TWA Support Thread

[USER=19793 said:
loved[/USER];17592413]I read on another site that I can expect to be in the TWA stage for 2-4 years given my hair texture (50 to 90% shrinkage). I committed to staying natural for a minimum of 2 year (Feb 2014). I would like to take swimming lessons & train for a marathon while my hair is natural so I may need to change my minimum date to the end of 2014 because the earliest I can run a marathon is Oct. 2014.

I am assuming that you mean that your hair will be a TWA unstretched? Is that what you mean? Because regardless of your hair texture it doesn't take 2-4 years to get out of twa stage. Most of us don't use our unstretched hair to measure stages. If we did then we would never make it past SL.

Anyone using gel or doing WNGs? I'm looking for a new gel to try. I like the kiss my face gel a lot, I just want to try something new.

robot. said:
Anyone using gel or doing WNGs? I'm looking for a new gel to try. I like the kiss my face gel a lot, I just want to try something new.

I wash n go daily but I haven't figured out how to use gel yet other than smoothing the front

I am using Bee Mine sulfur serum two or three times every other week. On the weeks I'm not using, I'll use Wild Growth Oil. My goal is to have enough hair to 1. Be able to trim my ends since they're fussy and 2. Get a kinky curly install

I like my hair but with a second job now, I'm too tired to be worried about it every day. I just want to massage my scalp until I fall asleep. My weekends have become sacred. No more time to devote four hours to detangling and twisting. Impractical.

I WnG Regularly. I have been using the Green EcoStyler (nothing new) and Aveda Brilliant Gel (clear tube) :lick:. The Aveda gel is pricey but I love the smell.

Hello Ladies,
Here are recent pics of my hair, straight and in a protective style. Thank you for your support this year :yep:. Hoping to continue posting in 2013 and until I reach my goal. I am shooting for chin length this year.

Attachments

• 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Christmas 2012 067.jpg
    Christmas 2012 067.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hey ladies! Are you guys using any growth aides this coming year?
I do rub my scalp with castor oil/coconut oil and when im being consistent i feel the massaging encourages growth. The challenge is being consistent lol i will try to sucker my so into doing it.
Also exercise plenty of water a multivitamin and hair skin nails vits are all staples of mine.

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

kupenda said:

I won't be using growth aides. I've never been one to take a bunch of pills or be consistent with topical growth aides. I made a pledge to take my multi consistently this yr and that'll be a stretch :ohwell:

Taliah waajid Protective Mist Bodifier is the truth!!! I moisturized with this and sealed with Gleau and my hair is finally not dry! I got second day hair by steaming in the shower then using this method.

I am using As I Am Curling Jelly. I like it. It gives my hair weight but its not sticky. I hate sticky :nono:

I wash n go daily but I haven't figured out how to use gel yet other than smoothing the front
I don't do anything other than run it through my hair. Using it in the shower has given me the best results so far. I soak my hair, run the gel through, then quickly put my hair under the shower head again to get rid of any excess.
I swear by Maxi life. I have a blog post I'll try to find. I've been using it for the past few weeks to grow enough hair for senegalese twists. It works! Only bad part is my threading/waxes don't last as long :lol:

When I used it last year, that and protective styles got me to shoulder length within 12 months, easy.
I am using As I Am Curling Jelly. I like it. It gives my hair weight but its not sticky. I hate sticky :nono:
I looked at a bunch of stuff in the bss but had to tell myself to walk away. :lol: I want to try one new things at a time so I'm going to wait for my KMF gel to be done. I looked at some of those products.
Taliah waajid Protective Mist Bodifier is the truth!!! I moisturized with this and sealed with Gleau and my hair is finally not dry! I got second day hair by steaming in the shower then using this method.
I've had this before! I want to try it, I'm really looking for creamy textures like that. So far the KCKT and Giovanni direct aren't doing it for me. I think I'll like the giovanni on longer hair.

Last edited:
Hey! Wanted to share a small victory

Today at work three coworkers kept remarking about how much longer my hair has grown. It of course doesn't seem much longer to me. But they insisted it was longer than it was before Christmas break. On different occasions two of them reached out and grabbed my hair to see its length (I'm in a twistout) while I was facing a different direction! It didn't bother me because I consider them friends and I trust them. It made me kinda fuzzy inside actually :)
So I am happy to report that my hair is looking pretty good and seems to be growing nicely! Idk if its from the Bee Mine serum or massages but please believe I will NOT stop doing them anytime soon!

Hey! Wanted to share a small victory

Today at work three coworkers kept remarking about how much longer my hair has grown. It of course doesn't seem much longer to me. But they insisted it was longer than it was before Christmas break. On different occasions two of them reached out and grabbed my hair to see its length (I'm in a twistout) while I was facing a different direction! It didn't bother me because I consider them friends and I trust them. It made me kinda fuzzy inside actually :)
So I am happy to report that my hair is looking pretty good and seems to be growing nicely! Idk if its from the Bee Mine serum or massages but please believe I will NOT stop doing them anytime soon!

:yay: Way to go.

I think i'm in the awkward stage between a fade and a TWA now....blah.
Must stay out of the barber's chair...must stay away...

I think i'm in the awkward stage between a fade and a TWA now....blah.
Must stay out of the barber's chair...must stay away...

has it been two weeks already? gon' and get that fresh cut :look:

Little update:
My hair is 3.5,4.5 & 5.5 inches long. Still cw often but not daily anymore now that my moisture retention is increasing. Plan on doing a twistout one day, maybe Thursday when I steam and dc.

So I wake up and my bed head hair looked just like an old 80's Prince hair do Lmfao

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

I DCd last night with NaturelleGrow's Mango and CocoNut water DCer. It left me with some reallllyyy soft hair. So soft that I didn't use a leave in/moisturizer. Tonight I will try it as a leave in on damp hair

Updated pic of my TWA. Really trying to enjoy this phase as I know once it gets longer, the ease will vanish. Took these yesterday :yep:. My DH said he likes it when I wear it like this instead of pulled up in a bun. Will be using this to my advantage :drunk:!!!

Attachments

• TWA LHCF.jpg
    TWA LHCF.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 72
1. (Final) BC date: late January 2012

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: low porosity. protein sensitive. s-waves at crown; coffee stirrer-sized coils at nape; pencil-sized coils elsewhere. VERY wiry/coarse at temples, fine elsewhere. HIGHLY dense.

3. Reggie/Products: wash/steam DC/moisturize via LOC (glycerin/water + JBCO/WGO/jojoba/grapeseed mix + AO or SM conditioner) 2x/week (midweek - cowash; weekend - shampoo). "Dry" GHE nightly. 100% PSing with wigs, phony puffs/buns, etc. Considering revisiting henna via (bi-)monthly full treatments and weekly (post-shampoo) glosses.

4. Goal(s): short term - grazing SL by end of 2013 & full SL by May 2014 (my next milestone birthday :drunk:); long term - full u-shaped MBL by...eventually

Edited to add:
5. Current pic or pic of BC: see avi

Answers in bold blue. I'm late but figured I'd join you ladies anyway. :grin:

I bought a wig yesterday.
There must have been something they have in the BSS lights that makes u think u look like a movie star cause now in the light of my own bathroom i think i look ridiculous!! Or like a stripper actually..

But ah well no refunds...guess i'll find some use for it.

Rocky91 said:
I bought a wig yesterday.
There must have been something they have in the BSS lights that makes u think u look like a movie star cause now in the light of my own bathroom i think i look ridiculous!! Or like a stripper actually..

But ah well no refunds...guess i'll find some use for it.

Perhaps for *ahem* home use only *wiggles eyebrows*

Back