TWA Support Thread

Welcome. And congratulations on completely the chemo. Wishing you many years of health.

Since you have had chemo, you probably still have a lot of chemicals in your body. You may want to do some type of scalp detox with a mudwash or any other products that speak of detox. You can also use Aubrey Organic conditioners because they are also scalp treatments.

Thank you.

Oh thanks so much! My scalp needs something! It's driving me crazy :spinning:
I will definitely look into that asap.

I wish I would've given my natural hair a chance b4 coloring. I was so self conscious about bcing that I colored the same day. Idk if the dryness I'm experiencing is due to color or just my natural hair in general. I bought a steamer and just trying diff methods 2 retain moisture. No breakage just dryness. Will be trying acv rinses to help close cuticle. No styling ideas other than headbands or clips. I need to work on keeping hair stretched.

[USER=346925 said:
APrayer4Hair[/USER];17485425]I wish I would've given my natural hair a chance b4 coloring. I was so self conscious about bcing that I colored the same day. Idk if the dryness I'm experiencing is due to color or just my natural hair in general. I bought a steamer and just trying diff methods 2 retain moisture. No breakage just dryness. Will be trying acv rinses to help close cuticle. No styling ideas other than headbands or clips. I need to work on keeping hair stretched.

What brand of color did you use? As you let it grow out can you tell a difference between your newgrowth and the colored hair?

My hair is colored as well but my hair has always been dry even when relaxed. But I do wonder if the issue with my ends are due to color or just due to harsh I was with my hair when it was first cut. My new growth feels soft and smooth most times. My ends always feel rough.

Absolutely. This thread has potential to be a great resource so I will be updating more often.

I think you will see more people join if the thread stays active. Threads that stay on the first 2 pages usually have more people join and post. And it is a constant reminder to people already in the thread to post.

faithVA said:
What brand of color did you use? As you let it grow out can you tell a difference between your newgrowth and the colored hair?

My hair is colored as well but my hair has always been dry even when relaxed. But I do wonder if the issue with my ends are due to color or just due to harsh I was with my hair when it was first cut. My new growth feels soft and smooth most times. My ends always feel rough.

I think it was a clairol color. I had it professionally done (twice :nono: ). I can tell a diff btw the new growth and colored part. Sounds a lot like UR hair actually. My hair does not retain moisture all day.

[USER=346925 said:
APrayer4Hair[/USER];17485493]I think it was a clairol color. I had it professionally done (twice :nono: ). I can tell a diff btw the new growth and colored part. Sounds a lot like UR hair actually. My hair does not retain moisture all day.

I don't have any advice for you. I was just curious. But now that your hair is growing out, you can slowly trim the color out and just take really good care of the hair that is growing in.

I am graying and I don't plan on graying gracefully so I will be coloring my hair until I can't color anymore.

I can finally flat twist my hair. Some are really fuzzy, but I am counting this a victory! :yay::woot::bdance::bud::giggle:

:yay: I feel you girl. Every movement is worth celebrating.

I also agree with your siggy. I miss my twist too :sad: I never thought I would miss them this much.

I'm pretty irritated with my self right now. At my length most of you ladies would be able to do so much and yet I'm so hair style unskilled all I can do is wear my orphan Annie fro

Le sigh

Ok, enough feeling sorry for my self lol

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

So I found my hot comb. Decided to press my hair. I have it pinned and tied down for the night. I'll take pix tomorrow. I pray it looks ok. Not so fond of the current look before I tied it up lol

I moisturized and put my hair in a bunch of little ponytails last nite and baggied. Woke up and fluffed with a headband in the front. Worked out pretty well and a welcomed alternative to daily CW in the a.m.

