To all the "Other Women" out there

I swear I tried to stay out of these topics....This last line just did it!

That's what every "other woman" says ..we had a very good friendship, it is IMPOSSIBLE TO BE THE GOOD FRIEND OF A MARRIED MAN UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED TO HIS WIFE AND YOUR "FRIENDSHIP" INCLUDES THE WIFE'S KNOWLEDGE. :blush:

Every Affair FIRST starts out in secret...So if the wife did not meet you and did not approve of it, that is not a friendship. :nono:

I am going to jump out of this topic, it is too toxic for me, I can't debate people that call something what it is not. :wallbash:

I know, its hard for me as well, not only as a married woman but as a woman in general.

I think we sell ourselves short with this "every woman for herself" type of mentality. They think, "Oh its not my fault if I got with a married/involved man, its her man, that's her problem she couldn't keep him". When it did it become that woman's fault? Its the man's and your fault if you engage in a relationship with a married/involved man.

I hear it so much and its even more disparaging when I hear it from the younger girls. I think, "wow is this how are girls are today?" They are just accepting less and less and seeking out these men? And please save the, majority of women ARE NOT out seeking married committed men, I don't believe that for a minute.

Women are silent cunning competitors. We think we are throwing up the golden kitty and can out do another woman, that is why "Tyrone has a three kids", all around the same age with three different women, they all were competing and all thought they were doing something magically different:rolleyes:

If a woman does not believe SHE is allowing a married/involved man to do these things, then she is kidding herself. Then we wonder why we are so distrustful of one another, great examples being lamented in this thread right now. Some women act like men are the last life line of oxygen and will do anything to get one at another woman's expense. Basic respect and consideration should be taken at all times , Would you want this done to you as a woman in a relationship?

Taking that, its not my problem attitude is so "oh let them just eat cake" :rolleyes:We blame the men, but women have an equal or greater share of the blame. They aren't out cheating alone. The hypocrisy of the whole thing just kills me.

I'm not directing this at anyone, just agreeing with the above poster about how women will convince themselves this is right. Put up an annymous poll and see how many women will willingly and knowing sleep with a married man, I'd love to see the results.

I know there is another thread that says "would you do it under these conditions" I think some women will do it under just about any conditions

I don't get it. There are some women on here married to great men...as in these men are great catches that would be attractive to any (other) woman. If most of these other women are seeking married men, then surely these great husbands have been approached and/or tempted by one of these single women at some point during the marriage (some multiple times). Especaially these women that are seeking out married men...

If you believe that your husband has not cheated on you, then is it because he has not met one of these great seducing women YET or is it really because HE chose not to take the bait (time and time again)?

If you say the latter, then isn't it really HIM that you believe is the responsible for whether or not that affair would have taken place? because if truly left up to these married men hunting single women, then they would have seduced and bedded him by now...

So then aren't you giving HIM more responsibility/blame and not the single tempting women?

That is why I say the blame lies with the married man and not the single woman.

I don't get it. There are some women on here married to great men...as in these men are great catches that would be attractive to any (other) woman. If most of these other women are seeking married men, then surely these great husbands have been approached and/or tempted by one of these single women at some point during the marriage (some multiple times). Especaially these women that are seeking out married men...

If you believe that your husband has not cheated on you, then is it because he has not met one of these great seducing women YET or is it really because HE chose not to take the bait (time and time again)?

If you say the latter, then isn't it really HIM that you believe is the responsible for whether or not that affair would have taken place? because if truly left up to these married men hunting single women, then they would have seduced and bedded him by now...

So then aren't you giving HIM more responsibility/blame and not the single tempting women?

I agree the MM has the responsibility to his wife to not engage another woman. I also believe as a woman, she has a responsibility to not cheapen herself, by allowing herself to be his prey! If not for respect of the sanctity of marriage, but for herself.

I run from MM and am not flattered in the least by one trying to holler at me! I tell them to save it for wifey, who should be getting the compliments and such in the first place. Putting the responsibility all on him and the respect all on me! I shut it down in the beginning and I cancel all options of him now wanting to put me in the friend zone. You just showed me, you can't be a friend to the wife, you could never be a friend of mine!

Why is that even an issue?? :wallbash:

Liars and Cheaters come in males and females.

That question just divides the real issue and never gets anywhere. :drunk: It only divides women to "spin our wheels" to debate semantics; Which men really love to watch. :rolleyes:

Why is that even an issue?? :wallbash:

Liars and Cheaters come in males and females.

