The Rori Raye Way

The Language of Letting Go by Melodie Beattie is a good companion to these teachings.

I hadn't picked it up in a while but when I did, I can see that my codependency caused me great angst.

I'm also moving a bit slower through the materials because I want to process the breakup. I need to validate and feel all of the feelings before I can move ahead.

So far, even in commitment blueprint her teachings aren't about how to make a guy do anything. It's about you and how men react to you. She spends about 85% of her advice on emotional or mental states and 10% on you being in your body and like 5% on the outer shell keeping yourself nice type of stuff.

I feel like this is primarily what I need...learning to control my own behavior and my mindset, and not wonder why this one isn't seeing what a catch I am or moving at my pace. I also feel that with certain men that I am really attracted to, their actions have too much influence on how I end up feeling about myself. I get attached to outcomes and if the outcome doesn't match what I want, then I take it personally and say "I must have done something wrong!" I think it only really happens when I feel like I made myself vulnerable. But I know RR sees vulnerability as strength. Somehow I think that negative emotional energy gets "out there" even if you're not around the person. Is Commitment Blueprint the best one to do for getting over that?

The Language of Letting Go by Melodie Beattie is a good companion to these teachings.

I hadn't picked it up in a while but when I did, I can see that my codependency caused me great angst.

I'm also moving a bit slower through the materials because I want to process the breakup. I need to validate and feel all of the feelings before I can move ahead.

Melodie Beattie's book, Co-Dependent No More, changed my life.

That's awesome! If your open to it, please share how.

For me, it opened my eyes to what was normal and what wasn't. I learned that codependency is multi generational in my family. I broke the cycle on my end and now I can't relate to some people because I don't see the world in the way that I used to.

@ArrrBeee The two most powerful takeaways for me were 1) that codependents are re-actors, always reacting to someone else versus being the lead actors in their own life story. Never truly taking center stage, being the star of their own play. The idea of always being focused on what someone else did or said made me sick to the stomach.

And 2) that codependents are very controlling. They may be nice and helpful and all that jazz but they are always trying to get people to behave differently, do things their way, see things from their perspective, etc. versus accepting people for who they are and leaving them be.

Same here. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. Like you and @ArrrBeee said, it opened my eyes to things that I didn't know were not normal. It's all I knew. I was driving myself crazy trying to rescue the addict from themselves to my own detriment. Here I was neglecting myself and my needs, waiting on them hand and foot, and being nice and accommodating to them. Yet all that got me was criticism, them telling me I wasn't doing enough for them, that I was selfish, etc... I needed to see that I was becoming a co-addict too. Addicted to controlling with niceness and fixing everything. I was reacting to them. The greatest day in my life was when I started my recovery. Sure they were pissed off at me for letting them carry their own loads but I didn't care. I wasn't mad at myself anymore.

That's awesome! If your open to it, please share how.

For me, it opened my eyes to what was normal and what wasn't. I learned that codependency is multi generational in my family. I broke the cycle on my end and now I can't relate to some people because I don't see the world in the way that I used to.
I really feel I will be heading in this direction as well. Yesterday was really bad for me. Just when I thought I was making progress, being quiet, etc, I get blindsighted. I was so reactive and I was defending myself. Now I'm just shattered again, trying to figure out how to gather the pieces to put myself back together again. I saw it coming, but there was no way I could see out of it. Once this is all said and done, I can never go back to this again. I can never allow people to dictate what direction I'm suppose to go in life. I'm so angry right now.

I really feel I will be heading in this direction as well. Yesterday was really bad for me. Just when I thought I was making progress, being quiet, etc, I get blindsighted. I was so reactive and I was defending myself. Now I'm just shattered again, trying to figure out how to gather the pieces to put myself back together again. I saw it coming, but there was no way I could see out of it. Once this is all said and done, I can never go back to this again. I can never allow people to dictate what direction I'm suppose to go in life. I'm so angry right now.

(((Hugs))) So sorry @shortdub78.

Same here. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. Like you and @ArrrBeee said, it opened my eyes to things that I didn't know were not normal. It's all I knew. I was driving myself crazy trying to rescue the addict from themselves to my own detriment. Here I was neglecting myself and my needs, waiting on them hand and foot, and being nice and accommodating to them. Yet all that got me was criticism, them telling me I wasn't doing enough for them, that I was selfish, etc... I needed to see that I was becoming a co-addict too. Addicted to controlling with niceness and fixing everything. I was reacting to them. The greatest day in my life was when I started my recovery. Sure they were pissed off at me for letting them carry their own loads but I didn't care. I wasn't mad at myself anymore.

