TWA Support Thread

My twa is getting bigger but I am really ready for some extra inches.

Well you and i both. I just want 3 more inches to make styling easier. Then i don't care how fast my hair grows. A long as it's healthy and is not breaking, i will be ok.

Well you and i both. I just want 3 more inches to make styling easier. Then i don't care how fast my hair grows. A long as it's healthy and is not breaking, i will be ok.

I need more than that :lol: 3 more inches will definitely make styling easier. But give me 6 than I can rest :yep:. That is bun city for me.

Speaking of inches :)

Wore a flat twist out today and noticed that the back is hanging and rubbing against my collar! Well well... i will now have to keep the back up so that budding hang-time wont break off.

Thanks LHCF for that bit of knowledge! Cuz like ususal, in 6 months Idda been wondering why my hair hasnt grown not knowing that clothes snap off ends!

My hair at this length straightens out pretty well from the slicking of phony ponies. But the stretching gives me a better idea of my current length. I wouldn't mind wearing my hair down straightened but I don't think I can do all that heat. Not after undoing do many years of brainwashing thinking I HAD to wear my hair straight you know.

ForumRunner_20130324_202548.jpg

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Time to kick momo out!! Lol.

Lovely hair, dear. When i get to that length, i am cutting into a sharp bob.

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

I'm happy to say that I have been wearing my twist/braid outs without headband and I like it. I also rocked a curly fro, but I added a little flower only cause I was volunteering at a pediatric center that day. The kids really liked my hair, and the flower. One of the little girl's mom said I make the place look like we were on vacation in the Caribbean somewhere. Here are some pictures. To another week of beautiful TWAs.

image-1497372741.jpg

image-1224953037.jpg

image-3393726630.jpg

image-1384496892.jpg

After watching 100 YT videos, I decided to try my Ian flat twist. Did not do bad for a first time. Excuse the craziness in the back. I was getting tired and this part is shorter and for some reason so awkward to twist. I will try to wear it out to work tonight. Will post pictures good or bad. If anything I will just put it in a puff. Wish me luck.

image-3409306655.jpg

image-2082111688.jpg

image-556672570.jpg

ronie. Your curls look nice. What did you use on your twist out in the pics? Your flat twists are coming along nice. They are good enough to do a flat twist out. And you will be really good at it soon enough with some practice :yep:

Ok the curls came out a bit too defined. Maybe I will try making my flat twists bigger next time. And my parting really killed it. There was no way to repart the hair once I unraveled the twists.

image-3176276921.jpg

How I actually left the house

image-1636932394.jpg

The back

image-3363842464.jpg

Halfway through taking them down

ronie. Your curls look nice. What did you use on your twist out in the pics? Your flat twists are coming along nice. They are good enough to do a flat twist out. And you will be really good at it soon enough with some practice :yep:

Thanks faithVA. I used the Shea moisture curl and style milk as my leave in and moisturizer. I sealed with wheat germ oil ( just a little bit cause the smell is a bit strong). I twisted with qhemet amla nourishing pomade. That's how I always do my twists. Sometimes I use just my leave in then the oil and the qhemet. When I do it on dry hair I skip the oil, cause then my hair is not freshly wash, and too much layering will make it dull.

Last edited:
Ooooo. So my scarf slipped off last night. Was sleeping with my hair buttered and loose from yesterdays flat twist out. Thought id have a nightmare when I got up.

Ha! Best and easiest 2ND day hair! Olive oil and ran my fingers thru it. Wish it was always that easy.

I'm really considering flat ironing my hair and seeing if I like wearing it out like that.

I just have to make sure I don't heat damage it. Figure I can flat iron once a week and just wrap it at night

What are your thoughts guys?

I'm really considering flat ironing my hair and seeing if I like wearing it out like that.

I just have to make sure I don't heat damage it. Figure I can flat iron once a week and just wrap it at night

From what I've seen of your hair you could probably rollerset it just as easily and get it straight without any heat damage unless you are just trying to wear it straight.

If you aren't trying to gain length, then flat ironing once a week will work. There are very few women who can flat iron that often and grow it out.

Oh *** these ppl at work. Today it's all about the flat twist out puff! Not properly fluffed in the pic but there it is.

ForumRunner_20130328_090702.jpg

it depends on what it takes to wear your hair straight. for me, the manipulation would be the problem not necessarily the heat.

no one is taking my hair advice irl seriously right now guys :lol: i was all like "deep condition blah blah blah" to a friend yesterday and she was looking at me all skeptical. i'm like umm hello i had hair just a few months ago i may be baldheadded now but i didn't forget :lol:

it depends on what it takes to wear your hair straight. for me, the manipulation would be the problem not necessarily the heat.

no one is taking my hair advice irl seriously right now guys :lol: i was all like "deep condition blah blah blah" to a friend yesterday and she was looking at me all skeptical. i'm like umm hello i had hair just a few months ago i may be baldheadded now but i didn't forget :lol:

You bald headed. You know you don't know what you are talkn bout :lol:

Oh *** these ppl at work. Today it's all about the flat twist out puff! Not properly fluffed in the pic but there it is.

I love it! =D

Girl same here! Nan-nobody wants to listen to me now! And I'm.always like "hello! Mc Fly! I was tbl natural and you saw it!"

But its ok, when I'm tbl again and they're still at a chopped up sl they'll be back asking for advise they won't take cause "that's too much work" or "well that probably works for your hair but my hair is different"

Heifer! I share a lot of the same practices as girls with 4b-z hair and I read their stories! Tell me I don't know!

Sorry... Litter flash back vent there lol

From what I've seen of your hair you could probably rollerset it just as easily and get it straight without any heat damage unless you are just trying to wear it straight.

If you aren't trying to gain length, then flat ironing once a week will work. There are very few women who can flat iron that often and grow it out.

Roller setting would work but I want it straight and I have never figured out wet wrapping. Though now my hair is shorter it might work.,

I'll try that before flat ironing.

But my hair actually grows fairly well with heat as long as I pay very close attention to the temp and frequency. I thinks its because wearing my hair straight leads to less manipulation, at least at my longer lengths it did. I would often trade in that reggie for the winter time.

I stopped cause I was lazy but my hair retained the same with the same twice a year trim...

But right now I am kinda refusing to trim so I dunno.... I will play around with it and see what happens

So I put the hot comb to my head on low heat so my hair isn't crazy straight but now I can get a real input on what length I'm hanging around

20130328121526512-1.jpg

20130328192009306-1.jpg

PS. Y'all still ain't getting rid of my til I'm apl!

So I put the hot comb to my head on low heat so my hair isn't crazy straight but now I can get a real input on what length I'm hanging around

PS. Y'all still ain't getting rid of my til I'm apl!

I say momo gotta go, lol. Great job. You still have some curls going on so I m sure you re already sl if you pull on your hair. I hope to be that length in september when I flat iron

I'm not ready for the sl challenge! I think I'm hovering around nl but I still don't know.

But my hair is no where close to my shoulder blades so Mo stays here!

I scared!

[USER=95107 said:
Mz.MoMo5235[/USER];18151475]I'm not ready for the sl challenge! I think I'm hovering around nl but I still don't know.

But my hair is no where close to my shoulder blades so Mo stays here!

I scared!

You are definitely NL.

So what's your plan? You are going to go to the SL challenge after you reach SL? :look: :lol:

Looking at the striped shirt you have on in your pic, You probably only have about 4" to SL. SL on you is probably that 2nd full solid gray line. I'm guessing of course since I can't see the rest of the shirt but I think that is close. Even if it is a little more you will be SL sometime this year.

Back