TWA Support Thread

can't brush my fade down anymore, so i'm wearing it with a little gel swirled in for the "curls."
just gotta stay out of the barber chair....

Puff is my fave go-to style at the moment. I've given up on moisturizers and just seal wet hair with castor oil
Love your puff APrayer4Hair! It's so full and thick! And I hear ya on the moisturizers. I dont even bother anymore and I'm growing and retaining just fine now that I've found other products my hair likes... they're not for everyone.

OAN: Making an experiment today.

Experiment: Curlformers #2 (yes, there will be pics!)

This time I will not use a setting lotion. Only doing this for stretch to make bunning easier (yes HanaKuroi, I will put satin around it to protect that baby bun! lol). I will try it with flax seed gel and my butter blend and spritz with teas to keep it wet while setting.

I need some support! :spinning:

I BC'd on 10/28/12 and I have noooo idea what to do. Since it's still freezing out here (NYC is having some crazy temp changes now), I've been keeping my hair braided under wigs.

I haven't taken any new pics since October. I plan on taking some the beginning of April.:look:

Attachments

• IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 30
I need some support! :spinning:

I BC'd on 10/28/12 and I have noooo idea what to do. Since it's still freezing out here (NYC is having some crazy temp changes now), I've been keeping my hair braided under wigs.

I haven't taken any new pics since October. I plan on taking some the beginning of April.:look:

We are here for you MsKikiStar. What is it that you want to do?

There is nothing wrong with wiggin it for a while.

I took some pictures before I started my new moisturizing program. Want to see if I can track my progress visually. So here is my twa now. It's 6 months after my bc, but I think I have dusted 4 times. Hopefully I won't have to do that for a while.

PreMoistLeft (634x640).jpg

DSCN0648 (640x633).jpg

Here is my curlformers set. I slept in them:

50 formers used. The parts were big because the intention was to stretch not wear as a style.
ForumRunner_20130319_102516.jpg

Stretched to the roots!
ForumRunner_20130319_102600.jpg

After I fluffed it out I liked it enough to just wear to work for the day. This was not the final look but you get the idea. It now looks like a longer curly pixie.
ForumRunner_20130319_102626.jpg

Products used: flax seed gel, tea spritz with evoo and grapeseed oils.

Here is my curlformers set. I slept in them:

50 formers used. The parts were big because the intention was to stretch not wear as a style.
View attachment 200207

Stretched to the roots!
View attachment 200209

After I fluffed it out I liked it enough to just wear to work for the day. This was not the final look but you get the idea. It now looks like a longer curly pixie.
View attachment 200211

Products used: flax seed gel, tea spritz with evoo and grapeseed oils.

Girl you are good to sleep in those. I think I have used mine 2x in 4 years.

Lol. They dont really bother me unless they are too tight. Had to loosen some last night.

Hell, I'm just glad to see that my hair is going halfway down the former! :lol:

If I'm gonna do this more often, I will need to get the Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade for reversion control. Because of COURSE it starts to drizzle outside just as I step out the car at work. :wallbash: Glad I brought a hat!

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];18091249]Lol. They dont really bother me unless they are too tight. Had to loosen some last night.

Hell, I'm just glad to see that my hair is going halfway down the former! :lol:

If I'm gonna do this more often, I will need to get the Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade for reversion control. Because of COURSE it starts to drizzle outside just as I step out the car at work. :wallbash: Glad I brought a hat!

What style did you wear?

I fluffed & separated them a lot and just wore it as it. I like it better at this length. I tried it when it was shorter but with the hair taperd behind the ears it didnt look right on me. Now that my hair is sticking out from behind my ears, it's a cute curly pixie with the formers! Adding this to my repertoire of regular styles once the Aveda gets here.

That hair hiding behind your ears is a real style killer. Mine is slowly coming out, and it makes everything look much better. I think you dud a great job. I hope I can get my hair that straight or very close.

It really does kill the style. Just looks unbalanced.

Ugh. It started raining which just murdered my curl formers set. I revert too fast! Tomorrow is my work Friday. Will try to hold out to tomorrow night before cowashing.

