TWA Support Thread

I think I have used the Styling Pudding as well. It did leave my hair crunchy. It is really more like a creamy holding gel so it would have some crunch. I used it for my rollersets. It gave me 2nd and 3rd day hair.

I thought as much from the description on it. It says something about laying your edges down. Maybe it will be good on a twist out? But on Komaza's site they recommend something else for that. (one of their butters I think)

How long did it take everyone to find their staple products? I worried about trying new things because I didn't think jumping around with dc's would be a good idea. But I've tried plenty and think I've finally found some of my staples and I've even gotten the hang of trying new things.

Moisture DC - Aussie Moist 3 minute Miracle, Komaza's Olive Moisture Mask

Rinse out CO - Aussie Moist, Komaza Moja Conditioner, AOGPB (for a light protein during the wewk)

Protein - Komaza Protein Strengther

Leave In - Giovanni Direct Leave in
Moisturizer - Komaza Califia Moisturizing Spray

Styler - Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream, Eco Styler (the pink one)

I'm working on finding some light butters to seal my hair. There are lots I want to try.

I already have some oils like almond oil which I really like but is it a sealant? I also like rosemary oil mixed with olive oil for scalp massages and pre poos.

This week I picked up Neutorgena's Triple Moisture because I hear good things. I tried it but I didn't like it. I will try it one more time since my habit is to dc on dry hair and that may be what caused it not to work for me.

I'm patting myself on the back because I feel like I'm getting the hang of this! Now if only I could take decent pics of my hair to post. I've had lots of great hair days and I either forgot to take a pic or took several but none of them captured the juicy goodness that was my hair that day.

I thought as much from the description on it. It says something about laying your edges down. Maybe it will be good on a twist out? But on Komaza's site they recommend something else for that. (one of their butters I think)

It really depends on your hair. I would not use a butter on my hair for a twist out because it may have definition but would have no hold. But there are other women who can do a twist out with just a butter. I tend to use a creme type styling product for hold because it gives me hold and moisture. A gel like product gives me hold but not much moisture.

You have to figure out which works for you for which style.

Thinking about washing my hair tonight and putting in mini twists.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to accomplish this? I have Eco styler and a curl custard that has no hold. I tried twisting a few sections and they seemed to hold well but I really want to attempt to stretch them as well. Is there anyway to keep them from shrinking too much? And how long do they usually last? I want to keep them in for at least a week.

Joining this group. I'm about to go into my first twa fall/winter season and my hair is already dry as a bone. Hell, drier than a bone now that ive colored.
Need to find some new products and techniques

So my hair hasn't been a problem when I work out, but today it just had a mind of its own. Usually it stays the same size through-out my workout and after, but today it doubled in size. Is it possible to sweat out your curls? Or do he curls just expand?

Hey guys I blew out my hair after taking down my twists. Now I promise you this angle makes it look big and it's way more of a struggle puff in real life lol buuuuut

image-850906721.jpg

I had a fade a few months ago.
I wouldn't wear this for a while cause it'd snatch all my edges out.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Joining this group. I'm about to go into my first twa fall/winter season and my hair is already dry as a bone. Hell, drier than a bone now that ive colored. Need to find some new products and techniques
Welcome. What color did you get? I liked the jet black of your hair.

So my hair hasn't been a problem when I work out, but today it just had a mind of its own. Usually it stays the same size through-out my workout and after, but today it doubled in size. Is it possible to sweat out your curls? Or do he curls just expand?
Never had this happen to me. But then again I usually work out in twists or 4 puffs or while prepoo ing with conditioner or oil. I think maybe the steam from the work out made your strands swell up.

Hey guys I blew out my hair after taking down my twists. Now I promise you this angle makes it look big and it's way more of a struggle puff in real life lol buuuuut I had a fade a few months ago. I wouldn't wear this for a while cause it'd snatch all my edges out. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Wow your hair has grown a lot. I sure remember your fade (x2), lol. Great progress.

Hey guys I blew out my hair after taking down my twists. Now I promise you this angle makes it look big and it's way more of a struggle puff in real life lol buuuuut

View attachment 226063

I had a fade a few months ago.
I wouldn't wear this for a while cause it'd snatch all my edges out.

It looks nice! There's no way that's a struggle puff!

It looks nice! There's no way that's a struggle puff!

Lol aww you're too kind but in order to gather the hair the band had to be suuuper tight. And I'm team weak edges so I can't play around.

I'll probably wash. DC and twist it up tomorrow and wear a head wrap Monday and then I'm getting braids after school Monday. I'm not ashamed of my hair or anything but I just don't wanna draw attention to it wearing a TWA one day and long braids he next.

The benign neglect of braids is doing me well. I just need to start oiling my scalp again. stopped doing that for a while there :look:

I just had another aha moment today. My hair wants a protein treatment every 3 weeks and not a second later.

The past few days as I've touched my hair I've noticed the tiniest bit coming out on my hands. They're shed hairs - no breakage. Today I was thinking about doing my weekly light protein wash and thought eh what the heck, maybe I'll do a full on "hard" protein which I try to do the last week of every month. I thought I had a week to go.

