TWA Support Thread

You get those long whispys too Seamonster?! Are they straight as well? I got a bunch that just came out of nowhere...was considering cutting the little freaks...

But you say 'lead hairs'...so this may be interesting to see...thanks for that!

DarkJoy yes, the long pieces are a different texture. The pieces are bone straight 2ab hair sitting on my 4z head it is so frustrating. I took a picture of my shed hair because I couldn't believe it. Can't get the picture to upload right now. I will try after church.

Hmm...I waahed with Kc come clean. Any ideas on what to use?
@APrayer4Hair...You can use a regular sulfate shampoo. I use baking soda mixed with water. Massage in. Rinse out quickly. A lot of folks freak using BS.
@DarkJoy yes, the long pieces are a different texture. The pieces are bone straight 2ab hair sitting on my 4z head it is so frustrating. I took a picture of my shed hair because I couldn't believe it. Can't get the picture to upload right now. I will try after church.
@Seamonster - mine are bone straight too! And some are 3x thicker than my regular kinky hair--and practically unbreakable. I tried. :look: Would love to see the pics. Thanks again!

I think I am going to put a beanie over these twist today. Don't feel like taking them out and having to redo my hair tonight. I will moisturize tonight with the rest of my leave-in mix and then GHE.

I am going to clarify my hair in the a.m. With Nairobi detoxifying shampoo. It was the best sounding thing in the BSS. I don't trust myself with baking soda. Has anyone ever heard of/ used this product before?

http://www.nairobiprofessional.com/ndts8.php

$7.99 at my BSS

Have not heard of it or used it. But I read a good suggestion a while ago. Try it on a small section of your hair first. If it seems ok then try it on the rest. I need to remember to practice this myself.

Had my first success today with a leave-in mix. I mixed Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier with equal parts of AVG and saturated my hair with it while wet. I sat under my heat cap for about 15 minutes and reapplied. Then I twisted my hair and applied some to each section. I didn't take my twist out yesterday. Yesterday evening I put more mix on my hands and moisturized the twists again and baggied for an hour. Then I did the GHE method overnight. Today my hair is soft and moisturized. I will have to see if this last all day.

My hair feels nice but it looks like nothing more than a fro, even though I put in a lot of twists. So it didn't give me any definition at all. :ohwell: Will work on one step at a time.

At least now I have something to compare other leave-ins to.

Soooo I've reached the in between stage. I can't quite get my hair in a pony but it's not a twa anymore either. Im happy, but so frustrated cause I can't do anything with this mess!!! Help!

[USER=356963 said:
MissMariee[/USER];16855955]Soooo I've reached the in between stage. I can't quite get my hair in a pony but it's not a twa anymore either. Im happy, but so frustrated cause I can't do anything with this mess!!! Help!

If you are in that inbetween stage, then you are right at the start of being able to do many hair styles. Maybe you haven't practiced different styles but this is the best time to start :yep:

You can do/practice the following
1. 2 strand twists/twist outs
2. Flat twists/twist outs
3. Braids/braid outs
4. perm rods
5. straw sets
6. roller sets
7. Flat twist the front and wear the back out

Here's a pic. I posted in a new thread a while ago, but figured of add it here too.. Starting to get a little bit of hang there ;p

image-2388162697.jpg

faithVA said:
You have plenty of hair to do what you want to it. What do you want to do to it?

Honestly, I just wanna be able to do a pony untill I can bun lol. I'm too lazy for anything else really. I did flat twists at night then twist out during the day for about a week straight but I've gotten so lazy with my hair.

Honestly, I just wanna be able to do a pony untill I can bun lol. I'm too lazy for anything else really. I did flat twists at night then twist out during the day for about a week straight but I've gotten so lazy with my hair.

Sorry can't help you with the lazy part :ohwell: You can try WNG's. Other than that I don't have any suggestions. Maybe one of the other ladies can help.

I think the first time I flat twisted my hair I had to put in 25 twists. Tonight I only needed 16 twists :yippee: Making progress!

My moisturizing on the weekend worked well. Now I am trying to moisturize mid week. So I warmed water in one spray bottle and AVJ in another. I spritzed the right size with AVJ and twisted, the left side with water and twisted and the back I spritzed with AVJ and then put on a little of the Mist Bodifier/AVG mix. Hopefully one of these will work and my hair will still feel soft and moisturized tomorrow.

Here's a pic. I posted in a new thread a while ago, but figured of add it here too.. Starting to get a little bit of hang there ;p

View attachment 168507
Nice pic and nice thick coily hair! thanks for posting MissMariee! lovelovelove! It will be less akward in a couple months, dont you worry! :yep:
_____
Speakin of akward--I'm getting there. Did flat twists for a change on blown out hair--had wash n goes the last 2.5 weeks. Must have had a growth spurt because I had no trouble grabbing the hair for the twists. Unfortunately, it was sticking straight up all over my head when I took 'em down.It defied gravity! :look:

I won't try again for another inch or a month or so... so wash and goes will be the regimen unless I straighten .

just checking in...been extremely busy so i spent the last 2 weeks cowashing....i'm starting to get where i'm contemplating twist/braid outs. I think it will work this time because of the cut. i've been very luck with my moisture levels lately too--summer humidity paired with S-Curl and a hard protein treatment before and after coloring have kept my hair pretty happy.

may try the curlers during the October holiday. I'll have about a week off to experiment.

Out of the 3, distilled water, AVJ and Mist Bodifier w/AVG, the distilled water side feels the softess. The other two sides feels soft as well but the water won out. I am a little surprised. So tonight I will mist with distilled water. I will probably add the rest of the mix so I can use it up.

I still have a few more experiments I want to do on wash days.

It has become quite apparent that I just haven't been using good technique when moisturizing. Today I finger parted sections and moisturized by running my fingers down the length with KCKT+AVJ my hair looks/feels much better. I'll assess again at the end of the day

It has become quite apparent that I just haven't been using good technique when moisturizing. Today I finger parted sections and moisturized by running my fingers down the length with KCKT+AVJ my hair looks/feels much better. I'll assess again at the end of the day

Will be waiting for your update.

After a few hours, my AVJ side is feeling softer than the rest. Interesting. So perhaps I need to apply water, then my leave-in mixed with AVJ/AVG. I will try that tonight. I really don't feel like twisting my hair tonight though. :ohwell:

Checking in. My hair is growing out and it is getting more difficult to manage :nono:. I ordered Curls Unleashed (ORS) last night as I need a styler that adds lots of moisture and this does the trick for my hair. I find that as my TWA grows, the products that I started off using begin to work differently :ohwell:, so I need to alter my reggie a bit.

I am still using PM The Conditioner as a leave in, but I go to the pool daily with my DD and I am taking swim lessons myself next week, so I will need something more moisturizing than this. Before swimming I do protect my hair with a shea butter mixture that I use for swimming only.

Anyone going through the same issue of products not working as well anymore as your hair is growing?

Back