That question just divides the real issue and never gets anywhere. :drunk: It only divides women to "spin our wheels" to debate semantics; Which men really love to watch. :rolleyes:

It is not an issue for me because I am not dealing with this scenario in anyway. However, women blame the other women for their marriages falling apart when they refuse to put the blame on their husbands. I just wish people would stop looking solely to the women and place more blame on the men because I don't believe they get their fare share of it. It is for that reason, that women don't trust each other (grown women talking about how they don't trust other women -- family included -- around their husbands).

I agree the MM has the responsibility to his wife to not engage another woman. I also believe as a woman, she has a responsibility to not cheapen herself, by allowing herself to be his prey! If not for respect of the sanctity of marriage, but for herself.

I run from MM and am not flattered in the least by one trying to holler at me! I tell them to save it for wifey, who should be getting the compliments and such in the first place. Putting the responsibility all on him and the respect all on me! I shut it down in the beginning and I cancel all options of him now wanting to put me in the friend zone. You just showed me, you can't be a friend to the wife, you could never be a friend of mine!

I agree with this whole post. I am not the least bit interested in a married man because if he can betray his wife's trust, then he can betray my trust.

A friend is a friend though. If I befriend a guy, I know his wife. He will make the introduction. Same with women. If I meet a sistafriend, she introduces me to her husband. I treat my friends the same way.

The rest, I keep at arms length.

I know, its hard for me as well, not only as a married woman but as a woman in general.

I think we sell ourselves short with this "every woman for herself" type of mentality. They think, "Oh its not my fault if I got with a married/involved man, its her man, that's her problem she couldn't keep him". When it did it become that woman's fault? Its the man's and your fault if you engage in a relationship with a married/involved man.

I hear it so much and its even more disparaging when I hear it from the younger girls. I think, "wow is this how are girls are today?" They are just accepting less and less and seeking out these men? And please save the, majority of women ARE NOT out seeking married committed men, I don't believe that for a minute.

Women are silent cunning competitors. We think we are throwing up the golden kitty and can out do another woman, that is why "Tyrone has a three kids", all around the same age with three different women, they all were competing and all thought they were doing something magically different:rolleyes:

If a woman does not believe SHE is allowing a married/involved man to do these things, then she is kidding herself. Then we wonder why we are so distrustful of one another, great examples being lamented in this thread right now. Some women act like men are the last life line of oxygen and will do anything to get one at another woman's expense. Basic respect and consideration should be taken at all times , Would you want this done to you as a woman in a relationship?

Taking that, its not my problem attitude is so "oh let them just eat cake" :rolleyes:We blame the men, but women have an equal or greater share of the blame. They aren't out cheating alone. The hypocrisy of the whole thing just kills me.

I'm not directing this at anyone, just agreeing with the above poster about how women will convince themselves this is right. Put up an annymous poll and see how many women will willingly and knowing sleep with a married man, I'd love to see the results.

I know there is another thread that says "would you do it under these conditions" I think some women will do it under just about any conditions

I agree with your entire post but the bold...:goodone: and so TRUE!

I put the same amount of blame on each party. How can it not at all be her fault as well as the mans?

If she meets a man, doesn't found out until later he's married OR willingly dates a married man because as in the other thread "The conditions were right":rolleyes: (Still don't get that one) why does she not have any responsibility? If she finds out later and doesn't stop it, then she's guilty, if she enters into it knowing he's married, she's guilty. BOTH parties are to blame.

I just think that some women who have been in these situations try to put it all on the man as if he was just begging a single woman to go out with him and she got 'all caught up" OR actually believes that they are superior to the wife/other woman in some way and justifies it in that way.

Women love the superiority line that men feed them, again, its why many women compete with another thinking they are the 'better' woman.

It is not an issue for me because I am not dealing with this scenario in anyway. However, women blame the other women for their marriages falling apart when they refuse to put the blame on their husbands. I just wish people would stop looking solely to the women and place more blame on the men because I don't believe they get their fare share of it. It is for that reason, that women don't trust each other (grown women talking about how they don't trust other women -- family included -- around their husbands).

ITA that it breeds insecurity to think that your man can't be left alone around other women, I never get that concept from married women. However, it still goes back to the fact that the women thatare insecure are doing so because of some slutbucket out there who isn't trustworthy.

I truly believe that women will sacrifice their morals for the following reasons stated here in the other thread. I'm glad that folks admitted it cause I know its true, I see it too much. I work with alot of young girls that think ALL men are fair game if they don't have one.

He is RICH and ready to spend serious cash on you and anything that makes you happy.
He is fine with you seeing another man (so you can have a relationship for your heart on the side while keeping Mr. Married Man for cash purposes).
His wife doesn't care so you don't have to worry about some heifer running up on you at work.
He is connected in your field and ready to help your career.
He is discreet so you don't have to worry about folks finding out that you're his side piece.

