Twist for Growth Challenge (Fall 2011)

Whats up with you and the dots @pookaloo83? .... :look:

LOL its the suspense ... du du du dooooooom:lachen:

Took my twists down last night. Woke up, shampoo'd, deep conditioned, and re-twisted while watching youtube videos.

Here are some pictures of what my twists looked like untwisted. I like it, very defined. If I was to wear it out I wouldn't separate and fluff. I don't look good with too much volume.

IMG_0463.jpg

sooooooooooooooooo pretty :yep:
This is actually pretty close to my goal length with a twistout !!!

PYT those flat twists are so thick plump and pretty :lick:

I can't remember if this picture was posted already, but here is twistspiration for us all:

tumblr_lf6nfxqdjc1qbnp9r

Look at how thick her hair is!

Ladies, I have found my go-to twist style and it's oh so simple! It's very similar to a French braid style except it's twisted. I plan to wear my hair like this and spice it up each time (i.e. twisted and parted bang and two impromptu french braids (twists) going straight back). Ahh I have so many ideas! Weird, huh? But I love it! :D

Ladies, I have found my go-to twist style and it's oh so simple! It's very similar to a French braid style except it's twisted. I plan to wear my hair like this and spice it up each time (i.e. twisted and parted bang and two impromptu french braids (twists) going straight back). Ahh I have so many ideas! Weird, huh? But I love it! :D

Sounds fantastic. I use to wear my hair like that when I was younger. I still do on days where I need to put it up quick to run out the door but I plan on doing it later. White people love that style for some reason. I get so many compliments. They look at my hair with utter amazement. :lol:

Sounds great to me. Can't wait to hear some of these other ideas.

My twists are hanging very well. I will definitely make it through the week with them looking decently. I have been careful not to pull on them which makes them loose. I think doing them on damp hair with KCCC is really the right choice.

I will have to redo some over the weekend. And I will pull them back more next week to start stretching them out some for my twist out next weekend.

Definitely will try to do this again.

Sounds fantastic. I use to wear my hair like that when I was younger. I still do on days where I need to put it up quick to run out the door but I plan on doing it later. White people love that style for some reason. I get so many compliments. They look at my hair with utter amazement. :lol:

Sounds great to me. Can't wait to hear some of these other ideas.

Well, I'm sure you wore the style well! :yep: Lol oh do they? Haha that's interesting! :lol: I like the simplicity and cuteness of it, plus I'm a big-time hair accessory wearer so I can easily spice it up. I will for sure share any ideas I come up with and post pictures as well!

Hey Ladies... Can I still join? This is my first week wearing my natural hair out...so I am still not sure of how to properly do the styles i keep seing...but oh well... May i join? May I join? May I join? :)

Washed and retwisted Sunday using Donna Marie DCC, twist weren't crunchy at all nice soft hold :yep:

Attachments

• twist.jpg
    twist.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
tonight is a rinse & condition night. still keeping my twists w/ ends hidden away while i rinse. this weekend i will finally take my hair down for a cleanse and dc...lets see what 2 weeks straight of hidden ends does for me.

My hair is itching so bad and my scalp is dirty. I need to wash but I just haven't had time. Trying to hold out till Sunday.

Hey Ladies... Can I still join? This is my first week wearing my natural hair out...so I am still not sure of how to properly do the styles i keep seing...but oh well... May i join? May I join? May I join? :)

Welcome Poutchi. Hopefully you will learn a lot here.

Wow this looks beautiful and my hair is about that length. Would you mind saharing how many twists you did? and also did you separate them when you took them down? Thanks :)

Thanks!
Poutchi I think there were like 60 lil twists in my head. Roughly. And no I didn't separate them besides unraveling the twists themselves. At night I just take big sections and 2 strand twist them, put my bonnet on and go to bed. It will stay looking like this till wash day. But as the days go by it gets bigger.

Thanks!
@Poutchi I think there were like 60 lil twists in my head. Roughly. And no I didn't separate them besides unraveling the twists themselves. At night I just take big sections and 2 strand twist them, put my bonnet on and go to bed. It will stay looking like this till wash day. But as the days go by it gets bigger.
Thanks bunches :). When you did the original set of twist, was it on wet hair? what did you use to twist with? I am just drolling over how defined your twist out is :)

Hi Ladies,

I started twisting my hair on Sunday with the plan to finish them either Monday or Tuesday but that didn't happen. So, I've been wearing my hair in a bun with the front twisted and the back not twisted. It doesn't look too bad but it's definitely not an ideal hairstyle. The only plus is that my ends have been tucked away all week. Tonight I'm going to untwist, co-wash and re-twist my whole head. I'll be up late but I'm have plans this whole weekend so I have to finish them tonight.

faithVA I decided I will go to my stylist for a trim in 2 weeks after I take out this next set of twists. After that I'll put myself on a dusting schedule. :yep:

I'm still here ! sorry for not updating lately, i've been travelling, (not so far lol, Paris to London is not such a long way, but I was more shopping than LHCFing LOL)

Thanks bunches :). When you did the original set of twist, was it on wet hair? what did you use to twist with? I am just drolling over how defined your twist out is :)

Poutchi I did these twists on damp hair. I let it airdry a bit becasue when they're wet they shrink and are short.

I twist with Qhemets Twist butter that they just came out with. I love that stuff. :yep: I keep my twists in for 5-6 days sometimes a week, then rock it like this for a couple days before I retwist.

Stayed up till 4am finishing my twists this morning only to wake up this morning and decide I don't like them. I think I did them too small which explains why it took me twice the time to finish them this time. I planned to wear them for 2 weeks but we'll see...

Stayed up till 4am finishing my twists this morning only to wake up this morning and decide I don't like them. I think I did them too small which explains why it took me twice the time to finish them this time. I planned to wear them for 2 weeks but we'll see...

Maybe they will grow on you or you can just change the front somehow to give a different look.

My twists are hanging in there so I will wear them another week. My roots are soft and loose but they should hold for another week. Have been keeping them moisturized and sealed and they feel pretty good.

I'm glad not to have to do my hair this weekend and I have a feeling I won't want to do it next weekend either :lol:

Back