The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

ladies who airdry, what is your regimen using the powders? Just like to know, cause my hair is soft and shiny but I'm not happy with my air dry results.

hey there

did u use a very moisturizing deep con afterwards?
Did you also slap on lots of moisturizer or leave in?

did yo useal with an oil?

did you comb you airdried hair?

how did you airdry?

aslong as you use plenty of oils afterwards and leave ins...also dont comb

your airdry should be the best everrrrrrr

let me know x

thanks for replying Candy_C. To answer your questions:

did u use a very moisturizing deep con afterwards? I used Aveda Brilliant. A lot of ppl have raved about it being very moisturizing, but it wasnt that great for me. Can you suggest a good one?

Did you also slap on lots of moisturizer or leave in? I didnt slap on a lots necessarily. I used NTM silk touch leave in. Wouldnt this weigh the hair down?

did yo useal with an oil? Yes, I used Dabur Vatika Oil

did you comb you airdried hair? Yes, I combed it, which I hear you are never supposed to do, but it looked a hot mess. One question, if I dont comb it, what can I do to it so it looks decent?

how did you airdry? After putting on my leave-in and Vatika oil, I just pinned it up on the top of my head, using a bobby pin, tied a satin scarf on my head and let it dry. Took a day and a half to dry.

Any suggestions for a successful airdry would be greatly appreciated. I just started to be a DIYer and so far its not going well for me.

hey there

did u use a very moisturizing deep con afterwards?
Did you also slap on lots of moisturizer or leave in?

did yo useal with an oil?

did you comb you airdried hair?

how did you airdry?

aslong as you use plenty of oils afterwards and leave ins...also dont comb

your airdry should be the best everrrrrrr

let me know x

My hair loss is much less when using Indian powders too. I'm really pleased about that. :yep:

I agree. I don't think using these powders all the time and bi-weekly (makes my hair kinda dry), but I have been using them for over a year now and I know that they help with shedding for me. I can have lots of shedding and do one of my treatments and virtually instantly see less shedding. It's so wierd to me! I notice that the effects lessen after 6-7 weeks for me. I don't think they increase growth for me, though - just help with retention.

I agree. I don't think using these powders all the time and bi-weekly (makes my hair kinda dry), but I have been using them for over a year now and I know that they help with shedding for me. I can have lots of shedding and do one of my treatments and virtually instantly see less shedding. It's so wierd to me! I notice that the effects lessen after 6-7 weeks for me. I don't think they increase growth for me, though - just help with retention.

yep, Im definitely losing much less hair than I was before. I also think it is increasing growth bc I dont use topical growth stuff and barely ever remember to take vitamins lol....anyhoo I just used henna 2 weeks ago and Iv e used the shikakai rinse a few times in between and I already have new growth, which is easy to see because my henna hair is reddish/brownish and my roots are dark brown/off black. I think we are definitely on to something here ladies!

thats way too much of either powder

you only need around 3 teaspoons of amla

to 1 teaspoon of shikakhai

unless you were making a litre

you would then go by (3 parts amla, 1 part shikakhai)

If your only making a cup full of rinse

you only need a teaspoon measurement:

AMLA POWDER: SHIKAKHAI POWDER

(3:1) (if you have normal, dryish hair)
(4:1) extremely dry, no likey protein hair
(2:2) breaking hair

(1:3) over moisturized, greasy built up hair​

How much water do you use with these parts? You didn't state it or maybe I missed it.

I mean like for the Breaking Hair measurements, do you use a cup of water? Half a cup?

Question, has anybody ever used these powders the SAME DAY you get a perm/touch up? For instance, perm, neutralize, use powder rinse, deep condition.

Is it safe to use the SAME DAY?

How often do you use these powders to wash your hair? I wash my hair pretty often - like 3 times per week. Will these powders dry out my hair if I use it the same way?

OK" CANDY C "
WHERE IS THE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE AYURVEDIC HAIR REGIME IN YOUR FOTKI !!!!! YOU GOT ME FEENIN FOR SOME INSTRUCTIONS,....SO I CAN GET STARTED :spinning: :yep: :spinning: :yep: :spinning: :yep:

I am certainly interested in doing this I am getting my products this weekend and doing the Henna Saturday morning. My question.

I love the ideal of the rinse and making the oil :grin:its sounds so difficult but its really really easy. Why do we have to refrigerate the rinse does it go bad and then-- when we do that how do we get it warm enough to pour over our heads. Microwave is a no no:nono:it will destroy the nutrients so why put it in the frig. I haven't found any research on this will it go bad, that quickly:rolleyes:? I would like to do this every five days but this is my only issue.