I was thinking about this earlier today. It really is like being in recovery, lifelong recovery from trying to control others with niceness; fretting over others; avoiding being the lead actress in our own lives; making ourselves the sacrifice; suffering. We learn day by day how to take control of our own lives; be independent; take good care of ourselves; to really love our beautiful selves; to say no without apology; to walk away from unhealthy situations without over explanation. It's ok to just say good bye. Or not even that if it's an unsafe/abusive situation. A codependent life is a very unhappy one. It's perpetual childhood, victimhood. Someone else is always at the center of our world.

:bighug:

It takes time. I thought that I would be "fixed" by now but like @hopeful said, it's really like being in recovery. When you fall back into the old patterns, remember to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Don't beat yourself up. You're relearning how to relate to others and yourself. It's a beautiful, valuable, and messy process. You won't always get it right and you're not supposed to.

:bighug:

It takes time. I thought that I would be "fixed" by now but like @hopeful said, it's really like being in recovery. When you fall back into the old patterns, remember to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Don't beat yourself up. You're relearning how to relate to others and yourself. It's a beautiful, valuable, and messy process. You won't always get it right and you're not supposed to.
You are right. It's hard when you are in the mist of it. I'm in the lion's den.

Commitment blueprint is blowing my mind :pullhair:
In this one section she talks about noticing how we feel when we're in a person's presence. If we feel tense/angry/unsafe, instead of shutting completely down she recommends just backing up. You remain open and in control of your feelings and you are not reacting to someone else. You simply remove yourself from the cause of the bad feelings. How empowering to simply opt out of other people's bad behaviors! Like, I'm not even acknowledging it.

Excerpt from her recent newsletter:

Letter From A Reader
Here's a letter from Jane, who's struggling with her own opinion of herself - see if you can spot how she's working against herself:

Q."Dear Rori,
I have used your Tools and programs and find them to be very helpful. The only thing I question is how long do you lean back? I've found, in my experience, that men can interpret "leaning back" as disinterested and they will pull away because I didn't reciprocate.

I guess I'm struggling with the whole "unnaturalness" of it. For instance, last night I wanted to see Dan after a work dinner that was downtown, close to where he lives. I casually let him know where the dinner was and what time the dinner started. I said I would talk to him later on the phone, that afternoon (he called me the day before, and I hadn't returned his call...hoping to lean back). Things seemed a bit awkward on the phone. But I went to the dinner and called him at 8:45pm. He didn't answer. I didn't leave a message. I gave it everything I had to not stop by or call again or leave a message.

But today I slipped. I called him and left a message. I feel like if I don't at least let him know I care that he'll take that as a sign I'm not into him and vanish.

But he called me back tonight and we talked for 25 minutes. I didn't want to ask to do anything with him, even though I wanted to. He just rambled on how he was cleaning his place and how nice it was outside.

I wanted to scream, "Then we should do something." But I didn't. I did break down and tell him that I would like to see him, but it sounded like he needed some time to himself. I used a lot of "feel" statements too. Where do you draw the line with suggesting fun things to do?

From your program it sounds like you discourage ever being active in the relationship... ALWAYS giving the reigns to him. I would think a man would be turned off by this, rather than coming towards me at times. He might feel I was not very interesting and indecisive.

Men like when us women know what we want and where we want to go or to say what we like to do. How is giving them all the power making me more powerful?

My one question at this point: I think I need to see other people, since he doesn't seem to be too into me lately and is withdrawing, after a wonderful weekend at the triathlon and his beach house. Do I have to tell him I am seeing other people, since he's told me he's not sure about long term commitment? And how do I say that? I have to say, I am very scared. I REALLY like him and don't want to lose him. He seems to be the kind of guy that would not be open to that, since he has always said he is a one woman man. But I know it's not fair to me.

Thanks for your wonderful program. Jane"

A. I asked Jane if I could use her letter here as a springboard. There's so much in it, so I'll touch on the general points, first:

1. Until a man asks you to commit to him in a permanent way - he understands that you are not exclusive. That's the way it is. I don't mean sleep with other men, I mean lunch, coffee, the museum, dinner. If he doesn't book you and doesn't call you, then he doesn't get to keep you all to himself. Simple and plain.

