TWA Support Thread

APrayer4Hair said:
faithVA UR hair looks great!

I'm coming up on 90 days on the 6th so I took some pics. Not sure if I'm thrilled about the progress but maybe I'm trippin

BC:

Today:

Thoughts??

That's what you got after 90 days? Amazing!

Full nose length :lol: Cool.

This isn't my deva cut. I did get the cut and I enjoyed the experience. But because he was cutting curl by curl and trying to get a style he left behind a lot of the damaged ends. So I came home and just chopped it to an even 2 inches. Because the damage really was like the analyst said, all the way to 2" on my hair. I think I got most of it but even now I am finding stray strands that I am having to chop off.

But thanks for the compliment. Still trying to figure out how to work it. Going to be a lot of head bands for the next few months. :yep:

Curls are popping? :lol: Its a camera trick. The very front section is the only placed that has any curls. The rest of my hair went on strike.

@ FaithVa, I am in the headband stage now. I am not good at doing twists and finger coils, so the headband is an easy choice after I co-wash, but I am going to need to find an acceptable style soon that I can wear on a daily basis. Been stalking some YT videos, starting with the ones posted here. Thanks so much DarkJoy and Latterglory :yep:

HighAspirations said:
That's what you got after 90 days? Amazing!

Hmmm--I had a moment like that too. I'm a 4c--right now I'm at 5 months--approaching 6 months and I can hardly achieve a decent twist out. But it's mine. My hair. My dead protein cells--and whatever else my TWA could be called. Rocking a pair of Toni Daley earrings--and you can't tell me I'm not cute! I didn't mean to go on a rant--my point is our natural hair--gives us as black women each unique beauty. That can't be classified. Girl I seen your profile shot and you are gorgeous! And your hair merely a slight complement to that equation-- don't obsess over it. Just live and be happy.

Still working on my regi.
Tonight I oiled my scalp with my scalp oil, baggied and worked out for an hour. Then I washed with Deva Curl No Poo twice. I heated up my AO White Camellia and put that on. I put on 2 baggies and a bonnet and DCd for 3 hours. I rinsed with warm water. I mixed AVJ and Giovanni, heated that up and applied it. Then I twisted. I think I have less than 50 twists now :yay: And I did it in less than an hour.

I think warming up the DC helped. So will see tomorrow how adding the AVJ and heating up the leave-in worked.

I need some protein... Should I CW today with megatek until I get by whole foods for AO GPB or use duo Tex??

EDT: I decided to pre poo with megatek

Last edited:
Played around with Bobby pins and came up with this

image-934495043.jpg

It's like this on both sides. I think I'll try it again tomorrow using clips a la Gabby Douglas :yep:

I got the nerve to be trying to bun this little bit of hair. I have to search for that one spot on my head where all my hairs reach, but somebody always slips out, and I end up with that playground hair style. You know with the little bit of nappy hair in the back and front. But I am trying to protect whatever ends I can.

I can't tell if my hair is growing, but I keep having to trim my nails.

just saw these on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2lsy2vk0Qc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=r_Ct0adWKYg&feature=endscreen

TWAs set with perm rods. this might be an option for our fine 4b/c who've been talking about curl definition. i'm thinking perhaps this is what i should try when i get to the awkward stage.

UPDATE: nisemac Thank you!!! As a result of seeing these vids, I did a perm rod set this weekend. Sorry no pics. I like the look!!! The one down side is that today I barely got 2nd day hair. I just want a look that would last atleast 3 days. Tomorrow I'll see if I can push it to 3rd day hair.

My twist look like knotty dreads now, people are starting to encourage me. One guy said your hair is looking good keep it up. When does a guy notice the hair journey, lol. It did make me feel good though.

