TWA Support Thread

The blonde!! Figured out how to attach pics.
SO said i looked like a skripper named Ginger or something. lmao. First i buy a skripper wig then i did skripper blonde. 2013=the height of rocky91's skripper career.

IMG_20130222_220304.jpg

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

So I've been mia as usual to ignore the hair. That was the technique that got me to tlb so it will be what gets me there again! *hazah*

Everyone has been posting some nice hair pix I'm loving the twist outs and all that you guys are posting.

I'm still in my phony pony. Except weekends, unless I have a date, then I'm in the phony. If not I just wear my puggle... That's what I've named my pony, cause it looks like a pug tail lol.

I will admit the phony helps me a lot because I just couldn't deal with my hair any more at this length. I just have no clue how to style it. So I stick with my reggie and forget about it :)

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Well I got enough hair to put it curlformers. I used the short and narrow. It super stretched my hair so much, it reminds me of why I hate relaxers on me (besides the burn and whatnot). Fine whispy hair that just kind of goes flat after a while. Nothing wrong with my hair, it's just genetics.

However, with it this straight, I can see my ends are doing much better than I thought! I think I worry too much about it. It looks good n healthy.

thinking about a touch up on the roots....never knew I had so much gray hair O_o tonight will do Aphogee protein and DC then get color done next weekend. have also put off trimming since hair was colored so will see if i can talk my way through just trimming the ends. i'm noticing a few ssks, but that's it. normally, i'm ready to shave it all off again.

still cowashing, leave in, gel, oil. my hair is really happy and i like the way it looks and feels. i've tried cowashing before and it didn't seem to work, but this time around--perhaps i did the right combination of protein/moisture, along with the initial chop that got rid of every last bit of damaged hair. it wasn't about starting over, but starting over RIGHT.

:yay: Glad you don't have to start over :yay: And that it is going so well.

The blonde!! Figured out how to attach pics.
SO said i looked like a skripper named Ginger or something. lmao. First i buy a skripper wig then i did skripper blonde. 2013=the height of rocky91's skripper career.

View attachment 198801

Buy your mom a car with all the money you make and she will love the blonde :lol:

Well I got enough hair to put it curlformers. I used the short and narrow. It super stretched my hair so much, it reminds me of why I hate relaxers on me (besides the burn and whatnot). Fine whispy hair that just kind of goes flat after a while. Nothing wrong with my hair, it's just genetics.

However, with it this straight, I can see my ends are doing much better than I thought! I think I worry too much about it. It looks good n healthy.

Where the pixs at young lady?

So happy for you DarkJoy. I watch nikkimae2003's tutorial a thousand times. She did it at 16 month post relaxer, so i hope i will be able to achieve the style in June which will be 16 months since my last relaxer. Can't wait. Would love to see your pictures missy. And any tips you can share with us, products used, style options and all.
I also love this other video done by br0nzeqt.

Funny! I DID take pics with the curlformers in but because I wasnt thrilled with the results I didnt take a followup pic. I will next time, though.

Speaking of, OMG! @roni, this nikkimae (thanks for posting that)is pretty close to my hair twin! All that fine fine 4c hair with zero curl definition!!!! Her curlformers result was like mine except her hair is longer.

this finger detangling video freaked me out! her ends are exactly like mine too. those fine little coilies at the tips I'm always snipping off thinking my hair is damaged...but as I started to figure, its probaby this particular texture. oh lawd...

I'm scared. I aint gonna have time for that with kids and a life and whatnot...makes me wanna run to a texturizer or keep it short :perplexed:

Funny! I DID take pics with the curlformers in but because I wasnt thrilled with the results I didnt take a followup pic. I will next time, though.

Speaking of, OMG! @roni, this nikkimae (thanks for posting that)is pretty close to my hair twin! All that fine fine 4c hair with zero curl definition!!!! Her curlformers result was like mine except her hair is longer.

this finger detangling video freaked me out! her ends are exactly like mine too. those fine little coilies at the tips I'm always snipping off thinking my hair is damaged...but as I started to figure, its probaby this particular texture. oh lawd...

I'm scared. I aint gonna have time for that with kids and a life and whatnot...makes me wanna run to a texturizer or keep it short :perplexed:

Happy you liked the video. Her hair is nothing like mines, but i love her tutorials and her hair so much. Everytime i get discouraged i watch that curlformers video or her chunky twistout videos. For some reason these 2 always give me back life, and encourage me to keep going. I am 13 month post relaxer, so i guess i feel these styles are so closed. Can't wait.
And yeah, it's probably the texture. If i had that txture i wouldn't grow my hair past brastrap without relaxing:lol:. But i hope you find a way to manage it that fits in your lifestyle, so you can enjoy your hair rather then be frustrated by it.

Hey ladies!! Newly natural as of March 8, 2013 .