2. What Jane brought up about a woman being boring and uninteresting if we don't hold up our end of the relationship by letting a man know we're interested is a fabulous question, actually a HUGE question, and I'm going to chip away at it here - and first by giving Jane some "tough love."

At this moment, just from reading Jane's words, and how careful she's being and how hard she's finding it to keep herself from making "moves" toward the man, you and I can see she's actually putting out the "vibe" that inside, she's a desperate, needy, wanting-what-she's-not-getting- from-him, hung-up-on-him woman.

As Jane says it herself - this is the truth about what's going on for her.

When you're FEELING this way inside, no amount of pretending to be "cool" is going to convince him that you're a self-assured woman who can take him or leave him, but simply "likes" him.

A very wonderful way to feel like and actually demonstrate that you're a powerful woman who simply "likes" a man is to be open to other men. It will raise your self esteem. You will start to experience men all around you chasing you down, and either this man will step up, or he'll get lost in the shuffle. He'll get trampled by the other men beating a path to your door.

This is about confidence, and I think that's the kind of woman Jane wants (we all want) to be.

But you can't just do things that represent your IMPRESSION of what a confident woman looks like. For Jane, it's calling her man and pretending she's a strong woman - even though she's most often feeling completely NOT strong.

Because right now, when she calls him, she knows, and you and I know that it's because of NEED. We all know that Jane can barely "keep control" of herself and not call him.

So that's the work she needs to do now. Jane needs to do the Inside work of my Tools to get herself to that place where - Yes! - she can do or say ANYTHING!

And if you find her story familiar (I sure do, though thankfully from long ago) try it for yourself, too.
Now, let's get to some of the nuts and bolts of Jane's letter. Jane mentions "...I hadn't returned his call... hoping to lean back".

I'm so happy to be able to clarify this: There is a HUGE difference between not INITIATING calling a man and not calling him BACK. Not calling a man back - if he ASKS you to - is not a good way to go (I know we'd all consider it rude if a man did that to us), and if you don't call him back on purpose, HOPING to make him feel a certain way, it'll backfire on you.

Your vibe will give you away. You'll be radiating the truth, no matter how hard you try to hide it, and you'll feel icky.

So here are some ways to know how to handle calling a man "back":

• If he ASKS you to call him back, call him back
  • If he has a bad habit of calling, leaving vague messages, and then drifting away for a while, DON'T call him
  • If he's somewhere in-between, a new man in your life perhaps, and he calls you but NEGLECTS to SPECIFICALLY ask you to call back - call him back and see what happens
  • If he talks with you, but doesn't ask to see you - then you know. You know he's not a man who's likely to initiate - even when you give him the benefit of the doubt
Your "vibe" is WAY more important than any specific words you say or actions you do. This is where it's easy to confuse initiating with "reciprocating," as Jane says.

I don't want you "reciprocating" event for event. You know the kind - where if he does it, then you do it back. It's easy to get caught up in that, and truly- it's just keeping "score." It's an excuse to do masculine energy initiating.

The kind of reciprocating that WORKS is the whole Rori Raye method:

You Open Your Heart
You radiate OUT your confidence, warmth, and the real feelings you feel for him in the way you smile, the way your eyes twinkle, the way your hand relaxes when he holds it, the way you listen to him, the way you seem at ease with yourself and comfortable in your own skin when you're with him - the way you TRUST him as a man.

This is ALL the GIVING a woman needs to do.

It's the whole package. From there, ALL your words and actions will FEEL "natural."

Jane's experience of "wanting to see" her man because an event she was going to was close to his house was actually a very aggressive thought. I know that's hard to hear - but it's an aggressive (not simply assertive) impulse to think that because you're going to be in his "neighborhood" you should somehow let him know and hope he'll invite you over.

And you make it even worse by trying to accomplish this by dropping a "hint." That's a maneuver that ANY man would consider "Playing Games," and it propelled Jane into a whole mental state of "strategizing."

THAT'S why it all feels so "unnatural" to her. Because it ISN'T natural. The natural thing to do would be to FORGET about him unless he's either on the phone with her or right in front of her.

When Jane says she "casually" mentioned the dinner - WE know she didn't FEEL casual at all! Again, that's why it felt unnatural.