We are here for you MsKikiStar. What is it that you want to do?

There is nothing wrong with wiggin it for a while.

Now that it's supposed to snow 2 more times within the next week, I will definitely continue to keep wiggin it. This weather is crazy :fistshake:

I guess my main issue lately has been knowing if I need to trim or up the moisture. The back section of my hair tangles so much and feels a lot rougher at the ends. Is that because that section is 4A, while the front-middle is 3C?

[USER=190014 said:
MsKikiStar[/USER];18101139]Now that it's supposed to snow 2 more times within the next week, I will definitely continue to keep wiggin it. This weather is crazy :fistshake:

I guess my main issue lately has been knowing if I need to trim or up the moisture. The back section of my hair tangles so much and feels a lot rougher at the ends. Is that because that section is 4A, while the front-middle is 3C?

If it's been 8 or more weeks since your last dusting you may need to dust again. But since you are saying it is so dry, you may want to increase your moisture. Rough ends could just be dry ends. If you twist the hair and it tangles when you try to separate it, then you need to dust.

Girl I don't know nothing bout no 3C hair :lol: But keeping it moisturized and keeping the ends in good shape should help with the tangles.

Moisturizing and sealing my hair and ends and retwisting every night. It is taking some commitment. But I only have 3 weeks left to go before I re-evaluate. My hair is feeling better and my ends are holding in there. Hopefully they can hold out until I dust in May. Started NJoy's growth oil this week as well. I will do my 1st qtr length check next Sunday. Not expecting to see any difference from the start since I have been trimming away bad ends.

My wet set died with the rain. Couldn't hold out due to work so did a flat twist out. Wow.

So much easier! It took about 20 small twists after the bc. Now about 6 gets the job done better. And it only takes half an hour!

Even tho my back layers are barely at shoulders I will still call it nl. My sides and crown are at my ears :s will have to trim out these layers. Don't like them this deep.

My wet set died with the rain. Couldn't hold out due to work so did a flat twist out. Wow.

So much easier! It took about 20 small twists after the bc. Now about 6 gets the job done better. And it only takes half an hour!

Even tho my back layers are barely at shoulders I will still call it nl. My sides and crown are at my ears :s will have to trim out these layers. Don't like them this deep.

I know being able to flat twist has to feel good. I know it makes things so much easier. I will appreciate it when I am there again :yep:

You will be there soon faithVA! And as much as you complain about your fro, I gotta say from the last pics in this thread it looks sooooooooooo good! You've been doing a good job IMHO.

Been lurking the SL thread btw, but afraid to join you guys feeling like I'll fail and not make it by the end of the year! :look:

You will be there soon faithVA! And as much as you complain about your fro, I gotta say from the last pics in this thread it looks sooooooooooo good! You've been doing a good job IMHO.

Been lurking the SL thread btw, but afraid to join you guys feeling like I'll fail and not make it by the end of the year! :look:

When it comes to my head I am a master complainer :lol: I love to play in my head (wash, condition, etc) but I hate to style it :nono: Probably because it takes so long, like you said.

Thank you for the encouragement/compliment. It is looking better. And someone at work said it was growing out :look: I think because I don't hide it at all, I'm not notice differences.

Please join the SL thread. Your hair is longer than mine. I don't think I will make it by year end but I know I will be closer. Something on me is going to graze SL :lol: You know I just love company.

But I understand if you want to wait. It's not truly a goal for me. It just helps to post to keep me from going crazy.

Hey ladies, how's it going?
I'm back at the scalpy curls sproutin stage of fade grow out lol this is when i can't hide how fine my hair is.
It's cute tho-i rinsed it jet black and it's mad shiny

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

ooooo thanks Rocky91...! And what a price! Makes me wanna...but evertime color meets my strands it's break city. I really like to think about it though...maybe someday. Hell, the price is right for that one!

Thinking about going for a haircut. My hair is growing out and the difference in textures really messes up the "landscape" for me.

Idk whether to go for the cut now or wear braids for a few weeks and then get it cut.

Back