TWA Support Thread

I HATE my hair! Stupid FAILED twist out. Why won't it just do what I tell it to do? I'm not asking too much. WHY?!

Ok, I'm done acting crazy now.

It's month 4 since my chop and so far so good. I can't complain not one bit.

I've gotten so many compliments and it makes me feel good. I received a compliment as recently as yesterday in the Apple store. This woman with locs came up to me and told me she loved my hair (wash-n-go with As I Am Curling Jelly). All I do basically is co-wash every other day, apply a leave -in and sometimes an oil and then a curling product (I have so many). From time to time I'll twist my hair at night before bed, but I'm too lazy to even do that at times.

iVR I used the Shea moisture curl and styling milk and a curling cream after I blow dried my hair. After I wrote that mini rant I found a nice way to wear it by pinning up the sides. It was ok. As it got later in the day it started to grow on me. The best thing was it stayed soft. This morning I misted my hair with my moisturizer and pulled it back into a puff. With my hair stretched I notice I can do a lot more. I think maybe I just need more practice.

Last edited:
So I have been trying to figure this out for the past two wash cycles. I don't know if its just my hair getting longer, or if it is because my hair is finally getting moisturized.... but

As I have been doing this regimin I have noticed that my curl pattern is getting looser in some area's. I do not know if this is cause my hair is longer and has more weight to it, or if it is because my hair is accepting moisture. I started to notice this because when my hair was dry the curls were way tighter and now it feels like they are bigger. I am not sure why. Could this be because of shingling? Is it because of the acceptance of moisture? I don't know...does anyone have any ideas of why this might be? There are not any straight portions except for the issues I am having with the 4 inch section of my hairline...otherwise...I dont know. ANy ideas?

My hair is so short I just wash and go everyday. Yeah it get's boring (I am actually trying a braid out right now). Today when I washed my hair in some spots I had tangles! :) Why am I happy about this!? MY HAIR IS LONG ENOUGH TO TANGLE! YESSSS!

My scalp is soo itchy but I don't wanna wash these braids....I might sea breeze it and keep it moving

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

So tomorrow I go to my hair stylist for a trim. It's going to be fun because my hair is officially long enough to flatiron. :grin: Well the top is at least. I still haven't decided if I want her to completely get rid of my mohawk by making everything the same length or just shape it up. What do you guys think? :look: My mom says I should probably wait until December or Janurary, but either way it goes she'll have to even it out eventually. So what say you?

[USER=393677 said:
iVR[/USER];19051001]So tomorrow I go to my hair stylist for a trim. It's going to be fun because my hair is officially long enough to flatiron. :grin: Well the top is at least. I still haven't decided if I want her to completely get rid of my mohawk by making everything the same length or just shape it up. What do you guys think? :look: My mom says I should probably wait until December or Janurary, but either way it goes she'll have to even it out eventually. So what say you?

If you can still easily style your hair with it evened up then go for it. However, if it is going to require an extra 2 months to style your hair easily, I say wait.

Had my mom trim my hair for me while I was here. The splits weren't bad. She cut off maybe 1/16 to 1/8 all around which is great. My hair feels so much better and the curls form nicer.

She also sprayed some jane carter restore moisture on it and oh man. Never used it but I am def going to start using that. My hair is really soft and bouncy.

Sorry it's sideways. On my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 76
Had my mom trim my hair for me while I was here. The splits weren't bad. She cut off maybe 1/16 to 1/8 all around which is great. My hair feels so much better and the curls form nicer.

She also sprayed some jane carter restore moisture on it and oh man. Never used it but I am def going to start using that. My hair is really soft and bouncy.

Sorry it's sideways. On my phone

Your curls are forming very nicely.

Had my mom trim my hair for me while I was here. The splits weren't bad. She cut off maybe 1/16 to 1/8 all around which is great. My hair feels so much better and the curls form nicer. She also sprayed some jane carter restore moisture on it and oh man. Never used it but I am def going to start using that. My hair is really soft and bouncy. Sorry it's sideways. On my phone
Your curls are really bedutiful

Do any of you ladies get 5-7 day hair? I find that I am having to redo twice a week. I was cowashing just about everyday, and that got old real quick! I'm finding that I like the volume I get towards the end, but it just gets too frizzy by day 4 or 5.

This dryness is killing me. My hair feels rough as all get out.

Mines used to be SUPER dry. It was so dry it kept me up at night. I did some steam treatments with olive oil and jojoba oil, and deep conditioned with curl junkie curl rehab. My cousin big chopped weeks after me, and her hair didn't experience any dryness. I was so jealous. lol.