I put the same amount of blame on each party. How can it not at all be her fault as well as the mans?

If she meets a man, doesn't found out until later he's married OR willingly dates a married man because as in the other thread "The conditions were right":rolleyes: (Still don't get that one) why does she not have any responsibility? If she finds out later and doesn't stop it, then she's guilty, if she enters into it knowing he's married, she's guilty. BOTH parties are to blame.

I just think that some women who have been in these situations try to put it all on the man as if he was just begging a single woman to go out with him and she got 'all caught up" OR actually believes that they are superior to the wife/other woman in some way and justifies it in that way.

Women love the superiority line that men feed them, again, its why many women compete with another thinking they are the 'better' woman.

I agree with everything you said. Str8 truth :yep: They,the OW don't want to accept any responsibility because it make them triflin' skanks, just like the cheating husband.....he had to have a willing participant in his nastiness. He didn't screw himself and if he did not rape you, you are just as guilty as he is if you knew about the wife and kept going. I am not saying this a innocent married woman....I am saying this as someone who has been the cheated on wife and the skank other woman...aint neither side of the fence fun. :nono:

Shoot, I said I was gonna stay outta here. Threads like this make my 'pressha' rise. :laugh:

I agree with everything you said. Str8 truth :yep: They,the OW don't want to accept any responsibility because it make them triflin' skanks, just like the cheating husband.....he had to have a willing participant in his nastiness. He didn't screw himself and if he did not rape you, you are just as guilty as he is if you knew about the wife and kept going. I am not saying this a innocent married woman....I am saying this as someone who has been the cheated on wife and the skank other woman...aint neither side of the fence fun. :nono:

Shoot, I said I was gonna stay outta here. Threads like this make my 'pressha' rise. :laugh:

Mine too.:grin:

I'm in here readin' with my lip all turned up.:wallbash: I just CANNOT believe some people think it's not cheating because there was no sex.

I agree that if she finds out he is married after meeting him, she shares the blame from that point forward. But not before.

I agree that if she finds out he is married after meeting him, she shares the blame from that point forward. But not before.

Gotcha. I do pity the women that are sitting around in fear of all single women, thinking they are some man vulture, waiting to prey upon their married man:yep:

A woman once said to me, "married men are the best kind.":perplexed I think these are the types of women OP was inquiring about.

As a married woman, I could care less about a nasty behind ho* whose warped sense of reality leads her to believe that she (the free punani) is better than me, his wife. It is my husband that betrayed me (ETA - hypothetically speaking. Not in real life. I got a good man:rolleyes:)

But let's not get it twisted. A woman who knowingly sleeps with a married man is not only disgusting, repulsive, and dirty, but is lacking in self esteem, ethics, and character.

She can allow herself to think she has some type of magical punani power all day long, but at the end of the day when she's home alone and the man is at home with his family, she's still just a side piece. And 9 times out of 10, he DOES NOT leave his wife. He just deposits his baggage into the side piece for as many years as she allows him to. She allows herself to be his garbage can. Dumping all of his junk into her.

Sorry, I'm gonna run now cause I might have said too much....

Last edited:
Most of the women that I know that date married man do so because he is convenient, usually generous, fulfills a basic need and something to do in the meantime. Their moral compass might be skewed but I would not characterize them as having low self esteem, disgusting, etc. etc...

Did you guys only have a good solid friendship? I ask because most relationships start with the two people understanding the other is married and although having feelings settle upon a friendship at the time.

I had a friend who was friends with a MM, her heart really was in it, she really cared for him and wanted to be with him. She settled upon being the one he could talk to about his woes and such. She remained the friend for some time and once he ended his marriage, she stepped right into the woman role. So in a way, he was cheating on some level and she consented to it long before his marriage ended.

So for her, I know her friendship wasn't a pure friendship but just an 'in the mean time' thing. I personally could never maintain a close friendship with a MM. It just seems odd to me, because I don't ever want to have that kind of closeness, with someone's husband. I guess I would rather be safe than sorry. I'm not judging your relationship, but I hear so many stories of the friends turned lover.

It was totally and I mean 100% platonic. I was not interested in him at all, he wasnt my "type" at 19. We would just talk and have a laugh discuss politics and religion along with other friends....never alone. I have other friends from the time who I was probably more attracted to because they were more my "type" but I didnt fall in love with them.
It was never a case of Im gonna get him and get him to fall in love with me.

This is how I feel, there was a point when the conversation took that turn from friendship to feelings, it should have been terminated then. I'm sorry but I find ALOT of women using that excuse and then justifying it.

