TWA Support Thread

I havent seen the sexy GNC add either :(

Any-hoo... I've come to the conclusion that I will just have to deal with looking crazy all the time. I cant do squat with my hair right now. So I just run around looking crazy and call it a day. I figure so long as I dress cute and do my face I'll be ok lmao

:congrats: You have reached a milestone :yep:

My hair is definitely growing in the front. I can flat twist from the center of my head to the front. Now the back, that's another story. I'm not sure if it's shorter, tighter or just akward.

THIS the sooner u realize this the better lol

I'm not crazy about my hair right now. Some days I'm feeling it and some days I'm not. Surprisingly, women are telling me oh, I like your hair :look: No one ever said anything about my hair when it was longer. Never!

It's my off day :yay: I've avoided doing anything past brushing my teeth because I'm waiting for my AO GPB to get here. Clearly I need help :lol:

Sitting under the dryer now. She started on my hair and when she got to the straight bits she realized I wasn't kidding when I said they needed gel and then some in order to behave. And she realized I didn't actually have left over relaxed hair, just a different texture in some places. So far I'm happy and will post pics when I get a chance! And faithVA nope no scissors over here! Just let them be. They're gonna come back anyway. Might as well deal with em lol

Sitting under the dryer now. She started on my hair and when she got to the straight bits she realized I wasn't kidding when I said they needed gel and then some in order to behave. And she realized I didn't actually have left over relaxed hair, just a different texture in some places. So far I'm happy and will post pics when I get a chance! And @faithVA nope no scissors over here! Just let them be. They're gonna come back anyway. Might as well deal with em lol

Glad you are having a good experience.

If I can gather the top of my hair into a ponytail can I still be considered twa? My hair is ear length on the sides and shortest on the back.

1. BC date: sometime in July, trimmed shorter in aug
2. Hair type: 3b/c fine and thin
3. Coconut oil every day and wash once a week
4. Goal: ST: chin length by Dec 31 LT: butt or longer
5. I'm on my phone:(

*my goals are ambitious but my hair grows over an inch every month without exception.*

If I can gather the top of my hair into a ponytail can I still be considered twa? My hair is ear length on the sides and shortest on the back.

1. BC date: sometime in July, trimmed shorter in aug
2. Hair type: 3b/c fine and thin
3. Coconut oil every day and wash once a week
4. Goal: ST: chin length by Dec 31 LT: butt or longer
5. I'm on my phone:(

*my goals are ambitious but my hair grows over an inch every month without exception.*

Welcome GreenApple. I would say you can claim TWA for as long as you like. Um, but not after you reach SL :lol:

Said good bye to my beloved wig--temporarily. I had a set of kinky twists put in on Wednesday (9/12/12). I'm hoping to get 2 months out of these but I'm shooting for 3. :) Only thing I'm really using is oil sheen.

Am I still a twa this is a stretched fro if that changes it

I was so busy envying you your closet in the bathroom, it took me awhile to actally look at the hair. I think your unstretched fro is probably a baby fro. That there fro is bordering on BAF:grin:

I can't speak for the rest of the shortees but I ain't going no where until I get my head under control. What thread can I go to. Everybody else on this board posting 'look I just made hip length,' or 'my hair was damaged so I had to cut back to APL.' Hump if you think I am posting my eye length hair next :look:

Seamonster said:
I was so busy envying you your closet in the bathroom, it took me awhile to actally look at the hair. I think your unstretched fro is probably a baby fro. That there fro is bordering on BAF:grin:

I can't speak for the rest of the shortees but I ain't going no where until I get my head under control. What thread can I go to. Everybody else on this board posting 'look I just made hip length,' or 'my hair was damaged so I had to cut back to APL.' Hump if you think I am posting my eye length hair next :look:

Girl my closet Is my addiction lol thx and I'm still struggling with my short hair too lol

I agree with SeaMonster. This is the place for anyone who wants to hang out. The next stop is the SL challenge and each person has to decide when and if they are ready for that one.

