My DivaSmooth Review (Relaxed, 10wks post, w/ PICS & a LONG review)

I never used the Diva Smooth, by the time it arrived I was already using Mizani's Thermasmooth and was pleased. One of my friends purchased it from me and reports she was not pleased with the results and it made no difference in her hair texture while she was 12 weeks post relaxer. I was hoping for a better report from her - we've been exchanging ideas, products, stylist, etc., for years so I know her to be a very reliable source.

I never used the Diva Smooth, by the time it arrived I was already using Mizani's Thermasmooth and was pleased. One of my friends purchased it from me and reports she was not pleased with the results and it made no difference in her hair texture while she was 12 weeks post relaxer. I was hoping for a better report from her - we've been exchanging ideas, products, stylist, etc., for years so I know her to be a very reliable source.

Interesting. I've never tried Mizani Thermasmooth.

I don't think Diva Smooth claims to change hair texture; the company seems to emphasize that it doesn't change your texture.

Interesting. I've never tried Mizani Thermasmooth.

I don't think Diva Smooth claims to change hair texture; the company seems to emphasize that it doesn't change your texture.

Correction - my friend said she experienced no notable or noticeable difference in her hair in terms of being softer or easier to manage after applying DivaSmooth.

Correction - my friend said she experienced no notable or noticeable difference in her hair in terms of being softer or easier to manage after applying DivaSmooth.

Oh, I see!

I might try Mizani Thermasmooth. A lot of people have said good things about it and I'm on another stretch.

I decided not to repurchase Diva Smooth because of the price and the fact that with it being a natural product, it doesn't have a very long shelf life. After I relaxed, I went back to use it for another stretch and the honey had become, um, sugary - maybe it got too warm in my room?

Oh, I see!

I might try Mizani Thermasmooth. A lot of people have said good things about it and I'm on another stretch.

I decided not to repurchase Diva Smooth because of the price and the fact that with it being a natural product, it doesn't have a very long shelf life. After I relaxed, I went back to use it for another stretch and the honey had become, um, sugary - maybe it got too warm in my room?

Well, it is a honey base............ so - popping the bottle into hot water will get it liquid again.

I am a firm believer that you can make this at home.....
So - no need to pay 40 bucks for honey.

Well, it is a honey base............ so - popping the bottle into hot water will get it liquid again.

I am a firm believer that you can make this at home.....
So - no need to pay 40 bucks for honey.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I haven't thrown it out yet, so I can try the hot water.

When I get back home to the DMV, I am going to try pre-pooing with plain old honey, as well as going back to home steam treatments, before I go out buying any more expensive products.

I've been lurking in the steam treatment & mixology threads! I used to use the towel method for steam treatments, and I don't know why I stopped.

Oh, I see!

Thermasmooth was EXCELLENT! My new growth looked, felt and managed like relaxed hair. I have no relaxed hair left but have been in braids for the past 14 weeks and will take them out the last week in September. I'm going to give Thermasmooth a try then to see how I manage for the two days or so before I get my hair braided again. The only con was when I worked out, it did revert and I'd have to do all over again. Since I work out 3-5 times weekly and don't have the time to do a complete 4 step time consuming process on my hair it will be my "special" solution for those times I want a pressed/relaxed style.

Good luck to you with the it!

I think my hair is just weird, just very picky. It just left my hair extremely dry. I actually tried it twice. Same results as the first time. Very dry hair after removing the product.

I find that it depends on the method you use to straighten your hair. I used the GNH dryer on some of my forehead hairs briefly before going to my hair salon recently. Hair looked somewhat stretched however very dry. I reapplied product knowing that I would have it done 1 hour later. When my hairstylist blow dried & flat ironed using Morrocan Oil first before adding the Coconut serum, my hair was very soft. She then put the serum and she was equally amazed at the shine and softness. I truly believe it's a matter of technique used when drying. She used medium heat and then cool. My hair was very soft hours later.

Back