I understand you weren't techically involved with him but that also sets up a ultimatum of sorts, perhaps he may have been working things out with his wife?

Why should I have terminated it when he was going to leave anyway? Even if I had he would have left - he did he moved away and worked away for 18 months and before that he enlisted to join the army...thats how much he wanted to end the marriage.
I have asked him several times whether he would have worked it out and spoken with his friends and family about this in general but I know he getting out and thats probably why I didnt end things with him.

I appreciate you sharing your story. How much older is he than you? How old is the guy now?

As wise as we want to seem at any age, we are still only but so mature. At 19, you were not that mature mentally. Maturity only comes with experience and one can only get experience over time. You are certainly more mature now at 29. With your maturity now, it is good to see that you still believe you made the right decision. Hindsight is 20/20 so if looking back, you still believe you made the right decision, then you did.

He was the one in the marriage and he chose to leave it. Who knows what he said to his wife throughout their marriage. At the end of the day, I blame the man in situations like this because he made the decision not to fight for his first marriage. Hopefully teh ex-wife is with a man who treats her better today.

\\\
He is ten years older than me. He was ready to end the marriage which is why he did - I dont think any man would just end his marriage for any woman unless it was something he had already decided. He never wanted to be married turned up at the wedding after work and went back to his other job - his friends were not at his wedding and neither were most of his family his aunt was there and her daughter - because he didnt invite anybody because he didnt want to be there. I have seen the wedding pics and he isnt in more than half of them.
Yes his ex is with somebody else and she physically abuses him too but he needs his green card and doesnt speak much English so he is still stuck with her.
He never had anything bad to say about he has only ever spoke of her in relation to picking up and dropping off their son.
He admits (we both do) he should have gone about it in another way but really what else do you do but apply for a divorce when you realise you love somebody else? He didnt stay he got out.
Oh and he is not rich at all, he got left with no house no car and most of the debts...so it certainly wasnt his money that attracted me to him. And career wise we are in totally different fields though he did help me with one college essay back in the day...
As for his ex she is a psycho b!tch and I would not have wanted her on my ass which is why he HAD to get a divorce before we got together
discreet? No need to be she knew about me and so did his family and friends.

Anywayz Ive had a long day and waaay too many cups of tea. This has been interesting and I hope I havent offended anybody by sharing my story...If I have well it was never my intention.

good nite ladies

Uzz

Completely agree. It's the other woman's fault as well, period. She is suppose to do her own research on who she is trying to sleep with or who she claims she is friends with or whatever.

It's her responsibility to find out who is who in her life. Truth is, IMO, most women who fit this description don't want to know (purposely:rolleyes:) and/or don't care. They use the man as a scapegoat to not take the blame for getting involved with someone they did not know/did not want to know about. Why don't more women take getting know who they are involved with more seriously? And why are there women who are void of any ounce of respect to the point they don't care if they are dating a married man? I don't understand.:nono:

Most of the women that I know that date married man do so because he is convenient, usually generous, fulfills a basic need and something to do in the meantime. Their moral compass might be skewed but I would not characterize them as having low self esteem, disgusting, etc. etc...

Homewreckers are disgusting.

Completely agree. It's the other woman's fault as well, period. She is suppose to do her own research on who she is trying to sleep with or who she claims she is friends with or whatever.

It's her responsibility to find out who is who in her life. Truth is, IMO, most women who fit this description don't want to know (purposely:rolleyes:) and/or don't care. They use the man as a scapegoat to not take the blame for getting involved with someone they did not know/did not want to know about. Why don't more women take getting know who they are involved with more seriously? And why are there women who are void of any ounce of respect to the point they don't care if they are dating a married man? I don't understand.:nono:

How would you do the research? Are there websites to find out a person's marital status?

One can find out a lot about a person as a lot of things are public information (property value, property taxes paid, sometimes mortgage documents, etc.). In one area of the country, the local authorities have even put up blue prints of people's homes on the internet so you can see where the bedrooms are, etc. but those same authorities will not reveal copies of marriage licenses in their jurisdiction. hmmm.

I agree with what you and FlowerHair said. Although, I would sympathize with a woman in this position. How many women do you know that were/are in a relationship with a man that was sooo wrong for them (for whatever reason) but couldn't just break it off? Easier said then done in this case.

Disclaimer: I've never been the other woman.
@ the bolded, that is a good thing!

To the rest of your post, I speak from experience. I got caught up with a bad dude at an early age (he was much older) and as a full adult have learned about the "manning up" part. You are right, it isn't easy, especially when ANY man isn't trying to let you go.

A woman once said to me, "married men are the best kind.":perplexed I think these are the types of women OP was inquiring about.

