TWA Support Thread

I bought a wig yesterday.
There must have been something they have in the BSS lights that makes u think u look like a movie star cause now in the light of my own bathroom i think i look ridiculous!! Or like a stripper actually..

But ah well no refunds...guess i'll find some use for it.

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

I have had that same experience :lol: I get home and I've bought one of those role playing wigs :nono:

Sorry I've been MIA but quick update! My twa is growing & I'm in box braids for a month or two then it's weave or back to wigs! I use castor oil & a spray daily on my scalp (water, coconut oil, glycerin mix, tea tree oil).

Attachments

• 0103130504a.jpg
    0103130504a.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 0103130915a.jpg
    0103130915a.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 0103131144.jpg
    0103131144.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 46
Sorry I've been MIA but quick update! My twa is growing & I'm in box braids for a month or two then it's weave or back to wigs! I use castor oil & a spray daily on my scalp (water, coconut oil, glycerin mix, tea tree oil).

I love your braids!!!!!

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

I've been natural for almost two years, but when my hair is shrunken, it still appears to be a TWA. However, the back of my hair when stretched, touches my collarbone. The sides touch my shoulders. The front touches my nose.

I also have what I call the "big head, long neck syndrome," which can make your hair seem shorter than others with smaller heads and shorter necks. :grin:

1. BC date: April 1, 2011

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: 4B/4C -- Currently shoulder length when fully stretched

3. Reggie/Products: Moisturize daily. Twist nightly. Deep condition weekly. Detangle monthly. Trim hair by the moon. Products: Shea Moisture and Giovanni

4. Goal(s): to grow hair to my waist and beyond.

Attachments

• Photo 232.jpg
    Photo 232.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Photo 231.jpg
    Photo 231.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 28
Tried to do finger coils today...epic fail. I'll try again this weekend

ETA Pic:

image-1146317141.jpg

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE (or laugh)

Last edited:
My boyfriend lined up my nape with the clippers so i don't look all crazy back there. :)

I am almost at an inch, i think.
How many inches do you guys think i need for braids? Maybe 3-4? That's the plan...i think i will be getting bored right about that time and then i'll get braids.

Have you ladies seen the new Shea Moisture items? They have a cowash, mousse, and like five other things I'm interested in. I didn't buy them because I have products already on the way. But I'm excited!

My boyfriend lined up my nape with the clippers so i don't look all crazy back there. :)

I am almost at an inch, i think.
How many inches do you guys think i need for braids? Maybe 3-4? That's the plan...i think i will be getting bored right about that time and then i'll get braids.

You can definitely get braids at 3". My former stylist said she can do hair at 1/2" but 1.5 is definitely doable. If they can't do 2" of hair, pass them by and go to the next person.

Have you ladies seen the new Shea Moisture items? They have a cowash, mousse, and like five other things I'm interested in. I didn't buy them because I have products already on the way. But I'm excited!

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a link? I would like to check out the cowash. I am thinking about Hair One but would like to see the ingredient list of the Shea Moisture before I buy. Wish they had samples.

Trying to be patient but this BC is not like the previous ones. Breakage! Mother****ing breakage!!! And the breakage has splits at the end >:-( My hair won't stay moisturized! WTH?!?! WoOO!!! Ready to give up on this ish...if I was STILL going to go through this whole breakage/split crap then I would have never BC the first time AND I would have kept that bomb hair color in. >:-(

Rant Over.

Trying to be patient but this BC is not like the previous ones. Breakage! Mother****ing breakage!!! And the breakage has splits at the end >:-( My hair won't stay moisturized! WTH?!?! WoOO!!! Ready to give up on this ish...if I was STILL going to go through this whole breakage/split crap then I would have never BC the first time AND I would have kept that bomb hair color in. >:-(

Rant Over.

We need to figure out the problem. What do you think is going on?

Do you have your protein straight?
Have you clarified recently?

We need to figure out the problem. What do you think is going on?

Do you have your protein straight?
Have you clarified recently?

I really have no idea, Faith.

I have my protein conditioners/treatments, I clarify, I moisturize, seal...all that good stuff.

