The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

:yep::yep:What Candy said...although I don't blowdry. I also use the coconut oil as an oil rinse, or on wet hair to let airdry (amazing after slapping this stuff on once myhair is dry it is not greasy at all), or as a pre-poo. Good luck and I hope this works for you!

ETA: in case you are scared to start off with the Shikakai powders for fear of too drying, try the oils (shikakai, amla, etc) and do a prepoo and then rinse.

couldnt have said it better :grin:

So basically would the oils be less drying than the powders?

Im about to do a rinse right now with alma and shikakai! Ill report back the results.

After reading this thread yesterday, the PJ went to my local Indian store and went to go pick up these items.

So I found a product that had the amla and shikahai(sp) oil combined in one and I also picked up this Vatika enriched coconut oil. I put both products in my hair. They absorbed instantly but didn't smell to great. I ran some Jasmine oil in there just for a scent and headed out the door (errands to run). I didn't sleep with my baggy (wasn't home:rolleyes:), but when I came home this morning I put a little more in to go to work.

My hair is definitely softer feeling and will continue to use.
icon14.gif

I believe it CandyC.

I have been doing the rinses, and my hair is much stronger.

Last night I did one with shikakai and alma, I rinsed put some leave in conditioner in (Elucenece MB Condish) and sealed with some Castor oil. I let my hair airdry in a bun it feels so smooth, moisturized and has a healthy shine too it.

Cant wait to see what type of growth I get in a few months.

So basically would the oils be less drying than the powders?

Im about to do a rinse right now with alma and shikakai! Ill report back the results.

I personally haven't had any problems with Shikakai powders. Technically what I learned yesterday from a site is that you are supposed to give yourself a "hair bath" in oil such as coconut or Amla and then use the powders so you wont have any dryness problems. I have read on here about some people suffering dryness from the powders. If you are scared to use the powders, I suggest doing the hair baths in oil or using the actual oils instead of the powders.

I am still learning, but this is one thing that I can actually feel the difference. I haven't been documenting so I haven't seen any growth...but watching people like Candy, DLewis (who I first heard about amla oil) and Sereca who have all shown thickness, growth and shine I am definitely convinced. And it's natural so I am a believer. HTH

I personally haven't had any problems with Shikakai powders. Technically what I learned yesterday from a site is that you are supposed to give yourself a "hair bath" in oil such as coconut or Amla and then use the powders so you wont have any dryness problems. I have read on here about some people suffering dryness from the powders. If you are scared to use the powders, I suggest doing the hair baths in oil or using the actual oils instead of the powders.

I am still learning, but this is one thing that I can actually feel the difference. I haven't been documenting so I haven't seen any growth...but watching people like Candy, DLewis (who I first heard about amla oil) and Sereca who have all shown thickness, growth and shine I am definitely convinced. And it's natural so I am a believer. HTH

Thanks! I just did a rinse with alma and shikakai and Im sitting under the dryer. My hair felt nice and strong. My scalp also feels tingly. Ill see how it looks/feels when I take my rollers out.

Side note: DONT get that stuff in your eye....it burns like heck...:lachen:
When I was pouring it over my head a little must have run in my eye. My eyes and my nose were burning lol.

How expensive are the products? :look:

Ava, Ayurvedic products are probably the least expensive hair products you can get that deliver INCREDIBLE results for your hair in terms of health, shine, growth and strength!:yep:

The powders can be found anywhere from $1-$3
The oils range from $3-$12 usually

A full regimen of supplies generally being well under $25-$30 :yep:

Okay, so I am behind and confused. Am I using both the oils and the powders??

I went to Amazon and saw I guess brand names; Dabur and then there was Hesh. Is that right? Are they brands?

Thanks! I just did a rinse with alma and shikakai and Im sitting under the dryer. My hair felt nice and strong. My scalp also feels tingly. Ill see how it looks/feels when I take my rollers out.

Side note: DONT get that stuff in your eye....it burns like heck...:lachen:
When I was pouring it over my head a little must have run in my eye. My eyes and my nose were burning lol.

=====

How did your hair turn out...I just ordered me some also...
Also how did you do yours?
Your mixture measurements (approx)
How long did you leave it on your hair?
Did you use heat?
Any info appreicated...

TIA

WOW, I love your hair... It is just awesome...
I ordered me some of those oils...

Congrats on all that growth...

does it work the same when the powders are boiled in a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut oil?

I ordered the shikaikai and amla powders but since I am 10 weeks post relaxer my hair tangles like crazy so I am using the oil rinses to stretch to the 12 weeks.

Come on guys, somebody answer me :ohwell: I am interested in trying this but I need to know how am I using it...

Am I using both the powder and oil together at the same time?

Congrats on your new growth. I've never had any success with amla or shikakai powders - experimented w/them yrs. ago and they freeze-dried my hair. I couldn't get a finger/comb through it! I guess it's all in the application b/c you applied the powders after applying the oils.

