TWA Support Thread

How often will you re-do the finger coils?

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

I will probably have to do them every 4 to 5 days. They don't last longer than that on me. Or I don't feel they look neat after 4 days. Maybe if I figure out how to properly moisturize them, they may last a bit longer.

So I made an appointment for a hair cut next week! I'm excited. I'm wondering if I should dye my hair before or after.

So I made an appointment for a hair cut next week! I'm excited. I'm wondering if I should dye my hair before or after.

Great! I dusted/trimmed my ends last weekend. They were feeling awful! And made my twistouts look like garbage. Im slowly but surely takin pieces off and then massaging with sulfur oil, although im not too concerned about growth right now.

Ive learned that my hair likes protein. I will find a way to incorporate it into my regimen more often. I plan to try out a wig next week. Im scurred

Great! I dusted/trimmed my ends last weekend. They were feeling awful! And made my twistouts look like garbage. Im slowly but surely takin pieces off and then massaging with sulfur oil, although im not too concerned about growth right now.

Ive learned that my hair likes protein. I will find a way to incorporate it into my regimen more often. I plan to try out a wig next week. Im scurred

When i BC i was thinking that my natural need wouldn't need much protein like my relaxed hair did. But 2 weeks of moisture only DC, and i start having little piece of hair on my fingers when M&S. I must do a mild to moderate protein weekly. I had to retire my wig regimen; my edges were not having it no matter what i try. I want to get twist extension next month.

Ok ladies, i want to get a perm rod set for my birthday this weekend with maybe a nice flat twist in the front. Of course i have to go to a salon. I have someone that i am comfortable with telling exactly what i want, and i know she will listen. She did 2 weave jobs for me, and she did everything as i said even when she did not agree. This is my first time doing this. What are some tips for a great set? I saw some girls using end paper on youtube. What is the reason for that? I remember seeing the stylist i mentioned earlier doing it on a twa before, and her rods are all wrapped in some white paper in the middle. I will ask her if it is end paper, and do you think that will give the same results as wrapping your hair in end paper before rolling it on the rods?
I did not stay at the salong long enough to see the results, but i really hope that mines come out nice. Any setting lotion suggestions? I have the carols daughter macadamia heat setting foam. I have used it for roller set before with good results.
Sorry for all the questions, and tia. Feel free to tag anyone you think might be of help.
Gotta look fly for my first Bday as a natural. My mother and my sister (the relaxed one) were asking me: aren't you getting a weave for your birthday? I was like :nono:. I am rocking a twistout on the day of, and the perm rod set on the weekend. You should have seen their face:lachen:.

Ok ladies, i want to get a perm rod set for my birthday this weekend with maybe a nice flat twist in the front. Of course i have to go to a salon. I have someone that i am comfortable with telling exactly what i want, and i know she will listen. She did 2 weave jobs for me, and she did everything as i said even when she did not agree. This is my first time doing this. What are some tips for a great set? I saw some girls using end paper on youtube. What is the reason for that? I remember seeing the stylist i mentioned earlier doing it on a twa before, and her rods are all wrapped in some white paper in the middle. I will ask her if it is end paper, and do you think that will give the same results as wrapping your hair in end paper before rolling it on the rods?
I did not stay at the salong long enough to see the results, but i really hope that mines come out nice. Any setting lotion suggestions? I have the carols daughter macadamia heat setting foam. I have used it for roller set before with good results.
Sorry for all the questions, and tia. Feel free to tag anyone you think might be of help.
Gotta look fly for my first Bday as a natural. My mother and my sister (the relaxed one) were asking me: aren't you getting a weave for your birthday? I was like :nono:. I am rocking a twistout on the day of, and the perm rod set on the weekend. You should have seen their face:lachen:.

Usually stylists have a lot of experience in rollersets and rod sets so you should be in good hands. The white paper is end paper. When I was growing up we always used end paper to roll our hair. First, it smooths the ends and helps them to lay flat. And for certain types of rollers it can keep your hair from sticking to the roller. We used a lot of foam rollers back in the day.

If the person knows what they are doing, it doesn't matter if the paper is on the hair or on the roller. When the hair is longer you just want it on the ends of the hair. But if you only have a twa, you don't have enough ends so it won't matter.

It's not really that hard to get a good set so you can relax. :yep:

Decided after a long go with wearing the phony pony or my real pony tail (more like a single pig tail lol) that I would wear a wng today. I just didn't feel like messing with it.

I wonder what people at work are going to say. They haven't seen my real hair down since I got the phony pony.

20130416_111706-1.jpg

I THINK I might have some ng? These twists have been in for 2 weeks and I am feelin some curls tryin to push their way up....maybe. Maybe I will be lucky with a surprise..... Speaking of which, does anyone have any tips on upping the longevity of protective styles that include extension hair? Both times my p/s styles have lasted about two weeks (It will be two weeks on thursday) and thats great cause then I can wash my hair more often....but I dont know how people keep hair in for 2-3 months, my hair is already frizzy, itchy and dying to come out of this hair. I wanna try to reinstall on sunday but I dont know if I want to spend another 8 hours doing my head and its only going to barely last 2 weeks.

