The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

Great Job! I have both these powders but I'm scared to try again from my last mishap :(

what happened? how dd u mishap with these?

the time i mishapped was when i did what it said to do on the box

and then combed through!!!

what was i thinking

what happened? how dd u mishap with these?

the time i mishapped was when i did what it said to do on the box

and then combed through!!!

what was i thinking

I think I used too much alma powder in my mix, about 3 teaspoons and 3 teaspoons of shikakai powder. I mixed with hot water, let it cool until warm and poured over my head in the shower. First thing i noticed my hair felt really hard. I tried to dc for about an hour with ors and dpr11 but my hair broke so badly. yikes. :perplexed I've been scared to use amla after that. I will try the shikakai again soon.

Darnit CandyC, I thought I kicked my pj tendencies!!:lachen:Now I have to go back to the the indian store and get some of that powder for real now...and pick up and avacado or 2 on the way back.

WoW! I see it! Congrats and thanks for sharing the info with us. :grin:This inspires me to keep doing the rinses (did my first one last week). I think I will try applying the oil more often to my scalp & massaging.Definitely!

I think I used too much alma powder in my mix, about 3 teaspoons and 3 teaspoons of shikakai powder. I mixed with hot water, let it cool until warm and poured over my head in the shower. First thing i noticed my hair felt really hard. I tried to dc for about an hour with ors and dpr11 but my hair broke so badly. yikes. :perplexed I've been scared to use amla after that. I will try the shikakai again soon.

i think it was shikakai not amla

amla is conditioning

shikakhai is more strengthening

try it with half a teaspoon of shikakhai next time :grin:

I apologize for not asking these questions in my previous post. So what are all the products I need and where can I purchase them?

Alma oil and powder
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']shikakhai oil and powder.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Please forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm a newbie. :grin:[/FONT]

I apologize for not asking these questions in my previous post. So what are all the products I need and where can I purchase them?

Alma oil and powder
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']shikakhai oil and powder.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Please forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm a newbie. :grin:[/FONT]

dont be silly your not being ignorant!

EBAY sellers have these oils and powders

Just type them in, in the search box

HESH + DABUR brands are the ones you should look out for!

• Shikakai oil
  • Hesh Shikakai Powder
  • Dabur Amla Oil
  • Hesh Amla Powder

I am curious. Why not just do the hair packs with the powder, like the Indians do? Saves time. Or have you become addicted to the scritching? Back in the day people loved to get their scalp "scritched!" ("Girl..scritch my scalp...puleeze....")
I do like putting the powder in boiling water and using the filtered run off as a leave in to be rinsed out later. Amla is some good stuff and so is Shikakai! bonjour

Last edited:
~~WOW~~ Candyc.......amazing growth:yep:.....so weird I purchased these items this morning....:yep: glad to know its good stuff:yay::yay:

btw your hair is G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S:yep:

See? Now I'm going to have to go down to "Little India" and get some of these powders. *Makes a list*
EXCELLENT progress! I'm convinced!
*scritches head*
~*Janelle~*

I stink at homemade stuff. Is there a product that this stuff is already mixed? :perplexed I'm afraid to screw up the little progress I have now.

I finally got my oils and powders yesterday from fed ex. Made my first rinse to wash my scalp with it was cool.

Candy i'm using your idea i already started stitching a few days ago.
Last night i did it with the oils.

Shikakai and amla powders are wonderful hair care products. For me the only drawback is the amount of rinsing, so I tend to use them only once in a while. I'll have to start back regularly if I want to see results like yours, Candy_C. Well done!

On another note, ayurvedic powders and oils seem to keep shedding and breakage way down. And for you product junkies, a box of just about any powder will probably set you back less than $2.50 at the Indian grocer.

Back