BC Thread Tracker!!

last relaxer was nov 2009, i don't feel yet as if i will need to do a big chop, cross my fingers...ill keep you posted

Your hair is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing those pics.

I've been doing twist outs so far as well. I had yarn braids in for almost a month, and now I'm going to wear twists and twist outs for the rest of the winter. A wash n' go here and there, but mostly twist outs.

Thanks! Any pics of your twists/twistouts? :)

Wooow, Soleil, that's one gorgeous puff. It's huge! :D

FM, love your hair as usual :yep: And DD's hair is so cute! I need to check out those links myself. I have two little girls, 2 and 4 as of last week, both 3c and 3b respectively, and I could definitely stand to learn some more styles :look:

I did fine with the no snip, though I did cut out a bunch of single strand knots 6-8 weeks ago or so. I will probably just let them be from this point forward though. It was way too tedious :ohwell:

Here's an update. I also updated my Fotki.

Crazy looking wash n go after being in a ponytail for a day or so
DSC01551-1.jpg

Straightened w/length check
DSC01397-1.jpg

Wash n Go Ponytail
DSC01373.jpg

Braidout
DSC01617.jpg

Morenita- Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. It is growing fast too!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to give braidouts a try.

I was supporting a twist out this week and I really liked it. My hair didn't get dried out or anything. Will post pics soon.
HHG!!!

Thanks! Any pics of your twists/twistouts? :)
I'm definitely....without a doubt updating my pics within the next two weeks. It's really bad how far behind I've gotten. I'll have pics up soon.

FM, love your hair as usual :yep: And DD's hair is so cute! I need to check out those links myself. I have two little girls, 2 and 4 as of last week, both 3c and 3b respectively, and I could definitely stand to learn some more styles :look:

I did fine with the no snip, though I did cut out a bunch of single strand knots 6-8 weeks ago or so. I will probably just let them be from this point forward though. It was way too tedious :ohwell:

Here's an update. I also updated my Fotki.

Crazy looking wash n go after being in a ponytail for a day or so
DSC01551-1.jpg

DSC01397-1.jpg

Wash n Go Ponytail
DSC01373.jpg

Braidout
DSC01617.jpg

Your hair is gorgeous! It's growing so fast! Love it!

DSC01397-1.jpg

Love your progress!!!! I love your hair as usual! I got highlights from the Aveda solon and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I want to straighten to check length and trim, but I have been loving my hair SOOO much lately in it's natural state that I'm kinda scared that I will get hooked on straight hair and be tryna wear that for a minute.:ohwell:

Morenita- Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. It is growing fast too!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to give braidouts a try.

I was supporting a twist out this week and I really liked it. My hair didn't get dried out or anything. Will post pics soon.
HHG!!!

Thanks! You should definitely try them. I had a whole new experience wearing a braidout as a natural.

I'm definitely....without a doubt updating my pics within the next two weeks. It's really bad how far behind I've gotten. I'll have pics up soon.

Your hair is gorgeous! It's growing so fast! Love it!

:thankyou:

Love your progress!!!! I love your hair as usual! I got highlights from the Aveda solon and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I want to straighten to check length and trim, but I have been loving my hair SOOO much lately in it's natural state that I'm kinda scared that I will get hooked on straight hair and be tryna wear that for a minute.:ohwell:

I was worried about the same thing. I didn't wash for two weeks when I straightened, big mistake! My scalp hurt so bad by the time I finally did. It was a nice change. I didn't mind reverting back at all though. I love the versatility of natural hair!!!

Enjoying my snow day. Hope you ladies are doing well and are being safe and warm. I'm having a lazy day and will wash my hair DC, and protein treat too.

I added a few new photos to my Fotki...still stalking a couple others getting ideas for hair styles and techniques.

Hi ladies...checking in with a quick update and comparison photos. :grin:

I plan on straightening my hair for a real length check today. Hopefully I can get through my whole head. LOL. :lachen:

Big chop (with some straight ends left in...i was about to get a weave and my hair dresser didn't want to cut it too short)

randoms032.jpg

Several months post big chop

hair005.jpg

a couple days ago

DSCN2144.jpg

:grin:

Here is a pic of my hair today. WnG 2nd day hair:

Used Kinky Curly Come Clean poo, KC Knot today as a leave in and then KC Curling Custard on top. I give KC 2 thumbs up!

Front:

Back

I am going out of town this weekend, so I will probably DC and twist tomorrow night so I can wear a twist-out this weekend

FindingMe,
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, love the color!