That is adorable mz momo!! And thats all they should say lol

Ladies ive been getting compliments all day on my hair and yesterdat. I was anti-lazy and i woke up to cowash and properly style my hair as well as do my face. I also rinsed ir over the weekend so its mad black and shiny. There is less scalp this week it seems-yay for hair vitamins or just eating well who knows lol

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

Every one asked if I drove to work with my car window down o_o

And wanted to know why I didn't wear my pony. Guess they were not a fan lol

I need a trim :ohwell: My lil egg treatment did nada. My ends feel like bushy brooms.
I would say after, only because you wouldn't have to waste product.
I wasn't even thinking of late. I was thinking before that way I have more hair to grip to make it easier :lol:
That is adorable mz momo!! And thats all they should say lol

Ladies ive been getting compliments all day on my hair and yesterdat. I was anti-lazy and i woke up to cowash and properly style my hair as well as do my face. I also rinsed ir over the weekend so its mad black and shiny. There is less scalp this week it seems-yay for hair vitamins or just eating well who knows lol

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)
Picture! :) I wanna see

i got you later today gurl.
i think it would be the absolute height of ratchetness to be taking photos on my mac photobooth while teaching my class, no? :lol: :look:

and i just got a compliment again! a girl in the hallway stopped me and said "I've really wanted to say this for a while, but i love your hair"
idk what it is lately. i guess my baby hurr been extra silky or something :lol:

Since my Co-workers didn't like my hair yesterday, I knew what I had to do with my hair today

ForumRunner_20130417_113819.jpg

Today is the day I take these twists out! Debating leaving them out till next thursday, although I kinda wanna reinstall on sunday just because I like the ease of not having to deal with it.....

Anyway, my question is, how should I go about washing. I need to do a protein, DC and tea rinse.

Should I do a DC/Tea then the protein to ensure I dont get a protein overload? Or should I do a DC/ Protein/ ACV and then do a tea rinsee tomorrow? Or do a protein and ACV and then DC and Tea overnight?'

eta:

I did a cowash and a hour and 30 minute hydrading DC.
Got kinda scared though when I was running my hands through and long strands were in my hands...then I realized that they were LONG strands...the length of my hair....phew...2 weeks of shed hair scared me. Thank god I had little to no breakage.

Going to do a tea rinse and 15-20 minute reconstructor today. Woo!

Last edited:
I finally got around to wearing my wig. This is me and Mia. I'm not ready to wear her to work yet. But I am wearing her around town.

DSCN0728 (635x640).jpg

Hi everyone: I am joining this group as I just did the BC two days ago....so here goes

BC date: 23/4/2013

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: not sure...i think 4a/b

3. Reggie/Products: i cowash 4/5 times a week; wash and DC weekly, leave in spritz, seal with different oils and shea butter

4. Goal(s) : first goal: shoulder length

Edited to add:
5. Current pic or pic of BC: my current pic is my profile pic

nice to meet you ladies and all the best on your journey

I finally got pictures of my sisters hair. I am so jealous. My mom said my curl pattern is looser than hers. This is hers m/s'd wash and go.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
[USER=386949 said:
kennylee2013[/USER];18305627]Hi everyone: I am joining this group as I just did the BC two days ago....so here goes

BC date: 23/4/2013

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: not sure...i think 4a/b

3. Reggie/Products: i cowash 4/5 times a week; wash and DC weekly, leave in spritz, seal with different oils and shea butter

4. Goal(s) : first goal: shoulder length

Edited to add:
5. Current pic or pic of BC: my current pic is my profile pic

nice to meet you ladies and all the best on your journey

Welcome. Glad to have you!

I tried the LOC method recently and I've noticed my hair is moisturized continuously for days. I was always skeptical of following an oil with a cream but I guess it works :drunk:

But I've noticed my roots stay damp a lot longer so I'm wondering if I've got too much moisture going on. I would like to add a protein condish to the rotation and I'm between one from Komaza and one on etsy.

I canceled my appointment for a haircut at the salon to go to my much cheaper barber :look: She's very good so I'd rather save my money for a bit. I can always go to the salon later if I feel I need to. Gonna dye my hair this weekend too. :grin:

Slowly getting back into twistouts too. I've made the decision to officially stop cutting my hair so I'm going to start doing scalp massages and taking supplements again.

Hi ladies! I just did my BC on Wednesday so here goes:

BC Date: 4/24/13

Hair Type: 4A, looser curls in the crown section

Regimen: Co wash daily with VO5 conditioner, oil with Castor and Coconut oils, DC with Trader Joes Nourish Conditioner (still trying products out) spritz with water and alternate between Ecostyle Argan Oil Gel and Long Aid Curl Activator

Goals: Looking to grow my hair naturally without permanent straightening & just have fun with my new journey! Going to add color this weekend!

Pic is included! So excited!

image-125679038.jpg

image-3250510977.jpg

Last edited:
Back