I am really sad. Cant afford my staple shampoo...buttttt on the sort of bright side, my hair seems to like JÄSON 84% Aloe Vera Moisturizing Conditioner, so since I needed some more of that anyway, I am going to try the shampoo version and hope it works out. Its 14 bucks cheaper than my staple but I just don't know if it will do as well. What I have now I can shampoo my hair twice a week and it not completely strip my hair (I do a pre-poo first though), I am going to try it with the same regimen I have now. I may need to make up another pre-poo to use this new one. Ugh.

I am so nervous.

So I no longer have a muffin top. Thank God. Like my hair legit was becoming a muffin top. So my stylist faded the back into the top. There was only about a half inch difference, but when I run my hands through my hair it's like she didn't cut anything off... But yea it now looks like the pic below. My stylist just shaped things up a bit, and left the pinned back side in the front a little longer because it doesn't curl like the rest of my hair.

Attachments

• image-1846044819.jpg
    image-1846044819.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 44
just an update: last trim was in May and i plan to trim my ends this weekend. first pic is my hair right after wng, and using leave in and KKC. lots of shrinkage. second pick stretched piece of hair.

for me, not much difference until its stretched. if i do a twist out, i can do a puff. wll have to start doing something different soon as weather is getting cooler and wng won't really be an option. just not sure how i can keep the moisture up.

picture.php

picture.php

Might try to do two strand twists tonight. Worst case senario they come out poopy and I wear my hat to work.

I am going to try it with Eco Styler cause CVS is closed and I don't really want to use a heavy pomade. Last time I did them I just bobby pinned the ends and let it dry over night.

Debating doing it on my hair now while it will be able to lock itself since it's dry instead of washing it completely. I washed my hair Wednesday so I not due again until Sunday. I wonder if I can get away with it till my Sunday wash day? Plus I get my shampoo and conditioner tomorrow...Maybe I'll try that and just put water and moisturizer on it and hope it works. :/

I'll be glad when I can do twist outs! It has grown 3-4 inches, so I guess it shouldn't be too long before I can grip the back of my hair again. lol.

I died the top half of my head a lighter brown (permanent box kit).

It is pretty light I think. I can't really tell though until it dries then I will see if I wanna go lighter but it worked really well. I used dark and lovely and my hair is really soft and manageable I also noticed that the colored part is softer than the back...could it have lifted the cuticles? Anyway.

My hair been doing great today. I did a twist out earlier and it went okay. Def going to have to work on my technique but I did like it and my hair was really soft and bouncy which means the eco styler just makes my hair crunchy because its gel and not because its "dry"

Last edited:
I had my hair braided last weekend in 3 big goddess braids. I am sooooo ready to take them down. I need to wash my hair. So tonight im going to prepoo/HOT with olive and jardin oil, shampoo with whatever i can find, oil rinse with a little coconut oil, and DC with AOGPB under a dryer for 20 minutes. Let it cool, rinse, and twist for a teistout this week. Unless my curls are popping, then ill do a wash n go if my hair isnt too tangled. I want to dye my hair. Ive been putting it off forever

so...i think ill join this...i rechopped my hair several weeks ago after not cutting for about 4 years. been natural going on 8 years and decided i wanted to wear a short cut again...loved it! now im getting back to that "i want long hair again" point lol. always happens to me. im currently stretching my hair out to get ready for twisting. back to the protectives!

WELLLL its red hahahahaha. Maybe my natural hair just has red undertones cause this is redic....there are some spots even lighter than this they are just covered by my hair.

Attachments

• tumblr_muoyteQUtv1sk0g5xo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_muoyteQUtv1sk0g5xo2_1280.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 51
WELLLL its red hahahahaha. Maybe my natural hair just has red undertones cause this is redic....there are some spots even lighter than this they are just covered by my hair.

lol! Your hair can only lift like that if you have red brown hair aka if you're a brunette. I have red brown hair and accidentally went blonde in 10 minutes. Red brown hair can't go brown without some dye.

I have a red base to my hair as well. When I first went natural I would get my hair colored every 6 weeks and no matter what color I picked within 2 weeks it would look like the same color. So I was only able to enjoy my color for 2 to 3 weeks before it turned on me. Now I just do dark medium brown. It still changes but it isn't so noticeable.

Do you like your new color?

iVR: Yea was totally trying to go light brown. I think my natural hair is reddish anyway like it's naturally not very "black" it's just like a dark reddish brown. It takes forever for me to go blonde and even then it's still red....and my colorist would have to tone it. So bizarre lol

faithVA: Yeah it's really odd, my roots are super light. Like a natural redhead light. Which is really odd especially in one spot I think that processes more than the rest of it. But I do like it! I kinda wish it was a tad but lighter all over but I used to have purple and real hair so I am just used to more drastic color. Right now it's still pretty subtle cause yeah I realized even my natural hair is kinda red so I fel like its hard to see but it's probably not hahaha. Which is good. I need subtle.

Back