I checked the calendar and see I did my protein treatment a week early last month too and remember it was because I had the same problem.

It's so much fun learning things about my hair!

Still loving my hair! Ive cut a full 2 inches since August and I'm thinking about locs. I wanna experiment!

So uhhh a bird pooped in my hair today! So now I have to shampoo when I'm supposed to be cowashing only tonight. Damn pigeons!

[USER=17906 said:
Whimsy[/USER];18990647]Joining this group. I'm about to go into my first twa fall/winter season and my hair is already dry as a bone. Hell, drier than a bone now that ive colored.
Need to find some new products and techniques

Did you do a protein reconstructor or a protein treatment after your color? Did you do permanent? semi or a rinse?

I don't have a recommendation for a protein treatment because I haven't used enough of them. I am currently using 4 Naturals Reconstructor and Giovanni Nutrafix. But the 4 Naturals is no longer available. I have the Komaza Protein treatment but haven't tried it yet. I have used the ION Reconstructor. I do like that one.

When I color my hair I make sure I use a reconstructor with keratin, 3 to 5 days after. I use the Giovanni Nutrafix in between color applications.

ronie - i got a light brownish color. What protein treatments do you ladies recommend?

Natural/handmade: Claudie renew protein ( hard core); silk dreams mocha silk infusion ( mild for me, but some people find it to be moderate).
Non natural: nexus emergencee (moderate to hard depending on how long I leave it on-- love this a lot), una intensive protein treatment ( same as the previous one). Mild: tigi dumb blonde ... I don't always follow this with a moisturizing conditioner. It leaves my hair pretty balanced, and it smells great. Good luck.

Did you do a protein reconstructor or a protein treatment after your color? Did you do permanent? semi or a rinse?

I only had roux porosity control on hand so I used that and a cholesterol dc :(

I don't have a recommendation for a protein treatment because I haven't used enough of them. I am currently using 4 Naturals Reconstructor and Giovanni Nutrafix. But the 4 Naturals is no longer available. I have the Komaza Protein treatment but haven't tried it yet. I have used the ION Reconstructor. I do like that one.

When I color my hair I make sure I use a reconstructor with keratin, 3 to 5 days after. I use the Giovanni Nutrafix in between color applications.

Giovanni line usually does right by me, I may try that! thanks.

Natural/handmade: Claudie renew protein ( hard core); silk dreams mocha silk infusion ( mild for me, but some people find it to be moderate).
Non natural: nexus emergencee (moderate to hard depending on how long I leave it on-- love this a lot), una intensive protein treatment ( same as the previous one). Mild: tigi dumb blonde ... I don't always follow this with a moisturizing conditioner. It leaves my hair pretty balanced, and it smells great. Good luck.

Hmmm silk dreams you say? I'm gunna have to place an order!

I've tried emergencee in the past, I'll cop that too.

Thanks ladies!!!

I need to hurry and finish knitting these hats because there are only two ways to style my hair right now. It's starting to grate on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, I'm throughly enjoying the 0-20 minutes it takes to style my hair, but it's begun the descent into the awkward growth phase. -_-

Either your hair wants to be washed or your hair is yelling for oil/grease. At least that's what my hair does... Hope that helps. :D

Girl I've been washing every other day and I moisturize my hair/oil my scalp nightly. This is just some next level itchiness. I have no idea wtf is going on!

Maybe I'm going to have to experiment with oils other than coconut n grapeseed.

Is a TWA gunna turn me into a PJ? Sheeeesh

Doing my first "puff" for classes tomorrow. Super excited. It looked nice when I pulled it back tonight but tomorrow morning will tell, especially since I will have earrings and makeup on. Hopefully all I will have to do is freshen the curls and my edges will be set. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Doing my first "puff" for classes tomorrow. Super excited. It looked nice when I pulled it back tonight but tomorrow morning will tell, especially since I will have earrings and makeup on. Hopefully all I will have to do is freshen the curls and my edges will be set. I will post pictures tomorrow.
Sounds like its gonna be real pretty. Can't wait to see your pics.

So my front is bone straight. No it's not heat damaged. My hair just grows that way. But today I found out it is now long enough to pin back without gel! I'm super stoked I only had to use oil in my hair today. :D. No leave-ins needed.

Attachments

• image-490261540.jpg
    image-490261540.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 63
My poof! Snagged this off of my instagram. It turned out really well. I washed and shingled Wednesday morning, so this is a 3rd day shingle? I don't know. Planning on wearing it like this tomorrow too and then washing saturday morning before work so its fresh. Def going to be one of my go to styles, especially when wearing it out is looks crazy. Need to find more hairstyles but I really like this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 6.46.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 6.46.22 PM.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 62
I will be trying a twist out for the second time tonight. It's wash day. So my plan is to shampoo with Suave Daily Clarifying (LOVE this shampoo) deep condition with Komoza's Olive Moisture Mask. But I have no idea what to use to set the twists this time.

All of the stylers I have are either gels or curly creams. I want to do this on blow dried hair though so I'm not sure about the curly creams.

Back