The ONLY two things I think it could possibly be is hard water or the fact that it's dry in/outside the house. My mum is sending me a humidifier...I'll see if that helps at all. :ohwell:

Besides that, I don't manipulate my hair, I don't comb through it like mad, I moisturize and seal twice daily, and I co-wash. IDK what is going on :nono:

I would say your dryness and splits might be seasonal. Idk where you are but the air here has been dryer than normal so I am protective styling till spring.... I was starting to have breakage despite monthly Dusting. It had to be put away.

Maybe try all day moisture DC?

I would say your dryness and splits might be seasonal. Idk where you are but the air here has been dryer than normal so I am protective styling till spring.... I was starting to have breakage despite monthly Dusting. It had to be put away.

Maybe try all day moisture DC?

That could be it..I live in Germany and its dry inside and cold outside. What DC would you recommend? DarkJoy I used the mixed chicks leave in but the 2nd ingredient is glycerine. I use giovanni direct leave in, hawaiian silky, jane carter nourish and shine...*sigh*

Through dry weather you need to eliminate glycerin. Aubrey organics blue chamomile is excellent. Faithva hipped me to that one.

Heavy sealing might also be necessary to hold that moisture in like butters or grease.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a link? I would like to check out the cowash. I am thinking about Hair One but would like to see the ingredient list of the Shea Moisture before I buy. Wish they had samples.

I saw them at target but I will look online for a link when I get back to my computer

DarkJoy did you mean using the Aubrey organics blue chamomile conditioner as a leave in?

I am curious too. I use it as a DC. I know DivaChyk uses it as a leave-in.

I agree with DarkJoy though, if the weather is really cold and dry then you need to put any glycerin containing products on the shelf.

I have been rinsing out the conditioner, bagging for 15 minutes, sealing with the Nourish and Shine and then applying my leave-in or moisturizer over that. That has been working well. But it isn't as cold here. You may have to do a LOLC or some variation.

I agree with DarkJoy though, if the weather is really cold and dry then you need to put any glycerin containing products on the shelf.

I have been rinsing out the conditioner, bagging for 15 minutes, sealing with the Nourish and Shine and then applying my leave-in or moisturizer over that. That has been working well. But it isn't as cold here. You may have to do a LOLC or some variation.

LOLC??? faithVA

What if i went back to my glycerin products after I receive my humidifier? do you think that would help?

LOLC??? faithVA

What if i went back to my glycerin products after I receive my humidifier? do you think that would help?

faithVA DarkJoy CurlsOnFire23

I used undiluted AOWC and AOHSR as LIs. I'll sometimes dilute them to use them as a spritz. I often do this as I'm entering into a relaxer stretch and need to get my ng nicely moisturized. I use undiluted AOWC daily as my moisturizer.

I use glycerin products throughout the year but typically only at night. Here's the trick someone shared with me and it works -- apply before showering, shower and the steams helps the product attract moisture. I'll also apply glycerin products and before overnight baggying, that's another great way to attract moisture. Using glycerin products have inconsistent results (for me), even in optimum temps.

^^Thanks DivaChyk. I have yet to try the AOBC as a leave-in. I think I'm a little nervous because I think it may make my scalp itch. But when the weather is warmer and my hair is longer I definitely plan on trying it.

CurlsOnFire23, You are going to have to play around with the glycerin. I think DivaChyk is in Florida? Correct?

I have seen another thread about glycerin and women who are in colder climates. I will see if I can find it. But from what I recall the results weren't good. But doesn't mean I am recalling correctly.

I'll be so happy to be out of the stage where I have to cowash/water rinse every morning. It's too cold outside. But my hair flattens terribly at night and no spray or moisturizer has been able to fluff it back up. Ugh. CANT WAIT!

faithVA divachyk curlsOnFire

I have also used the AOBC as a leave in. I originally meant as a long DC with AOBC. It works "OK" diluted for me as a LI. My hair ends up dry with any condish left on--every brand so far. It might work for you tho. My hair is fairing much better without creamy LIs (I think it's the base of these products it doesn't agree with). But that's my story. NVM! LOL

I agree with faith about glyc is not ok even with a humidifier. You gotta go out sometime. It could also begin to affect your scalp leaving it itchy and scabbie. If there's no moisture in the air, it will then try to pull water directly from BOTH your hair AND skin. No bueno. :nono:

Back