As a married woman, I could care less about a nasty behind ho* whose warped sense of reality leads her to believe that she (the free punani) is better than me, his wife. It is my husband that betrayed me (ETA - hypothetically speaking. Not in real life. I got a good man:rolleyes:)

But let's not get it twisted. A woman who knowingly sleeps with a married man is not only disgusting, repulsive, and dirty, but is lacking in self esteem, ethics, and character.

She can allow herself to think she has some type of magical punani power all day long, but at the end of the day when she's home alone and the man is at home with his family, she's still just a side piece. And 9 times out of 10, he DOES NOT leave his wife. He just deposits his baggage into the side piece for as many years as she allows him to. She allows herself to be his garbage can. Dumping all of his junk into her.

Sorry, I'm gonna run now cause I might have said too much....

I love your post and I totally agree with you. :yep: They are in denial and refuse to accept that they are, just as effed up as the man.

Is she a home wrecker during the time that she was finding out but still went out on dates with him? Most of the time we aren't dating people that are family friends and that sort of thing. If we are meeting strangers, how do you suppose we check this kind of thing out? Run a background check?( I am in college and can't afford that) If i ask you and you say no, and all of your friends say no, what else am i to do. I think it is unfair and wrong to say it is all the womans fault. She isn't committed to anyone, it is the man that is doing the lying. She didn't disrespect thier marriage he did....

What about the woman who doesn't believe in the union of marriage. Is she wrong for disrespecting the union of two people if she doesn't believe in that to begin with? I know plenty of people like this.

Is she a home wrecker during the time that she was finding out but still went out on dates with him? Most of the time we aren't dating people that are family friends and that sort of thing. If we are meeting strangers, how do you suppose we check this kind of thing out? Run a background check?( I am in college and can't afford that) If i ask you and you say no, and all of your friends say no, what else am i to do. I think it is unfair and wrong to say it is all the womans fault. She isn't committed to anyone, it is the man that is doing the lying. She didn't disrespect thier marriage he did....

What about the woman who doesn't believe in the union of marriage. Is she wrong for disrespecting the union of two people if she doesn't believe in that to begin with? I know plenty of people like this.

OP is talking about women who know a man is married and still indulges in a relationship with him.

No one can be held accountable for what they don't know. But when you find out the truth, well you know what is said about the truth - it will set you free.

No one believes in the same thing as everyone else, but most adults try to respect another person's beliefs. If you know that marriage is considered sacred to someone, then you should respect that person's marriage for what they believe it to be.

But just because someone doesn't believe in the sanctity of marriage, does she believe in respecting relationships? When she is in a relationship, does she allow her man to date other women or does she feel that her man is off limits even without marriage vows?

If she doesn't believe in marriage, then there are many, many non-married men out there who would gladly be in an uncommitted relationship with her. In fact, they would love to be in that type of relationship.:lachen:

I had a friend who was friends with a MM, her heart really was in it, she really cared for him and wanted to be with him. She settled upon being the one he could talk to about his woes and such. She remained the friend for some time and once he ended his marriage, she stepped right into the woman role. So in a way, he was cheating on some level and she consented to it long before his marriage ended.

So for her, I know her friendship wasn't a pure friendship but just an 'in the mean time' thing. I personally could never maintain a close friendship with a MM.
It just seems odd to me, because I don't ever want to have that kind of closeness, with someone's husband. I guess I would rather be safe than sorry. I'm not judging your relationship, but I hear so many stories of the friends turned lover.

That is so unsettling. What a sad story

OP is talking about women who know a man is married and still indulges in a relationship with him.

Well then it doesnt apply to me because I gave him an ultimatum.
We were talking about this last night and he reminded that I stopped speaking to him for nearly 10 months so he could sort out what he needed to do and he did what he had to.

Uzz

Well then it doesnt apply to me because I gave him an ultimatum.
We were talking about this last night and he reminded that I stopped speaking to him for nearly 10 months so he could sort out what he needed to do and he did what he had to.

Uzz

Are you still with him?

My 2 cents:

My husband made the vows,not the other woman.The OW doesn't give 2 shyts about me and vice versa.
Im blaming MY husband and NO ONE ELSE.
Its HIS dyck.Its his CHOICE. NO ONE ELSES.

Are you still with him?

My 2 cents:

My husband made the vows,not the other woman.The OW doesn't give 2 shyts about me and vice versa.
Im blaming MY husband and NO ONE ELSE.
Its HIS dyck.Its his CHOICE. NO ONE ELSES.

yes I am. Its just over ten and half years. It isnt easy but which relationship is?
We work hard at it.

Back