I will be joining this thread soon. I will be getting a fade in May, right after my graduation.
I'm so excited!
I am only keeping hair on my head for the winter and to satisfy my parent's dreams of a nice long press underneath my graduation cap :lol:

So even with pressing my hair I couldn't get it totally straight. I wore a headband because I thought it looked retarded by it's self. Either way I'm not feeling it :(

20121216_105149-1.jpg

20121216_105204-1.jpg

20121216_105222-1.jpg

^^ It looks straight to me and it looks pretty. Maybe you just have to get used to it since you haven't seen your hair straight in a while.

Tryin a WNG with Taliah Waajid Curly Cream. It looks good so far. Just not sure how it will look in the morning. I may finger coil it tonight because I know I'm not going to want to do anything during the week :lol:

^^ It looks straight to me and it looks pretty. Maybe you just have to get used to it since you haven't seen your hair straight in a while.

I'm sure you're right. I think I'm just at a phase where I don't like my hair no matter what right now :( people at work thought it looked fine but they know how I am about my hair so they could have lied so I wouldn't cry lol

I'm sure you're right. I think I'm just at a phase where I don't like my hair no matter what right now :( people at work thought it looked fine but they know how I am about my hair so they could have lied so I wouldn't cry lol

It did look fine. You just have to relax. It's a long journey so settle in :yep: There will be good days and not so good days but there will be more good days than not.

Omg I just made a ponytail!!!

It's the smallest most pathetic ponytail ever, but it's a ponytail none the less!

Mz.MoMo5235 said:
Omg I just made a ponytail!!!

It's the smallest most pathetic ponytail ever, but it's a ponytail none the less!

That's awesome!! And UR straightened hair looks good to me!!

Rocky91 said:
I will be joining this thread soon. I will be getting a fade in May, right after my graduation.
I'm so excited!
I am only keeping hair on my head for the winter and to satisfy my parent's dreams of a nice long press underneath my graduation cap :lol:

Didn't u chop already :needpics:

^^why, yes I did lol.

Please provide:

1. BC date- December 17, 2012

2. Hair type/ describe your hair-4a/b mixture, fine and finicky

3. Reggie/Products-This go round, I want to attempt to take better care of my hair with better quality ingredients. I will have to do some experimenting.
but I guess:
cowash every day to every other day-suave humectant
tie down durag every night and brush.
wash and dc once a week (idk if i'm gonna waste DC on my scalp for now, so we'll see lol
I just bought some natural products from Walgreens, Bioinfusion
oil my scalp-castor oil, jojoba oil, and I want some coconut oil
Moisturize-I have shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie but I may hold off on using it cause i don't know if i want it on my scalp.
Define-Ecostyler gel

4. Goal(s)
to have hair again. I want to see if I can do SL in a year. Is that too ambitious?

Edited to add:
5. Current pic or pic of BC
starting from 0.0000001 inches of hair and excited to see it as it grows
073-vi.jpg

You guys will have to indulge my over-participation in this thread but I need something to alleviate my boredom and remind me not to get back in the barber's chair again. :lol:

^^why, yes I did lol.

Please provide:

1. BC date- December 17, 2012

2. Hair type/ describe your hair-4a/b mixture, fine and finicky

3. Reggie/Products-This go round, I want to attempt to take better care of my hair with better quality ingredients. I will have to do some experimenting.
but I guess:
cowash every day to every other day-suave humectant
tie down durag every night and brush.
wash and dc once a week (idk if i'm gonna waste DC on my scalp for now, so we'll see lol
I just bought some natural products from Walgreens, Bioinfusion
oil my scalp-castor oil, jojoba oil, and I want some coconut oil
Moisturize-I have shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie but I may hold off on using it cause i don't know if i want it on my scalp.
Define-Ecostyler gel

4. Goal(s)
to have hair again. I want to see if I can do SL in a year. Is that too ambitious?

Edited to add:
5. Current pic or pic of BC
starting from 0.0000001 inches of hair and excited to see it as it grows

You guys will have to indulge my over-participation in this thread but I need something to alleviate my boredom and remind me not to get back in the barber's chair again. :lol:

If I looked that good in a fade I'd rock it through summer! Its very becoming on you! Love it!

Back