The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

Ok Ok Ok, Candy girl, I need to know if I got the right stuff!

My Dabur amla oil contains, in this order: 1) paraffinum liquidium 2) canola oil 3) palm glycerides 4) amla extract in canola oil 5) fragrance 6) t-butyl hydroquinone. PLUS, colors D&C yellow, green & red.

Im thinking thats a lot of additives:ohwell: Is this what your amla oil contains or is it just pure amla oil?

My Shikakai herbal oil contains mineral oil and refined vegetable oil as the first ingredients:perplexed Did i get the right stuff? Can shikakai powder be used by itself or do you have to mix it with amla powder? I know you broke down what you have so I feel like a dingle berry asking you this again but I really need to know before I get to scritching and massaging and rinsing:spinning: I really appreciate all of the things you share and your progress is truly inspiring!:yep:

That Indian head massage stuff felt soooo good. My DH was actually kinda jealous... and that's all I'm gonna say about that. :eek:

And i wonder if i can get 1.5 inches every 30 days, can i keep it up with this indian regime?

Well u know i;m gonna find out :grin:

Here is what i use regularly

PICTURED:

L-R

prodsje6.jpg

-HESH Shikakhai powder
-Le Kair Self Heating Oil (every hair loving lady should have this)
-Ancient Formula Shikakhai Oil
-HESH Amla Powder
-Avo'coco Hair Creme

I use these every 3 days (except the self heating oil - which i use every month) For my indian regime.

NOT PICTURED:

-DABUR Amla Oil, i've used this as a pre-poo overnight for years - i also apply o nthe day of washing to hair ends
- Keracare Humecto (once a month i have decided to shampoo and deep condition)
- Keracare Hydrating Poo
- Boiling Water (to mix the herbs)
- Ionic Blowdryer (had to blowdry to trim!)​

Last edited:
Ok Ok Ok, Candy girl, I need to know if I got the right stuff!

My Dabur amla oil contains, in this order: 1) paraffinum liquidium 2) canola oil 3) palm glycerides 4) amla extract in canola oil 5) fragrance 6) t-butyl hydroquinone. PLUS, colors D&C yellow, green & red.

Im thinking thats a lot of additives:ohwell: Is this what your amla oil contains or is it just pure amla oil?

My Shikakai herbal oil contains mineral oil and refined vegetable oil as the first ingredients:perplexed Did i get the right stuff? Can shikakai powder be used by itself or do you have to mix it with amla powder? I know you broke down what you have so I feel like a dingle berry asking you this again but I really need to know before I get to scritching and massaging and rinsing:spinning: I really appreciate all of the things you share and your progress is truly inspiring!:yep:

I've thrown my amla box away as it got ruined with oil, but if it resembles this:

Dabur-Amla-Hair-Oil-Big.gif

You have the right one :grin:

Your shikakhai oil is correct too. Dont worry about veg oils etc, The main thing is that it works, and unless your allergic to those two ingredients your good

Its better to mix the amla powder with shikakai powder if your hair tends to be dry. i wouldnt use shikakai on its own as it can become stiffening. always use more amla then shikakhai!

Also mix this together in water very well, then add cold water to make it bearable to pour over your head.

Last edited:
congrats!:yep: are they now stocking the indian poo' powder in a bss in town?
UK ladies (Candy and Naturalline) - I bought my Amla powerat a branch of Sainsbury in Streatham London, they also sell Vatika, Amla oils in the ethnic food section - if you live in very mixed area as I do try there or even Tesco

Candy, I'm interested in trying out the powders. I have the vatika and amla oils, but I've been reading so much about the powders and the benefits as well. However, I'm not going to try anything just yet until I get this breakage situation under control. What do you suggest for a first time beginner for using the powders?

I've thrown my amla box away as it got ruined with oil, but if it resembles this:

Dabur-Amla-Hair-Oil-Big.gif

You have the right one :grin:

Your shikakhai oil is correct too. Dont worry about veg oils etc, The main thing is that it works, and unless your allergic to those two ingredients your good

Its better to mix the amla powder with shikakai powder if your hair tends to be dry. i wouldnt use shikakai on its own as it can become stiffening. always use more amla then shikakhai!

Also mix this together in water very well, then add cold water to make it bearable to pour over your head.

Smooches!:kisses: Thanx C, your the best. Im starting my mission 2morrow and I can barely wait im so excited:yay:

Last edited:
Candy, I'm interested in trying out the powders. I have the vatika and amla oils, but I've been reading so much about the powders and the benefits as well. However, I'm not going to try anything just yet until I get this breakage situation under control. What do you suggest for a first time beginner for using the powders?

