TWA Support Thread

I was looking at my siggy and I mention twa, EL, NL as length goals :look: So I guess I am technically at EL, with 80% of my hair at EL. My crown is just touching the top of my ear. The rest of my hair comes to the bottom of my ear. I will hold off changing my status though until the end of April.

Cowashed tonight with a mix of conditioners. It took me 45 minutes to twist up. Hopefully by the summer, I can reduce that time. But it's feeling better and looking better. So I'm happy :yep:

I was blonde for a day lmao. my mom got soo heated-i mean she really, really hated it.
since I only have a few months left living at home (if all goes as planned), i pick my battles. so i said, fine, it's bothering you, i'll dye it back.
and then i went and got another haircut. :look:
i think i'm done now. I think i'm gonna start the growing process now. i think. :look:

I so hate this awkward stage. I feel like cutting my hair back down to a 3 inch twa, but what will that do? I will be back here in a few months.
I need to go wig shopping before i cut off all my progress.

Thanks so much, well hubby is filipino but born and raised in UK his natural hair is very similar to mine (strange I know!) coarse but kinky im grateful he supports me in my decision to be healthy and natural too :) after all if he couldn't accept me for the way I am (without relaxer and makeup) than I wouldn't be with him!

:) just hope I will have a big sexy curly afro in no time! My hair is already at half an inch (its growing like mad - my secret is carrot juice with ginger) home made! Its good for digestion, skin, nails, metabolism and of course hair growth!

:D

I learned my damn lesson. I got tired of my TWA, so I went to the salon for a relaxer. Now I look like I have a blown out TWA. Just wow.

All in all, I still have a TWA, just relaxed and 1 inch all around. Do I treat my hair like it's still a TWA? I assume when new growth comes in, it's gonna look a hot mess. I'm not sure what to do. LOL.

I learned my damn lesson. I got tired of my TWA, so I went to the salon for a relaxer. Now I look like I have a blown out TWA. Just wow.

All in all, I still have a TWA, just relaxed and 1 inch all around. Do I treat my hair like it's still a TWA? I assume when new growth comes in, it's gonna look a hot mess. I'm not sure what to do. LOL.

Ohh...that's a weird length to be relaxed. I say try to get some funky/edgy styles for now and see what your hair likes. Did you wet you hair very day while natural? Cowash? I would recommend low manipulation for a week or so since its freshly relaxed and then a protein treatment like aphogee 2 minute

Didn't you just have braids? Girl you are all over the place with your hair in such a short period of time.

The short lived blonde.

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

ETA: i thought i attached a pic. ugh i have to try again.

Last edited:
Yes i do hope so faithVA.
kupenda girl last night was my last day after a whole week of vacation, back to work this weekend so i had to be all out, lol.
And this twistout is special to me cause, i originally had a part in the middle and 2 cute pins. Then DH came and said: "i like it better when you have it more fro-like". I was like what do you mean? And he came and fluffed up the front and middle part. This is a man that tortured me to relax my hair while transitioning:lachen:. Since i BC last month, he has never made any comment good or bad about my hair, and i never asked. I always wished i was one of these lucky girls whose partners were all excited about their BC, but babystep. I added the little headband cause i'm not comfortable wearing my twistout as is yet:nono:.

Last edited:
Yes i do hope so @faithVA.
@kupenda girl last night was my last day after a whole week of vacation, back to work this weekend so i had to be all out, lol.
And this twistout is special to me cause, i originally had a part in the middle and 2 cute pins. Then DH came and said: "i like it better when you have it more fro-like". I was like what do you mean? And he came and fluffed up the front and middle part. This is a man that tortured me to relax my hair while transitioning:lachen:. Since i BC last month, he has never made any comment good or bad about my hair, and i never asked. I always wished i was one of these lucky girls whose partners were all excited about their BC, but babystep. I added the little headband cause i'm not comfortable wearing my twistout as is yet:nono:.

Awww that's cute, that he came and fluffed up your hair. I feel all mushy inside :lol:

It's wash day, so washed with Wen 613 and DCing now. Still getting some breakage, so hopefully I will figure out how to get that under control this month.

I will just twist it up tonight and wear a twist out and then cowash when I need to refresh my twist out.

Checking In...I am 12 weeks post texlax. I have an appointment this week at a salon. Here is pic from January 2013.

I am still trimming off bone straight relaxed ends with each visit :nono:. I hate to trim at each visit but the bad ends just causes problems with every day styling.

Attachments

• DC Lise Watier Powder Dior & LOreal Foundation 011.jpg
    DC Lise Watier Powder Dior & LOreal Foundation 011.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 53
^^Cute hair

Thanks faiitVA..how goes it? I am looking forward to the weather warming up. I was in Mexico recently and hair was soft like butta :yep:. Then I came back to the deep freeze (Canada) and my hair immediately dried up. Moisture, moisture, moisture is my mantra in the winter time.

I so hate this awkward stage. I feel like cutting my hair back down to a 3 inch twa, but what will that do? I will be back here in a few months.
I need to go wig shopping before i cut off all my progress.

Nooooo. Wait it out. This is the hardest part and it gets better each day :yep:. You are doing great already. This is my 3rd TWA and it grows back. Trust me.

Thanks faiitVA..how goes it? I am looking forward to the weather warming up. I was in Mexico recently and hair was soft like butta :yep:. Then I came back to the deep freeze (Canada) and my hair immediately dried up. Moisture, moisture, moisture is my mantra in the winter time.

I am awaiting warmer weather as well. It is coming :yep:

thinking about a touch up on the roots....never knew I had so much gray hair O_o tonight will do Aphogee protein and DC then get color done next weekend. have also put off trimming since hair was colored so will see if i can talk my way through just trimming the ends. i'm noticing a few ssks, but that's it. normally, i'm ready to shave it all off again.

still cowashing, leave in, gel, oil. my hair is really happy and i like the way it looks and feels. i've tried cowashing before and it didn't seem to work, but this time around--perhaps i did the right combination of protein/moisture, along with the initial chop that got rid of every last bit of damaged hair. it wasn't about starting over, but starting over RIGHT.

Checking In...I am 12 weeks post texlax. I have an appointment this week at a salon. Here is pic from January 2013.

I am still trimming off bone straight relaxed ends with each visit :nono:. I hate to trim at each visit but the bad ends just causes problems with every day styling.

That twa looks so juicy.

Back