~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Thought I would share some new hair pics. It's my usual twist out. Washed with Giovanni 50/50, detangled with some V05 and HH. I didn't have time to do a steam treatment, but I did DC for about 2 hours with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery mixed with some Qhemet Moringa Ghee. Then I finally used my new bottle of Oyin Hair Dew (smells delicious, solid leave-in, detangles pretty good) and used some Blended Beauty Happy cream. I like the definition but it's oily.

Any ideas on a good styler that has a bit of hold, moisturizing, and not oily PLEASE let me know. I'm trying this Blended Beauty, but I'm not 100% sold. Everything else I've used in my routine (besides the Moringa Ghee- I'm trying to use it up. I prefer the Cocoa Tree) is great.

Attachments

• IMG-20110202-00041.jpg
    IMG-20110202-00041.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20110202-00021 (3).jpg
    IMG-20110202-00021 (3).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG-20110202-00036 (3).jpg
    IMG-20110202-00036 (3).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 73
Thought I would share some new hair pics. It's my usual twist out. Washed with Giovanni 50/50, detangled with some V05 and HH. I didn't have time to do a steam treatment, but I did DC for about 2 hours with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery mixed with some Qhemet Moringa Ghee. Then I finally used my new bottle of Oyin Hair Dew (smells delicious, solid leave-in, detangles pretty good) and used some Blended Beauty Happy cream. I like the definition but it's oily.

Any ideas on a good styler that has a bit of hold, moisturizing, and not oily PLEASE let me know. I'm trying this Blended Beauty, but I'm not 100% sold. Everything else I've used in my routine (besides the Moringa Ghee- I'm trying to use it up. I prefer the Cocoa Tree) is great.

I am currently using (and in love with) Mozeke Mango Cupuacu butter. It's very thick, it's moisturising, my braid-outs are amazing with it and it smells so delicious that I've been asked about the perfume I'm wearing. I love this stuff! :lick:

Oyin's Shine & Define Serum

I am currently using (and in love with) Mozeke Mango Cupuacu butter. It's very thick, it's moisturising, my braid-outs are amazing with it and it smells so delicious that I've been asked about the perfume I'm wearing. I love this stuff! :lick:

Oyin's Shine & Define Serum

Thanks for your suggestions Cheekychica and Evallusion. I've never tried Mozeke, and I have used Oyin's Shine and Define but it never "defined" my hair. But I thought it was a great moisturizer.

Jane Carter Wrap and Roll. I got mine at TJ Maxx or Ross

Another morning braidout pre puff
IMG_1022.jpg

I was planning to get my hair braided today but my dispatcher decided to wait until the last minute to send me home. I'm in PA now so I won't be able to get home until some time tomorrow afternoon.:angry2: Now, I probably won't able to get my braids done until Monday or Tuesday.:wallbash::wallbash:

When did I BC: Today, Yay!!
How long post relaxer? I've been trying to remember, I think around July
I've never been natural, I've had a perm in my hair since before I started school.
I'm pretty sure that I'm a 4b, I have some cute curlies/twisties, I'm not sure about the density, I have major shrinkage and my growth pattern is up and out (as far as I can tell but my fro is pretty short)
As for my regimen, I deep condition with various Natures Gate products, various oils, baggie, blow dry and flat iron, but I'm thinking things will be change now. I'm not sure what my fav style is now, any ideas?
Current style: TWA 1" on the sides, 1 1/2" in the top with shrinkage
Goal length: Who knows, I've been everything from BSL to Chin length so as long as its healthy, I'm good.
I guess I'm going to have to change my signature, huh?

