TWA Support Thread

Decided to give HQS strawberry coconut lime oil co-cleanser a try again. Gave pretty good results however I had to follow with a moisturizing condish to make my hair feel how I like it.

Did my basic regimen last Thursday instead of yesterday. Kept my twists in til this morning for a twistout. I don't like it. I did smaller twists so my hair doesn't have the soft definition I like, it's smaller and crinkly. Oh well. Still loving my KCKT and Denman for detangling.

Ladies! I just came here to say that I loveeeeee castor oil. I put a little on my fingers and do a quick massage on my scalp before bed a few nights a week. But last night I also added a little to my actual hair strands. They feel great so far. Super soft and shiny. Idk why I thought I could get away without it

So I'm finally able to get 2nd day hair. But man, trying to twist it up at the end of the 2nd day is torturous. I tried to mist it, moisturize it and twist it and it took me 2 hrs :nono: So I won't be doing that anymore. Next if it's tight I will just cowash it and start over. I was trying to eliminate my midweek cowash but it will need to be longer to do that. Learned my lesson.

My routine is vanilla:

I cowash daily Using one of the following: GPB, PM the detangler, or GIO SAS/TTTT

moisturize: KCKT and PM the conditioner. Spritz some AVJ.

I rarely (read: never) DC

I don't put anything on my scalp and I don't use oils. I don't really detangle other than the H2O pressure from the shower because I hate how my combed out fro looks. I have a few SSKs but I don't cut them cause I haven't noticed any "damage" from them. I feel like I should be doing more but if it ain't broke...:ohwell:

ETA: I also don't shampoo or take any type of growth aid topical/internal

Last edited:
What are you ladies doing now that winter is coming?

The same as always;
Wash, DC, moisturize and twist on the weekends.
Cowash, moisturize and twist 1x midweek.
Oil my scalp 2x to 3x a week.
Moisturize and seal in the mornings if needed.

The same as always;
Wash, DC, moisturize and twist on the weekends.
Cowash, moisturize and twist 1x midweek.
Oil my scalp 2x to 3x a week.
Moisturize and seal in the mornings if needed.

Ok. I'm taking down braids after 3+ months of back to back wear. I noticed a lot of thinning but my hair grew well.

[USER=316389 said:
sheanu[/USER];17114481]Ok. I'm taking down braids after 3+ months of back to back wear. I noticed a lot of thinning but my hair grew well.

Give your hair a lot of love for the next month. Braids give your hair a break to a point, but they can be stressful to the scalp.

Also give yourself a little time to learn your hair at this point. The first time around I wore extensions back to back and by the time I took them out, I had not clue what to do with my hair.

I'm two months post BC as of yesterday. I have an inch or so of growth. I'm still undecided as to whether I like being natural. I BC out of frustration and I regret cutting my hair so short. :ohwell: I'm going to continue wearing wigs as my protective style and see where I'm at in 4-6 months.

xu93texas said:
I'm two months post BC as of yesterday. I have an inch or so of growth. I'm still undecided as to whether I like being natural. I BC out of frustration and I regret cutting my hair so short. :ohwell: I'm going to continue wearing wigs as my protective style and see where I'm at in 4-6 months.

:bighug: hang in there. I did the same thing and had the same feelings as u. Trust me it gets better quicker than u know.

Last edited:
Trying something new today:

I feel like my hair needs some protein so I mixed up some DuoTex, HQS moisturizing dc, and a little GIO SAS. I then spritz my dry hair with h2o/ AVJ until soaking wet and applied my dc mix. I was afraid to use the protein by itself so i figured "watering" it down with some moisture would make it less harsh. Currently letting it soak in under a plastic cap. Will come back and edit this post with results.

UPDATE: Hair feels good and has nice definition. SO won't get his hands outta my hair :mad: lol

Last edited:
:bighug: I know how you feel. I did my BC on a whim and I have a love/hate relationship with it now :lol:. I want to wig it up this winter and see how it goes.

I colored my hair Medium Brown last night. I like the color. And my twa is going to look so much better without all of the gray :yep:

Annoyed my cornrows look anorexic lol. My hair has grown, but wish it was a little thicker. :perplexed

I take that back. They feel small but when I took a picture they look on the thin side of medium.

Having trouble keeping my hair properly soft atm since I ran out of a certain braid spray that is the best IMO.

I really need to figure out how to style my hair without cowashing first. I'm fighting a cold and I really should be going out with a wet head.

I really need to figure out how to style my hair without cowashing first. I'm fighting a cold and I really should be going out with a wet head.

Your hair looks long enough to twist. I have to wet daily with my TWA. Since starting CG refreshing curls with little water is getting very easy. Once my hsir is long enough, I will be twisting my hair.

I believe I'm tip toeing into the dreaded mullet phase O_O

I don't want to cut it but I feel like I'm in that commercial four soul glo

@DDTexlaxed it's definitely long enough to twist...I just don't know how :cry2:

Just practice with some of the hair up front and make a little bang.

1. Take a very small section of hair and split it into 2.
2. Grab the left section and cross it over the right section
3 Grab the piece that just crossed over with your right hand and then twist it counter clockwise.

Repeat steps 2 and 3.

It will take some practice. So if you practice with the front. if you don't like it you can just take it out and push it back.

Back