The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

I just did an Ayurvedic Oil Wash and Powder Rinse. Not Bad At All! I will have to incorporate this to see what happens?

Did anyones amla and shikakai powder mix smell like warm lemonade ice tea?

BEAUTIFUL, Candy! Thank you for all the great info! Sorry for your loss but God always knows best, Mamacita.

ETA: Got my stuff today. The owner of one of the Indian stores I went to said a girl came in and bought all of the boxes of Shikakai powder except for one. Thank God! So I have a feeling there's a LHCFer in my neck of the woods. :yep:

Last edited:
Ok, can this process be used on braids, weaves etc.................. I need some feedback on this :yep: :yep: :yep:

I haven't been following Candy's process. But I've been using a homemade shikakai, amla, and rose braid spray for the past 3 weeks. I put my braids in 1 month ago Monday and I have 0.5-1.0 inches in growth. I normally get .25-.5 depending on the area of my hair. I was using them to stop shedding, strengthen my hair roots, and cleanse my scalp. The extra growth is a pleasant surprise.

My thoughts: Shikakai is a cleanser, it keeps your scalp clean. I think using it everyday it's akin to washing your scalp everyday. I think thats why people get accelerated growth doing daily washes, and why those same people would probably get accelerated growth using shikakai too.

Lys

Okay maybe I will asked this question over here since this thread is a wee bit more active.

How do you do the Oil Rinses? I mean what are you exactly doing?

Okay maybe I will asked this question over here since this thread is a wee bit more active.

Just shampoo as normal

Then rinse

Saturate hair with your choice of oil (coconut, EVOO, jojoba, castor, etc.)

Leave on for 5 minutes or so while bathing

Rinse out oil with warm water

Thats it! :look:

Just shampoo as normal

Then rinse

Is that all? Then how come these oil rinses with the ayurvedic products are sounding so complicated? I mean I'm so confused with the oil rinsing and using the powders, etc.

rinse (or shampoo) hsir
coat hair in favorite oil
rinse w/ warm or hot water
apply conditioner
rinse w/ cold water
apply leave in
seal

I agree It sounds far more complicated than that. Also I thought you didnt wash with shampoo. I thought you only use the oils as cleansers. Im so confused!

I agree It sounds far more complicated than that. Also I thought you didnt wash with shampoo. I thought you only use the oils as cleansers. Im so confused!

lol read it sloooowly.

i dont usually shampoo anymore (its been 4 weeks) but as iwas blowdrying, i dont see how blowdrying how that hasnt been totally cleansed with suds can be suitable for ehat styling - i didnt want to risk it :yep:

Just shampoo as normal

Then rinse

I dont do mine like this...

i scritch and rub the scalp with shikakhai oil

and then rinse out with water

the other way doesnt work for me personally

BEAUTIFUL, Candy! Thank you for all the great info! Sorry for your loss but God always knows best, Mamacita.

ETA: Got my stuff today. The owner of one of the Indian stores I went to said a girl came in and bought all of the boxes of Shikakai powder except for one. Thank God! So I have a feeling there's a LHCFer in my neck of the woods. :yep:

THANKYOU! you've cheered me up

and your welcome xxxx

Candy,

How much liquid do you make with the alma/shikakai powder rinse for your hair?
I just did a rinse and I think I used either too much shikakai or not enough water. My mixture was about 2.5-3 cups of liquid with 2 parts amla (2 scoops of 1/8 cup) and 1 part shikakai (1 scoop of 1/8 cup)

Candy,

How much liquid do you make with the alma/shikakai powder rinse for your hair?
I just did a rinse and I think I used either too much shikakai or not enough water. My mixture was about 2.5-3 cups of liquid with 2 parts amla (2 scoops of 1/8 cup) and 1 part shikakai (1 scoop of 1/8 cup)

thats way too much of either powder

you only need around 3 teaspoons of amla

to 1 teaspoon of shikakhai

unless you were making a litre

you would then go by (3 parts amla, 1 part shikakhai)

If your only making a cup full of rinse

you only need a teaspoon measurement:

AMLA POWDER: SHIKAKHAI POWDER

(3:1) (if you have normal, dryish hair)
(4:1) extremely dry, no likey protein hair
(2:2) breaking hair
(1:3) over moisturized, greasy built up hair​

thats way too much of either powder

you only need around 3 teaspoons of amla

to 1 teaspoon of shikakhai

unless you were making a litre

you would then go by (3 parts amla, 1 part shikakhai)

If your only making a cup full of rinse

you only need a teaspoon measurement:

AMLA POWDER: SHIKAKHAI POWDER

(3:1) (if you have normal, dryish hair)
(4:1) extremely dry, no likey protein hair
(2:2) breaking hair
(1:3) over moisturized, greasy built up hair​

Whoops :ohwell:

Thanks! I'll try it again in a day or two. I don't have any adverse reactions to my original mix, in fact I lost only a few strands when I detangled, when I normally loose a handful.

I'm still learning. Thanks Candy!

Whoops :ohwell:

Thanks! I'll try it again in a day or two. I don't have any adverse reactions to my original mix, in fact I lost only a few strands when I detangled, when I normally loose a handful.

I'm still learning. Thanks Candy!
My hair loss is much less when using Indian powders too. I'm really pleased about that. :yep:

ladies who airdry, what is your regimen using the powders? Just like to know, cause my hair is soft and shiny but I'm not happy with my air dry results.

Back