I would have to buy a plane ticket for my hair to see my shoulders :lol:

hello everyone,
i haven't been here in a long time (may 5) because it's been a process learning to love my hair again. i finally decided i was way too full of information and didn't know which way to turn, plus had zero patience :spinning:. so i decided to chill all the way out and let it be!!!! this was the best decision i'd made about my hair since the one to go natural. i have made it thru the bc, twa, ohhhh no, i hate it stages and i will be completely natural from the creamy crack for a year on 9/24. i thought " i never would have made it" because i was so frustrated and disappointed. i am proud that i stuck to my plan. i loved my hair semi short with a texturizer and had an extremely hard time accepting that when natural "it did what it do". i lost all control of it and that was NOT in my plan.

looking thru this thread i found myself: at my bc i looked like faithVA and yesterday i went with APrayer4Hair's bc pictures. i love it!!! but mostly because i had a problem with my edges but finally learned that i could grow them back. but only if i stopped stressing about them. the second greatest thing i learned is that i can NOT do an entire line of products because the products don't all work for ME which saves both money and frustration.

silk elements: shampoo and rinse out conditioner plus deep conditioner (yes i know, SULFATES---but my hair loves these products :perplexed)
as i am: coconut co wash
entwine: argan oil and any brand vitamin e oil (i accidently found out vit e grows hair while using it on a surgical scar)
entwine: butter creme and jelle stying creme
curls: passion fruit pomade
s curl: activator and moisture spray
JBCO: arrived yesterday

4b fine and soft really curly hair
goal is healthy
color treated (most cut out yesterday)
satin bonnet and pillow case

[USER=338035 said:
mzstarr[/USER];16841477]hello everyone,
i haven't been here in a long time (may 5) because it's been a process learning to love my hair again. i finally decided i was way too full of information and didn't know which way to turn, plus had zero patience :spinning:. so i decided to chill all the way out and let it be!!!! this was the best decision i'd made about my hair since the one to go natural. i have made it thru the bc, twa, ohhhh no, i hate it stages and i will be completely natural from the creamy crack for a year on 9/24. i thought " i never would have made it" because i was so frustrated and disappointed. i am proud that i stuck to my plan. i loved my hair semi short with a texturizer and had an extremely hard time accepting that when natural "it did what it do". i lost all control of it and that was NOT in my plan.

looking thru this thread i found myself: at my bc i looked like faithVA and yesterday i went with APrayer4Hair's bc pictures. i love it!!! but mostly because i had a problem with my edges but finally learned that i could grow them back. but only if i stopped stressing about them. the second greatest thing i learned is that i can NOT do an entire line of products because the products don't all work for ME which saves both money and frustration.

silk elements: shampoo and rinse out conditioner plus deep conditioner (yes i know, SULFATES---but my hair loves these products :perplexed)
as i am: coconut co wash
entwine: argan oil and any brand vitamin e oil (i accidently found out vit e grows hair while using it on a surgical scar)
entwine: butter creme and jelle stying creme
curls: passion fruit pomade
s curl: activator and moisture spray
JBCO: arrived yesterday

4b fine and soft really curly hair
goal is healthy
color treated (most cut out yesterday)
satin bonnet and pillow case

Sounds like you too some good steps for yourself and that you learned a lot. There can be a lot of information on this board and it can be overwhelming. So I definitely understand that. I am glad you came back though. Coming back to the board when you know you, you know your hair and you know what works is a much better place. :yep:

Today I co-washed and had so much to do with DD forgot to shingle it wet! I said well "F" it and tried shingling on bone-dry hair using flaxseed gel and sulfur grease to seal. It's a little flufflier but pretty much the same as when wet! I like that this is another option. Also, there was less little broke off hairs when styling it dry this way.

Decided to actually put up a pic or 2! Sorry, they are a bit bright...dern California sun!

Snapshot_20120915.jpg

Snapshot_20120915_2.jpg

Decided on a headband with a little pompadour in front. :drunk:
Snapshot_20120915_6.jpg

I caved and cut my mullet again. The plait on the right side of my crown had a long wispy tail coming out of it. It may have been lead hairs, but the world will never know. I am happy to have a nice thick short plait. My goal of a nose length crown may have been pushed into the new year.

I saw a few wispy ends in my long mullet parts but I am going to use that piece to see if it is lead hairs. If no hair catches up to it by year end I will cut it when I do my annual flat iron

You get those long whispys too Seamonster?! Are they straight as well? I got a bunch that just came out of nowhere...was considering cutting the little freaks...

But you say 'lead hairs'...so this may be interesting to see...thanks for that!

So not in love with my twa right now. Frustrated bc it seems like products work for a few weeks then quit. Not sure what to do to rectify this. UGH...

I am at the point where I can fairly easily twist my entire head. It still takes me a while because I can't section it off and so I have to section and comb each piece. :ohwell:

After I finished I wanted to see if my twist looked longer. They didn't :lol: But then I took a twist from the middle of my head and was able to pull it to my forehead. It looked pretty long. So I measured it and the twist was 4" :blush:

That was very shocking. I cut my hair to 2 to 2.5", 40 days ago. So to have a twist that is 4" is very, very nice. My hair grows at different rates though. So most of my twists are somewhere between 2.5 to 3".

Back