Transition Time: 9 months [BC 2.10.10]
Texture: 4A
Products: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo & Conditioner, Fantasia IC Gel, Mixed Chicks Curl Souffle [that's all I've got so far]

Attachments

• allnatural.jpg
    allnatural.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 16
Wow it's been a while since I posted in here.
Such great progress, ladies!!

Here a couple of my pix.
Straight hair is from first week of January. The fro is from last week (a flat twist out done from a regular twist out) a novel idea! :grin: (helps my hair look less compact while not really changing the curl pattern:yep:)

Attachments

• Spring 2010 090.jpg
    Spring 2010 090.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Froness.jpg
    Froness.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 58
BC Super Bowl Sunday 2010 (Feburary 7th)
Transition Time: A little shy of a year or so... I lost count
Texture: 3C in the middle that radiates out to 4A

Pictures and BC story

Products: so far I've been wetting my hair at every possible moment b/c it makes my curls pop! I've used Elasta QP Mango Butter (olive oil), G-99.5 Curl Activator (just Glycerin and water); Blue Magic Olive Oil (I know Blue Magic has a bad rap.. lol but my Auntie and Cousin swear by it, but I refused to get the traditional Blue Magic Grease...); Africa's Best herbal Oil with ginseng, frica's Best Maximum Strength Super Gro with Ginseng, Aveda Brilliant Styling Creme... Good ole' plastic shower cap.

:welcome: to all the new ladies and LMLLIG!!! OMG! :wow: YOUR HAIR LOOKS GOOD!!!!! (i'm still wanting to get a closer peek at your PJ stash!... :lol:)

Transition Time: 9 months [BC 2.10.10]
Texture: 4A
Products: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo & Conditioner, Fantasia IC Gel, Mixed Chicks Curl Souffle [that's all I've got so far]

PRETTYYYYY!!!:drunk: :welcome:

Thank you :grin:

Girl, your hair in your siggy is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!

i did the bc today yal. i transitioned for twelve months, and finally was sick of the whole ordeal. ♥

2isi6g4.jpg

11tu7q0.jpg

LOVE IT!!! :welcome3: Look at those coils!!!! PRETTY!:grin:

Pictures and BC story

Products: so far I've been wetting my hair at every possible moment b/c it makes my curls pop! I've used Elasta QP Mango Butter (olive oil), G-99.5 Curl Activator (just Glycerin and water); Blue Magic Olive Oil (I know Blue Magic has a bad rap.. lol but my Auntie and Cousin swear by it, but I refused to get the traditional Blue Magic Grease...); Africa's Best herbal Oil with ginseng, frica's Best Maximum Strength Super Gro with Ginseng, Aveda Brilliant Styling Creme... Good ole' plastic shower cap.

Welcome!!!! :welcome4: CUTE story and pretty hair!!! Love it!:yep:

...........i hope i didn't miss any new ladies...if so, apologies and :welcome: again!

Wow it's been a while since I posted in here.
Such great progress, ladies!!

Here a couple of my pix.
Straight hair is from first week of January. The fro is from last week (a flat twist out done from a regular twist out) a novel idea! :grin: (helps my hair look less compact while not really changing the curl pattern:yep:)

Love this look. Your hair progressing and its so healthy.:lick:
i did the bc today yal. i transitioned for twelve months, and finally was sick of the whole ordeal. ♥

Congrats and Welcome!! You have a beautiful head of coils. That's a lot of hair for 12mos. Have fun getting to know your natural hair. It's quite fun.:yep:

Pictures and BC story

Welcome and Congrats!!! Seems you are off and running. Glad you are finding products that working for you.

There are so many new gorgeous all natural heads in here this week! Congrats to all the new BCers! The natural hair journey is so exciting & fun!

BC date: February 5, 2010
Transition time: I wasn't transitioning. I was about 12 weeks post.
Hair type: 4a/b
Products: Suave conditioner, WGO and Aloe Vera Moisturizing lotion. My husband has more hair products than me. :lachen:

BC: 4/4/09 Transitioned for 9 months

Right after BC
100_0623-1-1.jpg

8 months post BC
HPIM1133.jpg

Too Cute!!! I LOVE IT! :yep: :welcome:

OT: You remind me of a friend of mine named Michelle...

BC date: February 5, 2010
Transition time: I wasn't transitioning. I was about 12 weeks post.
Hair type: 4a/b
Products: Suave conditioner, WGO and Aloe Vera Moisturizing lotion. My husband has more hair products than me. :lachen:

OK, so you are gutsy! LOL on DH! :welcome: Pics please!:drunk:

Back