I am doing the crock pot make my own oils sounds so wonderful to me. I would like to make the rinse the night before. So it will be ready first thing in the morning while I get ready for work. I am looking for major growth, thickening and color which I will get from the Henna. I know we can make the rinse right before we put it in. I think its a matter of boiling and steeping for 10 minutes right? thats it no biggy and its like making tea only you have to strain it. I don't think I will be able to do this before I go to work in the morning unless I get up two hours before hand Not. I get up 1.5 hours before hand as it is.

Also years ago. I read where one person did this and capture the rinse and did it over and over well that right there I won't be doing it makes since though, you get all corners of your hair its just time consuming trying to recapture the rinse but its something to think about. I wish I remember who it was, just not sure. Another thing doesn't powder just dissolve why do we have to strain it in the water that sounds so strange to me. I guess becuase I never did this stuff before but I am going to try it. I want to introduce my friend and sister to it but i have to be the first one to do it all.

I am certainly interested in doing this I am getting my products this weekend and doing the Henna Saturday morning. My question.

I love the ideal of the rinse and making the oil :grin:its sounds so difficult but its really really easy. Why do we have to refrigerate the rinse does it go bad and then-- when we do that how do we get it warm enough to pour over our heads. Microwave is a no no:nono:it will destroy the nutrients so why put it in the frig. I haven't found any research on this will it go bad, that quickly:rolleyes:? I would like to do this every five days but this is my only issue.

I am doing the crock pot make my own oils sounds so wonderful to me. I would like to make the rinse the night before. So it will be ready first thing in the morning while I get ready for work. I am looking for major growth, thickening and color which I will get from the Henna. I know we can make the rinse right before we put it in. I think its a matter of boiling and steeping for 10 minutes right? thats it no biggy and its like making tea only you have to strain it. I don't think I will be able to do this before I go to work in the morning unless I get up two hours before hand Not. I get up 1.5 hours before hand as it is.

Also years ago. I read where one person did this and capture the rinse and did it over and over well that right there I won't be doing it makes since though, you get all corners of your hair its just time consuming trying to recapture the rinse but its something to think about. I wish I remember who it was, just not sure. Another thing doesn't powder just dissolve why do we have to strain it in the water that sounds so strange to me. I guess becuase I never did this stuff before but I am going to try it. I want to introduce my friend and sister to it but i have to be the first one to do it all.

Since it doesnt take long to do, I just make my rinse the day I want to use it and only make enough for that session. I add cool water to the water that was boiled to cool it down enough to pour on my head.

Another thing doesn't powder just dissolve why do we have to strain it in the water that sounds so strange to me.
The powders are actually ground up fruit or shells or leaves (depending on the plant) so they don't dissolve.

Thanks. I made the paste last weekend and it made my hair hard. I'm gonna try the rinse this weekend in a spray bottle and spray my scalp and hair :yep:

I haven't used rinses, but I think ladies are applying to both hair and scalp. I make a paste out of the powders and apply to both scalp and hair.

So does anyone know/have an opinion on if CandyC's results were more so from the oils, powders--the indian products, or from the techniques---like oil washing and massaging the scalp with oil---or from both, the whole thing and that alone.

Im just trying to figure out if anyone thinks good results can be achieved withe the same techniques and basic regimen, but without using indian products.

I hope the rinse works better for you, growinstrong. Shikakai on its own leaves my hair soft, but mixing it with amla and aritha makes my hair hard(ish) too, so I finish up with a co-wash and DC.

i tried the amla ( 2 parts) and shikakai (1 part) rinse. My hair are clean and my natural hair are less knotted on ends. I would not say my hair feel softer ( since they don't like oil, aloe, shea butter and mucilage i never see them soft lool) but i feel like a coat that make them stronger. But it's really amazing shikakai (and you don't need a lot) really cleans hair.

I used to do that and posted as ShebaNoire on another forum back in about 1998-1999. I have been doing the powders a long time. bonjour

has anybody else tried this ?.............If so what were your results ?
inquiring mind want to know ( I'm going to find these products myself monday ) :yep:

I still couldnt find the shikikia(sp) oil or powder but the did have a shampoo made of that amla and henna and fragrance listed as the ingredients so hopefully this works until i can find the powder and oil:perplexed

bumping.......for more replies on this.....RESULTS ANYONE ELSE

I posted my results a little earlier in the thread. Similar products (amla, shikakai, rose petal) made into a hair spray. In a month I had .5 - 1 inch of growth depending on the part of my head. I normally get .25-.5 inch in the respective locations. So that's double the growth which makes me happy. I may take pics of the afro under my braids this weekend before I take them out.

Lys

I have the oils, shikakai ....How do I use it... as a Pre poo, or leave-in oil, or what:ohwell::perplexed... IDK
Anyone have a recipe to mix it up?:yep:

TIA.... Ladies

Back