This may help with your breakage. I was having clumps of hair coming out. I stopped shampooing and started to only use the shikakai (oil/powder) to wash and limiting my products to only Candy's Avococo butter or just plain coconut oil to my hair. HTH...and good luck.

Thanks candy_c, i had to go out to an indian grocer and get the shikakai and amla powder/oil, i will make my own shikakai oil, all for under $10!!! Thanks again!!

WOW is all i can say at your hair!!! Its gorgeous!!! Ok so I am biting your regimen for these products:look:...thats like crazy growth!! Looks good girl!:grin:

I'm lovin' your results CandyC. I really need to make use of the Indian Market near my home. Thus far I have bought my Parachute Coconut Oil, Vatika Oil and Amla Light Oil from the store and I was just there yesterday. Looks like I need to make another trip!

Great progress! Im venturing over into these products...I have shikakai powder and a couple of samples of alma powder. Ill try the rinse.

Didnt someone say u can make shikakai oil from the powder somehow? I didnt see it in the store and I dont want to order it and pay shipping. There is another local store so maybe Ill try there for the alma and shikakai oils.

Lemme ask this though....what is the difference between the powders and the oils as far as what do u use them for and why? Are they interchangable?

About time! They took their time didnt they :ohwell: hmmmm not good royal mail

Why did I come in this damn thread????? WHY, WHY, WHY!!!

I just gave and threw away a bunch of products. Now I get paid this Saturday and you know Imma be at the Indian store buying up whatever you just said worked. Let me print out the instructions....

This may help with your breakage. I was having clumps of hair coming out. I stopped shampooing and started to only use the shikakai (oil/powder) to wash and limiting my products to only Candy's Avococo butter or just plain coconut oil to my hair. HTH...and good luck.
Oh girl, thank you for telling me this!! I'm off to the herb shop in a few minutes to go get some organic coconut oil. I'm still researching the Shikakai oils & powder to find out where I can get some without having to pay for shipping. I think I may give this a try sometime soon. BTW, how were you applying the coconut oil to your hair?

I agree with the other poster, that these powders will help your breakage!

i think using the rinse once per week to start with will help, use 4 teaspoons of amla and 2 teaspoons of shikakhai powder, add a tablespoon of coconut oil and some boiling water. Then add equal parts of cold water.

-shampoo
-add the rinse to your hair
-leave on for 5mins (whilst doing ur shower thang)
-rinse off with warm water
-deep condition-finish with a super cold rinse
-blowdry the hair
-use coconut oil daily for the whole week as a moisturizer

if that dont help, SLAP me!

I agree with the other poster, that these powders will help your breakage!

i think using the rinse once per week to start with will help, use 4 teaspoons of amla and 2 teaspoons of shikakhai powder, add a tablespoon of coconut oil and some boiling water. Then add equal parts of cold water.

-shampoo
-add the rinse to your hair
-leave on for 5mins (whilst doing ur shower thang)
-rinse off with warm water
-deep condition-finish with a super cold rinse
-blowdry the hair
-use coconut oil daily for the whole week as a moisturizer

Thanks.

if that dont help, SLAP me!

Candy, how much water did you use to mix with the powders you have stated above? for example...1 cup of boiling water then mix with 1 cup of cold water to pour over your hair? Was it something like that? Thanks.

Oh girl, thank you for telling me this!! I'm off to the herb shop in a few minutes to go get some organic coconut oil. I'm still researching the Shikakai oils & powder to find out where I can get some without having to pay for shipping. I think I may give this a try sometime soon. BTW, how were you applying the coconut oil to your hair?

:yep::yep:What Candy said...although I don't blowdry. I also use the coconut oil as an oil rinse, or on wet hair to let airdry (amazing after slapping this stuff on once myhair is dry it is not greasy at all), or as a pre-poo. Good luck and I hope this works for you!

ETA: in case you are scared to start off with the Shikakai powders for fear of too drying, try the oils (shikakai, amla, etc) and do a prepoo and then rinse.

Last edited:
Candy, how much water did you use to mix with the powders you have stated above? for example...1 cup of boiling water then mix with 1 cup of cold water to pour over your hair? Was it something like that? Thanks.

SAY half a cup of hot, and then half a cup of cold....you dont want to dilute it tooo much :grin:

Back