TWA Support Thread

It looks cute. Do you like it?

I'm not sure. I liked the curl I got with it but the ends :nono: I think I may just have to practice and as my hair gets longer it will get easier. I know I have to use more product on my ends in order to get the twists to stay in. Toward the top I got lazy so this morning I just had to tuck the ends in.

1. BC date: 9/2/2013

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: 4a/3c. low porosity. medium strands. medium/high density.

3. Reggie/Products: I don't have a set regimen yet but I know herbs and ayurvedic powders will play a big part. I will try to henna weekly. I make my own shampoo and conditioner. I will probably wash/cowash 3 times a week. Currently testing different oils to seal with. Trying to see if it's only coconut oil that makes my hair feel horrible.

4. Goal(s): Full edges and BSL by Dec 2014. Ultimate goal is HL.

5. Current pic or pic of BC: No pics. No one has seen my hair since I BC'd and it's going to stay that way until it gets longer and I get a trim to shape it.

Last edited:
Hey ladies!!

Still in my kinky twists. I need to DC and redo the edges this weekend.
I flatironed the side of my hair from a piece that fell out and it's almost at my chin! From scalp to chin heyyyy now lol
I am so grateful for these twists-too busy to even think about my hair. Hopefully they'll be fine until October.....and then I'll probably get another set. Or maybe a weave. I like the idea of a fall/winter bob and I'll probably have enough hair to do a decent blending job by then.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Wow! I literally am doing the same thing! I only have like 2 inches of hair though and got kinky twists. I thought my hair was too short, but the lady was still able to do it and my twists are past my shoulders.

Now, I'm worried about too much stress on my hair, but I think I want to try a weave for the first time at the end of October.

Anyone else get a weave with about 3 inches of hair? :)

I dusted my ends tonight. Want to make sure I keep retaining. I hate dusting/trimming. It seems to take forever. But I'm done now. I will do a protein treatment this weekend to give my hair some added strength.

tumblr_msseabzY2Y1qbrb13o1_500.jpg

4th Shingle has been a success!!! Lets just hope I don't ruin it overnight D:

Did a wash and go for church this morning.

Attachments

• image-2583894133.jpg
    image-2583894133.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 60
1. BC date: 9/2/2013

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: 4a/3c. low porosity. medium strands. medium/high density.

3. Reggie/Products: I don't have a set regimen yet but I know herbs and ayurvedic powders will play a big part. I will try to henna weekly. I make my own shampoo and conditioner. I will probably wash/cowash 3 times a week. Currently testing different oils to seal with. Trying to see if it's only coconut oil that makes my hair feel horrible.

4. Goal(s): Full edges and BSL by Dec 2014. Ultimate goal is HL.

5. Current pic or pic of BC: No pics. No one has seen my hair since I BC'd and it's going to stay that way until it gets longer and I get a trim to shape it.

Welcome. Happy to have you.

ronie

Thank you. This is the finished twistout

image-641132680.jpg

I have been looking at blow dryers and flat irons but I'm in no rush to straighten. May do so for my bday in November

Cuuute a prayer4hair!

Totally neglecting my hair lately. I need to remember to tie my edges up at night and put some castor oil before I end up looking like Naomi when i take these twists out. I know my edges are extra fragile so I need to quit playing.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have fallen in love with Komaza products. I tried them when I was transitioning and the Matani line was not a good fit for me.

But last night I deep conditioned with their Olive Moisture Mask and used the Califia Moisturizing Spray on damp hair. I wrapped my hair in a towel to get my hair to soak up the goodness. After my hair dried it felt like silk. I have to say I am shocked. My hair hasn't felt like this since I was relaxed.

So this is what perfectly moisturized hair feels like huh?

I'm planning to do a finger coil out tomorrow. I co washed with Aussie Moist and used some leave in from Garnier - I'm too lazy to get up and check the name, but I know I don't like it. I used the Califia Styling Pudding to finger coil.

I air dried and I just touched my hair before I put my scarf on and it feels crunchy. I don't know why though. The styling pudding has all the good stuff in it that should make my hair soft so what gives?

I'll post pics tomorrow when I undo the coils. That is if it isn't a complete fail.

I'm planning to do a finger coil out tomorrow. I co washed with Aussie Moist and used some leave in from Garnier - I'm too lazy to get up and check the name, but I know I don't like it. I used the Califia Styling Pudding to finger coil.

I air dried and I just touched my hair before I put my scarf on and it feels crunchy. I don't know why though. The styling pudding has all the good stuff in it that should make my hair soft so what gives?

I'll post pics tomorrow when I undo the coils. That is if it isn't a complete fail.