Please provide:

1. BC date
March 8, 2013 transitioned for 15.5 months.

2. Hair type/ describe your hair
Thick, very coily, I would say 4C

3. Reggie/Products

Twist during the week- Wear out on weekends.
Detangle, DC, Shampoo- Biweekly- Trying to figure out what to use
Flat Twist up-do to keep in for 2 weeks out of the month
Moisturize daily
Oil scalp every other day

4. Goal(s)
I don't have any length goals really. Just to avoid as many SSK's and tangles as possible!

Edited to add:
5. Current pic or pic of BC
in avatar- but will attach

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 45
Does anyone have any Deep Conditioner recommendations? I currently have ORS replenishing pack, but I haven't used it on my all natural hair yet.
I am looking for a most natural DC with no protein in it.

TIA!

Aubrey organics products work great. Though, with the size of that puff, I'd hardly consider it a TWA!

Aubrey organics products work great. Though, with the size of that puff, I'd hardly consider it a TWA!

Thank you! I forgot about AO. I actually liked Honeysuckle Rose. I'm ordering some today!

Lol.. I just figured since it isn't long yet, it's considered a twa.

MsDee14 I know you ain't trying to join this thread with that big puff:look:. Just kidding, just kidding. Welcome, but really you might be getting the side eye up in here with all that hair.
As for natural deep conditioners, i personally have not found the ONE. But i do like naturellegrow slippery elm or herbal blends, bee mine beutiful deep conditioners. Aubrey organics anything gave me hard crunchy hair. I tried to force them on my hair cause everybody loves them, but i ended up with broken dry hair. Lately to use up my natural DC stash, i add about 1 table spoon of melted murumuru butter, and some other oils my hair loves. After i am done with them, i am going back to using my salon brand deep conditioners. The only natural DC that did my hair awesome was anita grant rhassoul DC. But it is too dang expensive, messy, and time consuming. And i like to DC twice a week, but it is recommended for once a month. I still do it monthly but i have to DC at least once a week. Hope you find something you like soon, and again welcome.

ronie lol! I used to lurk in this thread like everyday when transitioning.. So I already feel part of it.
I still feel like I have a twa, so I'll stick around :look:

Thanks for the recommendations! I never tried Beemine and will look into naturallegrow.
I watched some reviews on Anita Grant rhassoul and everyone seemed to love it.

Oh lawd I feel a PJ relapse coming. Lol

I will not tolerate her participation in this thread. Hmph. Coming in here with a whole a$$ luscious puff...meanwhile i'm praying for my first inch to sprout.

Lol j/k hun-your hair is lovely:)

I'm thinkin Mz.MoMo5235 is about to be graduating from the TWA Club too! Dang! :lol: Both you ladies have lovely hair! Yes, me jelly... :)

As much as mine shrinks, I'll be in the TWA club until stretched length is MBL :look: :wallbash:

Lmao!!
Thanks for slapping me back to reality.

Ok..ok, back to lurking

Or I'll just come back with pics fresh out the shower

Last edited:
[USER said:
MsDee14;18050551[/USER]]Lmao!!
Thanks for slapping me back to reality.

Ok..ok, back to lurking

Or I'll just come back with pics fresh out the shower

Aw don't lurk. We were just funnin' :yep: We would love the extra company. Come on back MsDee

Considering the resent posts I was wondering: At what point do I stop having a TWA? Is it when my shrunken fro gets past the 3"-4" mark? Does it count that my last length check my hair in the front was touching my lips and side my color bone when stretched? I'll be 1 yr natural in April. It feels like I've had a TWA forever.:spinning:

[USER=337891 said:
Cruzankink[/USER];18052197]Considering the resent posts I was wondering: At what point do I stop having a TWA? Is it when my shrunken fro gets past the 3"-4" mark? Does it count that my last length check my hair in the front was touching my lips and side my color bone when stretched? I'll be 1 yr natural in April. It feels like I've had a TWA forever.:spinning:

I consider it a twa when it doesn't reach any other length goal like NL, or SL. And that is based on what section I am using for that measure. But once I reach NL, stretched, I will no longer count my hair as a twa.

I usually start measuring about 1" to 2" below my crown. Usually around NL, my hair starts to hang a bit and I can wear it some other way vs. just a fro.

Considering the resent posts I was wondering: At what point do I stop having a TWA? Is it when my shrunken fro gets past the 3"-4" mark? Does it count that my last length check my hair in the front was touching my lips and side my color bone when stretched? I'll be 1 yr natural in April. It feels like I've had a TWA forever.:spinning:
:blush: Well then technically Cruzankink you skipped right past NL & SL and when straight to CBL! lol. Congrats.

I know how you feel about the shrunken thing and TWA-ness of it. Technically, stretched I'm almost full NL now with the back layers touching SL. *shrugs* I still stick around here because that's not even enough to pull into a bun without a bunch of bobby pins to keep the sides and back from stickin out--a style which I'm sporting today with a phony bun btw :lol:

I really don't know what length I'm at. The pic posted was of my fro picked out. With shrinkage my fro doesn't touch anything but my ears lol

Stretched though, still not sure. My crown reaches the top of my ears, the front/bang area reaches the tip of my nose and the back/nape area reaches my clavicle bone when my head is turned to the side.

So that's where I'm at *Kanye shrug*

Do after going through done of the other challenge threads I've decided you guys are stuck with me til apl

All the other lengths confuse me o_O

Back