Leaning Back Is Not A Game
It is the "anti-game." Leaning Back is giving yourself a chance to breathe, to feel, and to intuit what's going on around you.

Leaning Back gives a man a chance to breathe, the space to appreciate you and come forward to be with you, and the INSPIRATION to want to get to know you.

At the end, Jane says he finally called and they talked for 25 minutes. He "rambled on" about cleaning his house, and he did not step forward to ask to see her. And Jane says she wanted to "scream... Let's do something!"

It's absolutely impossible to "appear" cool, confident, relaxed and happy when you actually want to SCREAM. It's impossible to appear "authentic" and "natural" when you're PRETENDING.

His chatter about his "household" was the HUGE sign he was waving that he was moving into "just friends" territory.

Why Your Vibe Is So Important
It's not what Jane said and didn't say, or what she did and didn't do, it was her "vibe" - SCREAMING to him that she wanted him so much she was willing to do almost ANYTHING to GET him that made her feel so bad and got her nowhere with him.

Because nothing will push a man away faster than a "screaming" vibe.

The most difficult part of Jane's letter was when she said to him, on the phone, that she'd like to see him, and he said "No." Jane says he "needed some time to himself," but we all know what that means.

And by simply putting herself out in that way, and then hearing "No," I know (and you can see, too, I'm sure), that Jane wasn't paying attention to her intuition.

Her intuition would have told her that her man was merely "chatting" and wasn't about to ask to see her.

At that point, a true Feeling Message about her discomfort would have worked much better to find out where she really WAS in this "relationship." It would have protected her self-esteem, instead of wrecking it.

Now - About The Last Part Of Jane's Letter...

About POWER.

Giving a man the "reigns" in a relationship is NOT giving up your Power. Giving a man the "reigns" in a relationship is the ONLY way to see what he's made of, how much he likes you, and for you to see if you can respect and trust him to lead you and the relationship in a good direction - the direction you want to go in.

And YES, this requires knowing what you want and communicating that.

But what you want is NOT a "date" or anything specific - what you want is a wonderful relationship. And you can't do that all by yourself, for BOTH of you.

HE has to step up to the plate. And the only way to find out if he's ENOUGH for YOU is to LET him step up to the plate.

Where you and all of us hold the real power is in our decision - at every moment - to BE THERE with this man.

Our Power Resides In Being Able To Say No
Our Power resides in having a strong sense of who we are, being able to speak honestly and authentically from our hearts, and NOT taking "crap" from any man.

I know it feels like it, but a man's disinterest is not "crap." It's just disinterest.

Once we find out about his disinterest, by giving him the space to step up to the plate or not - it's what WE do that determines how powerful we feel, and how powerful we are.

By continuing to want him in a way that compromises her feelings about HERSELF, Jane is GIVING UP her Power. Feeling one way and then acting and saying something very different, something that doesn't match what you feel - is the opposite of power.

I know this is a complex issue, and I'll be talking about it more and more. Because power is not what we've been taught it is.

Power in love is our birthright as women. We don't have to show it - we only have to LIVE in it.

So, Jane - here's the work you need to do.

The Leanback, Feeling Messages, every single one of my Tools that are about how to talk and Be with a man in a way that will magnetize him are about helping you shift your "vibe" from the OUTSIDE IN.

And all my Tools that work to steady you, ground you, make you feel NATURALLY and organically good all through you - all the way down to your toes - shift your "vibe" from the INSIDE OUT.

@Belle Du Jour I think I read this one and I didn't get a chance to read the answer. But almost immediately her first mistake is not dating other people. All her focus is on him. You can tell by how anxious she sounds about him not being interested. Circular dating cures that. Easy. She's also doing this weird thing where she thinks if she does "this" then maybe he'll do "that". Why ignore his phone call when you want to talk to him but then get all crazy the next day when he doesn't call? Not answering his call won't make him call you the next day. She is supposed to respond to him. Hinting at wanting to do something the next day when she had an chance to speak to him the day before was pointless. She's playing around and he can probably tell.