Hi sorry to just pop in like this. I am now TWA due to a serious matting I had in my relaxed hair. I am happy with my new cut, but I learned a lesson.
. I did everything I usually did to get me to about 3 inches from waist length and couldn't figure out why this time my hair was severely matted. I then realized the only thing I did differently was use garnier fructise products. I blame garnier for my tangles and mats so if I were to guess, that's what made your hair crunchy. I'm advising everyone on the board to please be careful with garnier

Sorry I've been mia guys. No more internet so I can only access from my phone which is not fun.

Any way, not the best length check but I figured it will do lol

20130911_210241-1.jpg

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Been shingling with good results. I've got it down to 45 minutes to do my entire head...I left the house with my head still damp but that's ok since it's not cold yet.

Checking in:

I am really enjoying my curls. I think at this point I'm going to claim 4a/3c but as it gets longer it might loosen the curl. Some of the girls are really big like sharpie sized and some are like coffee stirrer sized. Which is fun when I shingle cause its just like...a range of curls everywhere.

I have gotten good results with my current regimen:

Shampoo twice a week with a low sulphate shampoo. Do a Pre Poo sorta by putting conditioner in my hair and detangling and then shampooing with the conditioner still in my hair. I've found this way that the shampoo doesn't strip my hair and it feels fluffy and soft of I do it this way, but it still feelsclean. only shampoo once, then rinse really well, plop my hair for 2 mins and then apply DC to my hair with heat or overnight (best results with heat).
Then I shingle on wet hair and let it air dry. I used to do it at night and cover it but I found its nicer and not as "gel crunchy" when I let it air dry without covering it.

I still haven't used a comb or brush on my hair so I've only been finger detangling and only use it a bit to lay my edges. Seems I get shed hairs out most when shingling which is good. Very few ssks, and my hair detangles really easy.

Oh btw I don't know if someone here mentioned this but I think my hair likes Aloe. I have a conditioner from Whole Foods called JASÖN with Aloe Vera and vitamin E in it and my hair seems to LOVE it. Detangles like butter, makes my hair really soft. May look into aloe Vera gel for shingling instead of Eco styler. Or maybe to use in place if glycerin.

I do need a trim soon though. Maybe about 1/4 of an inch? The ends feel a little rough and I can tell the difference between the curl forming on a piece if hair that the aren't bushy (split maybe?) I DUNO I trimmed the top of my hair and the curls form way different. Cause the ends aren't bushy.

I miss my length a lot but I hope ill have nice curls when it grows out longer. Still struggling with my crown hairline not wanting to curl. So I'm gonna try two strand twists again on the front tomorrow.

Sorry this was so long.

Excuse the typos on my iPhone.

Hi sorry to just pop in like this. I am now TWA due to a serious matting I had in my relaxed hair. I am happy with my new cut, but I learned a lesson.
. I did everything I usually did to get me to about 3 inches from waist length and couldn't figure out why this time my hair was severely matted. I then realized the only thing I did differently was use garnier fructise products. I blame garnier for my tangles and mats so if I were to guess, that's what made your hair crunchy. I'm advising everyone on the board to please be careful with garnier

Thanks for this. I don't think I'm going to use it anymore. I'll give the Califia Styling Pudding one more time to see if I like it.

And the coils came out so bad that I just washed it out.

What's shingling? Don't know if I spelled that right...

I wondered too. And it seems to be just raking product through sections of hair to get your curls to clump. Correct me if I'm wrong hnntrr

I do the same but call it a wash n go since I see ladies on YouTube with longer hair doing the same routine calling it a wash n go. But again, maybe I'm wrong.

I wondered too. And it seems to be just raking product through sections of hair to get your curls to clump. Correct me if I'm wrong hnntrr

I do the same but call it a wash n go since I see ladies on YouTube with longer hair doing the same routine calling it a wash n go. But again, maybe I'm wrong.

It actually may be a wash and go cause I do it right out the shower now. I used to do it overnight but.

Yeah you just take the product through the hair. If it is a wash a go I wish I could go faster! Takes me 30 mins.

I think I have used the Styling Pudding as well. It did leave my hair crunchy. It is really more like a creamy holding gel so it would have some crunch. I used it for my rollersets. It gave me 2nd and 3rd day hair.

Shingling and wng are different.

Shingling is where you rake product through the hair section by section. As someone stated it can consume some time.

A wng is just that. You wash, slap some leave in and/or oil in and go.

Shingling will give you more defined curls than a wng depending on curl pattern, texture and health of hair

Shingling and wng are different.

Shingling is where you rake product through the hair section by section. As someone stated it can consume some time.

A wng is just that. You wash, slap some leave in and/or oil in and go.

Shingling will give you more defined curls than a wng depending on curl pattern, texture and health of hair

Yeah I remember there being some controversy about women doing wash n gos with 50-11 steps/products. lol So I guess I've been shingling all this time.

Back