I thought i posted in here earlier....:huh:
But antyway....i jus finished twisting my hair. I am still computerless so it'll be a while before i can post pics...:fistshake: Everybody's hair looks awesome!:yep:

I saw Mwedzi's hair thread and....i am really inspired to get on the ball and reach my goal of APL by the end of the year:yep:....so now im experimenting with a no poo regimen and keeping my hair braided or twisted up for the majority of the year....i wanna be able to put my hair into some kinda pony puff by the end of the year. :grin:

I took my braids out the other day and my hair is not as long as I thought it would be.:sad: I'm definitely going to step it up on the growth aids this year (thinking about going back to MN since it seems like it was the most effective of all the ones I've used). On a positive note, I tried the Tangle Teezer today and I love it!:yep:

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to clarify with Bentonite Clay then do a hardcore Aphogee Treatment or Henna. I also plan to use the KT leave-in recipe today as well. I'm planning to go back into my braids within the next few days.

Keep up the good work, Everyone!

Hey ladies! Everyone is making great progress!

I just wanted to come and show you my puff. I used the Argan Oil Ecostyler to slick it down and put castor oil on top. It came out nicely.

dEcostylersMorrocanArganOilgel-vi.jpg

Itworkedverywell-vi.jpg

Thanks ladies.

Cheeky,

is there anywhere else to get that Mango Cupuacu Butter? I've checked her site every day to buy it, but every time I go to put it in my cart it goes back to the product page and says my cart is empty.

I know a lot of ladies use pantyhose legs. They work great. Just wrap it around pull it back and secure. I personally use the top of thigh-highs (the control part), cut off the legs and viola!!!...instant headband and perfect puff. I have to be careful though and watch the size of the thigh-high. I tried it with a medium size one and thought I was gonna pass out. Big head and small band don't go well together :blush:. Large or queen size works for me. Try the pantyhosen. HTH

Good Luck

Hmmm I might have to try that. I found some headbands and have been wearing a puff every other day, I'll have to post pics soon.

It's been a little over 5 weeks since my BC, I went into braids a week after my BC and just a day ago took those braids out (I missed my hair)! Today I tried shingling w/ a moisturizer then applied ECO styler Argan gel.... 45 minutes later I looked a HOT MESS rinsed my hair and threw into a puff. I think until I get some length a puff will be my main style. Here are a few pictures....

63259e1d-44a7-a5a9.jpg
63259e1d-44b4-dd18.jpg
63259e1d-44c3-9a87.jpg

Last edited:
Bay,

was your hair wet when you shingled or did you put the moisturizer on dry hair with gel on top? I think if you did it on soaking wet hair it would come out better. You look to be 4a/3c so your curls would really pop that way. If you think your hair is too "goopy" afterwards, just hop in the shower and let the water run over your hair for a few seconds then give it a shake.

Bay,

was your hair wet when you shingled or did you put the moisturizer on dry hair with gel on top? I think if you did it on soaking wet hair it would come out better. You look to be 4a/3c so your curls would really pop that way. If you think your hair is too "goopy" afterwards, just hop in the shower and let the water run over your hair for a few seconds then give it a shake.

Hello :wave:, when I started shingling I had just co washed and was fresh out the shower. I used Oyin honey hemp conditioner as my leave, Qhemet heavy cream and sealed with oil. By this time is was starting to dry so I prayed each area with H2O and some Jhon Frieda Curls Dream then started shingling w/ ECO. Some areas were white, I'm guessing too much product and in the dry areas the curls weren't coming in at all. Thank you for the info, next time I try it has to be soaking wet!

Sorry for posting soo much today ladies BUT... Can someone tell me if I need to cut these scraggly ends off? The other curls I have are much tighter, Heat damage, Relaxed ends maybe?!

Attachments

• photo-76.jpg
    photo-76.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 41
  • photo-78.jpg
    photo-78.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 38
  • photo-77.jpg
    photo-77.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 38
This lady at my job today came up to my desk and said "now you just have too much time on your hands with all these hairstyles--we gotta find you a boyfriend!" :look:

I politely replied "I HAVE a boyfriend and this took all of 5 minutes" Girl, BOOM bye! People are ignorant :lol:

BTW, my hair is in a puff today with the front in two flat twists a la BayAreaDream :wave: up there :) I've never worn a puff before and i've gotten so many compliments!!!

I need help desperately! My natural has been breaking off in 1/4, 1/2 inches pieces for the last 2 1/2 years. I don't know what to do to stop it. :nono:

Back