I'm going w/ the Maxiglide...and I'll probably get a Sedu/FHI to supplement.) I just haven't been near a BB&B to dash in and pick one up. Guess I'll have to make a point to go this week.

i got a maxiglide and i like it so far. the heat setting was on 2 though so maybe next time, ill try 5. im a natural and i dont want heat damage. i also have a miniglide but im also scared of trying it because one cant control the heat. does anyone know if the steam burst of the maxiglide will make a difference. havent tried it yet

caligirl said:

Just left bbb w/a maxiglide.... pulled out a coupon from around 1986 for the 20% discount :wink2:

Just finished a rollerset - will flat iron in the morning. I am so excited!!

I vote Maxiglide hands down!! It's so easy to use and it gets my natural hair bone straight. It stays straight until I wash it out, and it really gets those ends!

I said other. I use this http://www.fabaocanada.com/hair_styling/giesel_digital_hair_straightener.htm

giesel_flat_iron.jpg

It's an ionic flatiron w/ ceramic plates

For me it was the Maxiglide. I am natural and it gives the appearance that I relaxed my hair and used the heat of the stove. I use the steam and that seems to help glide my hair through the iron...it may look bulky but it does an awesome job hands down.

Ok, now I see what all the fuss was about...I got a Maxiglide this weekend, and I love it!!! The size does take some getting used to, but the results are totally worth it. I think I need more practice with getting the right combo of products to produce the shine and straightness I want, but I'm VERY pleased with my purchase.

I can see myself turning to MG for years for my straight styles! :up:

I love my sedu iron!! i makes my hair so silky with great shine. plus it is so light weight. It's the best iron that i have used so far.

Right now I use the CHI 1", and I looooove it. However, I am looking into getting a really small flat iron, and I am considering the Sedu. Any Sedu users, please tell me more!

I'm also looking at the MaxiGlide, but I don't like the idea of comb teeth running through my hair as I flat iron. How do you maxigliders avoid the teeth damaging your hair? Thanks!

cocoberry10 said:
I'm also looking at the MaxiGlide, but I don't like the idea of comb teeth running through my hair as I flat iron. How do you maxigliders avoid the teeth damaging your hair? Thanks!
The teeth don't bother my hair at all. I think they're wonderful. They make the ends of your hair so straight, like your hair is naturally straight or something. Just make sure your hair is free of tangles before you glide the iron through. I usually comb the section, pull it taught and then glide the iron down.

I have the Maxiglide. It had straightened my hair very nice, but after two hours my hair was a frizzball again. The miniglide also did nothing for my roots.

Cooyah said:
i'm cheap so i bought the sally's generic CHI iron. works great.

I know this is bad but I may buy it and try it out. If it does not work then, hey, I'll return it.

I am so confused. I have narrowed it down between the CHI or the Maxiglide.

I bought the FHI that works beautifully in the salon - but at home... my hair was a poofy mess. I am sure it was my skills and not the flat iron though...

Well this was a waste of time wasn't it???? :lol: I have read this ENTIRE thread and still don't know what to get. Maxiglide or Sedu? Decisions decisions. I'm a 4a or 4b with short hair (2-4 inches). Does the Sedu get the ruut (root)..lol? The maxiglide? Whichever one can get these thick nappy roots and straighten everything else is the one I will get. So, can someone from team Sedu and team Maxiglide give me feedback on if their product gets 4a / 4b nappy roots straight?

PS, I voted "other". I have a corioliss ceramic flat iron that does a really good job but I can't catch my roots like I need (I'm sure you guessed that though right??). :p

*Bre~Bre* said:
Well this was a waste of time wasn't it???? :lol: I have read this ENTIRE thread and still don't know what to get. Maxiglide or Sedu? Decisions decisions. I'm a 4a or 4b with short hair (2-4 inches). Does the Sedu get the ruut (root)..lol? The maxiglide? Whichever one can get these thick nappy roots and straighten everything else is the one I will get. So, can someone from team Sedu and team Maxiglide give me feedback on if their product gets 4a / 4b nappy roots straight?

PS, I voted "other". I have a corioliss ceramic flat iron that does a really good job but I can't catch my roots like I need (I'm sure you guessed that though right??). :p

If you are looking for something to get the root then whatever you get make sure it is 1/2 inch or the 1inch, The 1 1/1 and 2 inch irons will not get the root as straight no matter how good the iron is. I like the Sedu because it makes my hair straight, shiny and healthy looking. Can't comment on the Maxiglide because I 've never tried it.

Wow, what a long thread! I read each post and I guess I'm with Chocokitty on this one. My vote and prefernce goes to Tourmaline Wet to Dry (1 3/4"). I purchased this just over one year ago and have been in love with it from the first time it slipped right through my wet/towel dried hair!:p I haven't seen many ladies posting about the wet to dry irons???

It saves so much time eliminates the air drying or blow frying step, and you can dry and style at the same time. No damage, snagging, burning, or poofy hair. Just silky straight or curls whatever you want.:D

I think that since you start with damp, wet hair (not dripping wet) you can get that sleek look a lot easier. Instead of going from dry poofy, frizzy hair to straight, you start with wet hair, which is more usually limp and smooth, then you only have to dry while you style- easy!

I also have the T3 doomed iron- makes curling even easier, but its a little smaller than what I'd like (3/4"). My dream is a T3,wet to dry 1 1/2" doomed version. Remington makes one, but I'm afraid totrust the quality of their products.

Cooyah said:
i'm cheap so i bought the sally's generic CHI iron. works great.
I bought this same flat-iron over the weekend. I love love love it! It replaced my old flat-iron and curling iron.

*Bre~Bre* said:

I have used the maxiglide and yes it does get the roots and ends very straight. The FHI got my roots very straight, but not my ends. To be honest, I would have to say my hair was straighter and sleeker with the MG, but the FHI gives more shine. I ended up returning the MG (purchased from Bed Bath & Beyond) and getting the FHI - and I am determined to figure out how to use it.

Back