@Seamonster The same thing happened to me! I always thought men liked long straight hair. Interesting I got more attention from men (of all races), when I BC than when I was long and relaxed. :perplexed My hair also looks like lil locks when I'ld twist them and they'ld stick out too. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
The megatek pree poo did absolutely nothing. I just ordered AO GPB on amazon so hopefully this will help my hair accept moisture better

Leaving my hair the *** alone. No breakage since I Bcd, no extreme dryness, few SSKs (somehow I still have some..even with hair thats only an inch and some change long).Still taking my hairfinity pills and oiling my scalp with an oil mixture w/ cayenne pepper.

I love how I can just wash it real quick and be out the bathroom in 30 minutes lol I'd keep it this length if I weren't so flippy floppy.

Fro of the day:

View attachment 167635

I wanna see how everyone else is wearing their hair daily. Let's give each other ideas. My styles may be little funky because I'm a bartender so I have a little more freedom in styles.

Last edited:
I wear my hair in the same style everyday :yep: It's either a curly fro due to a twist out or a curly fro not from a twist out :lol: I won't do much styling for many months.

I set up an appt to get my hair done this coming thursday :)
I stopped in at Fabulocs (in Maryland) and spoke to a woman there. We discussed my dryness and breakage issues. I really like it so far! The only thing that I wasnt impressed by was when she didnt believe me when i said I was completely natural. She said I still had relaxed ends (not possible) even though I told her I havent touched a relaxer in six months at least, and that I BC'd in March. I told her that i just have hair that sticks straight up. She gave me a sly smile and said she would snip the straight ends for me. On the outside Im agreeing but on the inside im like "yeah...we'll see" lol. But Im super excited! I also hope to get a product or two (they make their own). Theyre very expensive. But geez Im super excited! Yay me!
:yay:

tumblr_m9hlt5pI9g1r07oh8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m9hlt5pI9g1r07oh8o2_500.jpg

ETA: I saw these photos and thought they were pretty.

Last edited:
I set up an appt to get my hair done this coming thursday :)
I stopped in at Fabulocs (in Maryland) and spoke to a woman there. We discussed my dryness and breakage issues. I really like it so far! The only thing that I wasnt impressed by was when she didnt believe me when i said I was completely natural. She said I still had relaxed ends (not possible) even though I told her I havent touched a relaxer in six months at least, and that I BC'd in March. I told her that i just have hair that sticks straight up. She gave me a sly smile and said she would snip the straight ends for me. On the outside Im agreeing but on the inside im like "yeah...we'll see" lol. But Im super excited! I also hope to get a product or two (they make their own). Theyre very expensive. But geez Im super excited! Yay me!
:yay:

I hope you have a good salon visit. Have her leave the straight ends alone. I have those same straight ends and haven't had a relaxer since 2005.

Hello everyone!

1. BC date: 9/8/2012

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: 4a/b maybe... medium strands; very dense

3. Reggie/Products: none yet; still working on it

4. Goal(s): short term - a puff. I would LOVE a puff! long term -MBL stretched

5. Current pic or pic of BC (I will try to post one soon)

This is maybe my 5th or 6th time BCing. This time I BC after being relaxed for about 2.5 years. I was a little past BSL. I thought i was going to do a long term transition, but 16 weeks of tangling got the best of me. So here I am.

So far looking through the the thread you all have some beautiful hair!

Hello everyone!

1. BC date: 9/8/2012

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: 4a/b maybe... medium strands; very dense

3. Reggie/Products: none yet; still working on it

4. Goal(s): short term - a puff. I would LOVE a puff! long term -MBL stretched

5. Current pic or pic of BC (I will try to post one soon)

This is maybe my 5th or 6th time BCing. This time I BC after being relaxed for about 2.5 years. I was a little past BSL. I thought i was going to do a long term transition, but 16 weeks of tangling got the best of me. So here I am.

So far looking through the the thread you all have some beautiful hair!

Welcome MVPMOM. Glad to have you.

I havent seen the sexy GNC add either :(

Any-hoo... I've come to the conclusion that I will just have to deal with looking crazy all the time. I cant do squat with my hair right now. So I just run around looking crazy and call it a day. I figure so long as I dress cute and do my face I'll be ok lmao

Back