=====

How did your hair turn out...I just ordered me some also...
Also how did you do yours?
Your mixture measurements (approx)
How long did you leave it on your hair?
Did you use heat?
Any info appreicated...

TIA

My hair came out slightly dry (nothing a little elasta qp recovery didnt cure)...but I think it was bc I used too much setting lotion. Other than that its now really soft, I lost hardly any hair during detangling/rollersetting, its shiny, and feels strong (not weak at all). And like I said earlier, my scalp does feel tingly so I think it definitely does something for growth.

I used 1 tsp alma powder to 1 tbsp shikakai (I only had a sample of alma or I wouldve used more)....boiled it in 1/2 cup water, then added another 1/2 cup cold water and poured it over my head....left it on while I showered..rinsed. I didnt use heat. HTH!

My hair came out slightly dry (nothing a little elasta qp recovery didnt cure)...but I think it was bc I used too much setting lotion. Other than that its now really soft, I lost hardly any hair during detangling/rollersetting, its shiny, and feels strong (not weak at all). And like I said earlier, my scalp does feel tingly so I think it definitely does something for growth.

I used 1 tsp alma powder to 1 tbsp shikakai (I only had a sample of alma or I wouldve used more)....boiled it in 1/2 cup water, then added another 1/2 cup cold water and poured it over my head....left it on while I showered..rinsed. I didnt use heat. HTH!

You go Leslie! :clapping: I know you'll be trying to start your "I reached Boob Length' thread next month! :rolleyes: :lachen: I'm glad it turned out well!:grin:

I kind of know what ayurveda is. It's, like, the Hindu method of health and medicine, right? But I would like to learn a little more about it. Does anyone know of any informative sites that will teach me more about Ayurveda and hair-care?

Here is what i use regularly​

PICTURED:

L-R​

prodsje6.jpg

-HESH Shikakhai powder
-Le Kair Self Heating Oil (every hair loving lady should have this)
-Ancient Formula Shikakhai Oil
-HESH Amla Powder
-Avo'coco Hair Creme​

I use these every 3 days (except the self heating oil - which i use every month) For my indian regime.​

NOT PICTURED:

-DABUR Amla Oil, i've used this as a pre-poo overnight for years - i also apply o nthe day of washing to hair ends
- Keracare Humecto (once a month i have decided to shampoo and deep condition)
- Keracare Hydrating Poo
- Boiling Water (to mix the herbs)

- Ionic Blowdryer (had to blowdry to trim!)​

Thanks for the wonderful tips Candy C and product recs! :up: Your hair looks absolutely divine.

You go Leslie! :clapping: I know you'll be trying to start your "I reached Boob Length' thread next month! :rolleyes: :lachen: I'm glad it turned out well!:grin:

:lachen:lol ur crazy Hericane. My hair has a different feel to it that I cant describe....I think Ive seen ppl mention their hair feels heavier using these products....its something like that. It feels more dense. My hair is really starting to feel like a new head of hair since I started using henna, alma and vatika oils, rollersetting, and now this. I feel like Im well on my way!

I kind of know what ayurveda is. It's, like, the Hindu method of health and medicine, right? But I would like to learn a little more about it. Does anyone know of any informative sites that will teach me more about Ayurveda and hair-care?

Check these out:

http://www.ayurveda-herbal-remedy.com/beauty-care/hair-care.html

http://www.indianhairoil.com/haircare01.html

http://www.ayurbalance.com/beauty_haircare.htm (EXCELLENT SITE):yep:

http://www.radico.com/ayurvedic-products/history-philosophy.html

Ladies..please help..how do you use the shikakhai? How do I mix it and what do I mix it with? Is it used as a shampoo? conditioner? In what order. Also how do I do a oil rinse? What oil do I use do I do it before or after shampoo? on wet or dry air?

Okay...

*slow ass newbie*

Can you say what you have been doing, but use more "dummy" terms and further explain each step?

Your hair is beautiful and I am sorry for your loss.

:hug: and I don't even know you, but things like that break my heart.

Please tell me what you think attributes your no breakage of hair over your journey?:look:

WOW WOW WOWOWOWOWOW​

(i'm aware the title is a bit i nyour face - but i'm excited ok? i am allowed to be excited from time to time lol)​

OKKKKAYYY​

i didnt expect this much progress after just around 20 days (3 weeks)​

8fpg50o.jpg

LEFT PIC NOV 5TH (you remember my update 20 days ago - look for it, cos this aint no joke!)

RIGHT PIC NOV 25TH!!

Keep in mind i've been flouncy with my vits, (not taking them every single night) the only thing ive done is oil wash for around 30 days, and use shikakai and amla powder with water (pouring over my head) as a cleansing/all-round healthy hair rinse...​

I'm so happy!​

disclaimer: please dont look at my stretch marks​

and ps. i managed to pressure my local asian bss store to stock these powders woooo!!!!!​

Oh and i must now believe SOME topical growths do work :smile:

Back