Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (7/1/2012 - 9/30/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey beauties! My ends started getting on my nerves so I just might ride the rest of the duration of these twists out in a bun. I think it's super cute and neat :) not to mention protective!

ForumRunner_20120814_171308.jpg
ForumRunner_20120814_171328.jpg

@Tibbar I love your hair, its gorgeous and thick and looks really soft!

@MsDee14 you are working that scarf...love it! Totally my style! I have a slight obsession...no matter how many I get, I always have my eye out for a pretty color or pattern I dont have...they are so cool bc its almost like no two are alike and they are all unique.

@MeowMix you do look cute in that pic you posted!

@NappyNelle...love the style pics you posted!

@isawstars....that is some amazing shrinkage!

Can somebody tell me why I wore my hair down today for the first time in weeks and it rebelled against me and wouldnt hold a style AT ALL???? Is there such a thing as being TOO SOFT? Its really soft and moisturized but so soft soft it wouldnt hold my braid n curl that was so cute when I left the house. By the time I got to work and got out of the car...I looked at my reflection in my car window and it was already a straight up afro, and not in a good way either...random straight puffy ends sticking out....not the bizness...:nono: lol. Any suggestions on how to make my styles hold? I used a little shea butter mixed with some talijah waajid curl cream to braid. Im going to try again tonight with the curl cream alone. Also, I did it on dry hair...wonder if wet hair may have gotten better and longer lasting definition????

If it was humid try a braided style or interesting up do. Without really hard gel my hair can't hold a style in high humidity. Good luck:yep:

Hey lovely ladies. Everyone's hair is looking great!

I had my hair out this past weekend and I just threw in some larger sized twists yesterday. They will stay pinned up as usual. I'm taking a mini-trip to NYC on Friday so I will re-do my twists on Thursday(so they look fresh), but will make them considerably smaller and A LOT more neat.
HHG ladies!

Attachments

• photo (71).JPG
    photo (71).JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
NappyNelle unraveling and such. Plus, I tried bantu knotting them the other night and the ends got all extra straight. That pushed me over the edge lol.

Im happy to announce I finally got a twist n curl to hold, and not only that, but I even got 2 day hair from it--wootwoot! LOL. :grin: So that was my two days of wearing my hair out for the week and tomorrow Ill probably try some kind of updo and default back to the bun if it fails lol.

I used shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie mixed with eco styler and it gave a touchable hold...love that combo! 1 part SMCES to 2 parts eco styler...its the bees knees! Just saying!

Ive been at work for the past 7 days straight for some reason or anothr, so Im worn out. Id like to retwist, but Im super tired and only have 2 days to recoop before 3 more 12's on...soooo I guess that will have to wait for another stretch off.

:curtain: Hello everyone... I had to scroll all the way to page ten to find us! That hasn't happened in a looong time. :drunk:

Anyhoo, I'm sick with a cold :sick2: :sick:, so my hair has been tied up for three days under a satin scarf. :hippie4: I still moisturize and oil when I feel like it, but I'm sure my hair is happy that I'm leaving her alone for the most part.

westNDNbeauty posted a beautiful flat twist updo on her blog. There is even an instruction video for it. All you stylistas can probably create this style rather simply; unfortunately, my fingers refuse to cooperate.
IMG_4797-e1343709328417.jpg

IMG_4798-e1343504243116.jpg

So what are you all up to?

NappyNelle said:
:curtain: Hello everyone... I had to scroll all the way to page ten to find us! That hasn't happened in a looong time. :drunk:

Anyhoo, I'm sick with a cold :sick2: :sick:, so my hair has been tied up for three days under a satin scarf. :hippie4: I still moisturize and oil when I feel like it, but I'm sure my hair is happy that I'm leaving her alone for the most part.

westNDNbeauty posted a beautiful flat twist updo on her blog. There is even an instruction video for it. All you stylistas can probably create this style rather simply; unfortunately, my fingers refuse to cooperate.

So what are you all up to?

Hope you feel better soon!!!

NappyNelle...feel better soon! Im in a little bit of a funk...been bunning and thats all she wrote lol. Ive been working a lot and am tired. Im off the next two...will wash tomorrow but probably back to the bun again...I work wednesday thru friday then Im off for four days...so Ill probably twist again on that stretch off...maybe henna and twist if Im feeling really inspired!

hey ladies!
I guess i am officially out of this challenge-i got my weave sewn in this morning.
overall, it was a relative success. i basically cowashed and bunned most of the time, with braidouts/twistouts on the weekends. i think i've retained some-i could see a bit of growth when i blowdried my hair to get the weave installed.

I fell off the wagon for a bit but I put in a set of mini twists this weekend. I plan to keep these through the rest of the challenge

Attachments

• image-1522029644.jpg
    image-1522029644.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 47
Oooh, I've been bad NappyNelle let me just spank myself :spank:. Hope that cold is going away. I love westNDNbeauty 's styles, thanks for posting.

Shoot even Rocky91 checked in before me and we know she's hiding her hair for a while. Good to see you Rocky91.

It's good to see antisocial is back with that THICK hair. Thanks for the picture.

Hey Leslie_C, sounds like your working hard. Hang in there.

hi jprayze, -PYT, MsDee14 and isawstars.

Not much going on with the hair. It's just hanging out in my 'hurried' cornrows.

nickmack. You still in here?

Hey ladies...I know I've been MIA - a lot going on this way. At any rate, today I got a flat twisted updo! This should last for 2 weeks...once I take this down, back to my moisture and DC routine.

Hope all of you are doing well!

Hi guys, I'm here because I feel I need to put the damn weave DOWN.
I like that it's a protective style, but I feel like i'm starting to be dependent on it.

My own hair is in two low twist buns with a front twist right now, that I can hopefully keep in for a week while spritzing every other day.

I need to re-discover my own hair again...I'm lucky to have it and I need to be able to deal with it haha.

RegaLady Beautiful, blingy avatar. :lick:

jprayze The curly minibraids look beautiful.

I haven't been doing much with my hair because I want to wear loose up do styles until my September twists. Yesterday I wore a braid out to run errands, but I should've pinned it up. Today I was supposed to practice braiding, but I may just leave my scarf on after oiling my scalp since I doubt I'll be leaving the house. (Leg problems.)

Here are a few updo photo inspirations; one woman is natural, and renren is textlaxed:

tumblr_m99nwsHPBz1qclucro1_500.jpg

It looks like she's using a donut, but thats because I'm hair obsessed -- not because it looks bad or fake. :) I wonder what her method and products were...

DSC00304.JPG

DSC00302.JPG

I've done this style in the past of my HHJ, but my hair didn't look 1/3 as nice as Ren's. This was probably due to products, quickly cowashing, and not moisturizing as much. I'm excited to try this again.

DSC00391.JPG

I also like this low bun. I should be trying these styles this week. :)

ETA: Almost forgot, this is the link to Ren's blog.

MeowMix said:
Very nice. You think they'll be coming back?

Thanks! I liked them before but when I cowashed them and they got curly, I lovedddd them! :-) really great PS because I has access toy scalp for doing some nice massages. So yeah they will come back eventually.

Just co-washed and put my hair in high Princess Leia buns LOL.
A sort of headband made of two flat twists across the hairline.
I will keep this in for the next few days then see what happens.

Yesterday made week three in these mini twists. Planning on taking them out after next week. They are holding up...Just hope my hair is doing ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back