Eta: Ok this isn't the one I read. Does Rori have 2 different newsletters. The one I get emailed is "love advice newsletters"

Last edited:
@Belle Du Jour I think I read this one and I didn't get a chance to read the answer. But almost immediately her first mistake is not dating other people. All her focus is on him. You can tell by how anxious she sounds about him not being interested. Circular dating cures that. Easy. She's also doing this weird thing where she thinks if she does "this" then maybe he'll do "that". Why ignore his phone call when you want to talk to him but then get all crazy the next day when he doesn't call? Not answering his call won't make him call you the next day. She is supposed to respond to him. Hinting at wanting to do something the next day when she had an chance to speak to him the day before was pointless. She's playing around and he can probably tell.

Eta: Ok this isn't the one I read. Does Rori have 2 different newsletters. The one I get emailed is "love advice newsletters"

Hmm not sure if there are different newsletters...

I agree with you. This woman was too focused on this one man. Then she was playing games and being inauthentic. Men can smell manipulation/inauthenticity from a mile away. What I'm liking about RR is she is helping me to tap into how a guy is making me feel and act. If I'm being inauthentic or trying to control outcomes, I can just drop it. I LOVED the woman who spoke about Queens/the story of Esther in Commitment Blueprint. It really resonated with me when she said just stand still and give him the chance to act. And when your energy isn't focused on him but on yourself, if he is interested in you it will draw him like a magnet. I love that this is self-focused instead of man=focused like a lot of other material out there.

Last edited:
Here's my review of what I've listened to so far:

Modern Siren: I like that this has a workbook to go with it. She ties all of her examples to ancient greek sirens and goes through the elements of what made them seductive one by one. This class touches on the emotional but it's so far the most heavy on the physical or sensory aspects of seduction. I liked it but it isn't my favorite course.

Commitment Blueprint (CB): This is not a step by step guide to getting your man back or to commit. It is a step by step guide to getting back to yourself and what you want. This course is about stopping right now with what's not working for you and deciding what you want. She's trying to shake you up, along the way she gives some keys on communication because obviously if you're interacting with a man he will notice. But really this course is about you committing to yourself to provide your own happiness. She does touch on different types of men out there, toxic v. clueless v. good men. It made me realize that I have been blessed to really only know good men and so that's why when I've changed my behaviors based on this and AA, I've seen marvelous results in all aspects of my life.

Love Scripts for Relationships (LSR): This course was not what I thought it was. It begins with an intro on using feeling statement and then for the remainder of the course she uses members of the audience to run through dialogues and coaches them through it. Her way of communicating is really helpful and it does draw people closer to you. She touches on power speeches and boundaries but really this is about communicating when you're in a relationship. It's definitely worth a listen and maybe one of the audience members will have a situation similar to yours.

Reconnecting Your Relationship (RYR): This is my favorite so far. This is similar to CB in that it's really about you and not at all about the other person. She goes more in depth with the ideas of connecting to your feelings and making yourself feel fulfilled. Lots of visualization and exercises.

I remember CITO/Katherine Woodward Thomas always say "who you are being is more important that what you are doing." I knew what she said was true but it drove me crazy because I had no idea what it looked like. It's such an esoteric statement. But RR actually teaches you how to sink into being and just stop doing. You really don't have to do anything other than love and take care of yourself, stop doing behaviors that lead to bad results with men (game playing and overfunctioning) and make sure you feel great! I've been doing so much self care and pampering lately. My only main stressor is work :look:

Thanks to @Kimbosheart amazing review above I'll be starting RYR hopefully this weekend.

Started RYR audio. Yesterday my mind devised 3 different ways to "lean forward" (reach out) with a guy. I'm proud to say I didn't do any of them. I also created some communication boundaries for him and for men in general. Again this am, I almost broke one of my boundaries but I remembered this violates my boundaries and wouldn't be self-honoring. It's hard but very empowering!

Started RYR audio. Yesterday my mind devised 3 different ways to "lean forward" (reach out) with a guy. I'm proud to say I didn't do any of them. I also created some communication boundaries for him and for men in general. Again this am, I almost broke one of my boundaries but I remembered this violates my boundaries and wouldn't be self-honoring. It's hard but very empowering!

That's great that you recognized and caught yourself!

Good job!

That's great that you recognized and caught yourself!

Good job!

Thank you! It's a little crazy how the mind easily creates seemingly "innocent" but manipulative ways to lean in. Women really just have this natural urge to reach out and connect but now, I know better--that's just straight up leaning forward. I was actually shocked because I didn't really think I had an issue leaning forward with this particular guy :look: I literally had the text typed and then deleted it :giggle: Not today devil! :boxing:

Back