~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I think I want to put my hair away in extensions for a bit...but then I know I will get antsy...and I am trying to use up the products in my stash. Decisions decisions decisions.

I love all the pictures!!!

I'm natural, but have a BKT on my hair and thinking I won't be putting another treatment on my hair. Is it best to just let your hair grow out and then do a BC or wear a PS, such as braids, weaves, wigs until you get your desired natural legnth?

Thanks,

I love all the pictures!!!

I'm natural, but have a BKT on my hair and thinking I won't be putting another treatment on my hair. Is it best to just let your hair grow out and then do a BC or wear a PS, such as braids, weaves, wigs until you get your desired natural legnth?

Thanks,

Since you did a BKT, I would imagine you can just let it grow out since it's not permanent. As far as growing it out, many women do all of the above- weaves, wigs, braids, but I haven't done any of those things. Just a good routine that includes a lot of moisture including drinking a lot of water.

I'm taking some of my braids out tonight. I will never let anyone install Yaki Pony extensions in my hair again.:nono: I will probably have another set of braids installed next weekend. I'm thinking about keeping my hair braided for the next 6-12 months and just following the crown and glory method until I reach APL. My nape is growing back! I have learned my lesson. I will never use those elastic headbands again.

Keep up the good work everyone!

So, I'm getting my box braids tomorrow.
I took out my mini twists and detangled with Mane n Tail...
that took 1.5 hours :ohwell:
I shampooed and decided to give myself a hot oil treatment.
After that I applied my henna paste ( Henna, black tea, honey, olive oil).
I left in for 4.5 hours, DC for one hour.
My hair feels soft, yet strong.

Now on with the pitchas:

Hair after hot oil treatment:
IMG_1625.jpg

Hair with henna
IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

Hair after washing out henna
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

Hair with conditioner after henna, please don't mind my doo-do twists:lol:
IMG_1643.jpg

Hair after rinsing out DC:
IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

*sorry for the big pics*

So, I'm getting my box braids tomorrow.
I took out my mini twists and detangled with Mane n Tail...
that took 1.5 hours :ohwell:
I shampooed and decided to give myself a hot oil treatment.
After that I applied my henna paste ( Henna, black tea, honey, olive oil).
I left in for 4.5 hours, DC for one hour.
My hair feels soft, yet strong.

Now on with the pitchas:

Hair after hot oil treatment:
IMG_1625.jpg

Hair with henna
IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

Hair after washing out henna
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

Hair with conditioner after henna, please don't mind my doo-do twists:lol:
IMG_1643.jpg

Hair after rinsing out DC:
IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

*sorry for the big pics*

Nice! I see the henna gave you a little bit of color too!

Another question... how do you ladies do the puffs? I assume you are not using regular ponytail holders. For the last year, I've thought they were ponytails and when I would put my hair in one it looked very puny compared to the beautiful pictures. It was a few weeks ago that I realized not all of them are actual ponytails and it's a little different.

Do you use headbands?

Another question... how do you ladies do the puffs? I assume you are not using regular ponytail holders. For the last year, I've thought they were ponytails and when I would put my hair in one it looked very puny compared to the beautiful pictures. It was a few weeks ago that I realized not all of them are actual ponytails and it's a little different.

Do you use headbands?

The only I can do a puff is with a ponytail holder; if I use a headband my hair won't stay up and I don't like pulling my hair that tight.

Hey ladies!!! :wave:

Just stoppin in to say hello and let u all know im still here....but my computer caught a virus and died :(....but im using my phone's internet....plz forgive if i dont redpond quickly. ...good news tho! the front of my hair is FINALLY starting to fro up! lol :tantrum:

Hi guys, haven't posted a pic in a while
IMG_1015.jpg

This is me early in the morning. I slept in braids and just took out the braids. I'll get in the shower and won't get it wet but I'll let the humidity in the shower get my hair a little moisturized. I do this when I get too lazy to DC or cowash but I still try to DC at least every couple of weeks

Revisited my beloved W&G (terrible for the winter- cold and wet)
394914938.jpg

Once the W&G dried out, I styled it into a fro- hawk. Loved it! :yep:
394914942.jpg

394914940.jpg

Skiggle, your hair is so lush. I wanna touch it!

Here are a few pics of how I've been wearing my hair lately (sorry, picture quality isn't great :ohwell:):

Last edited:

Do you use headbands?

I know a lot of ladies use pantyhose legs. They work great. Just wrap it around pull it back and secure. I personally use the top of thigh-highs (the control part), cut off the legs and viola!!!...instant headband and perfect puff. I have to be careful though and watch the size of the thigh-high. I tried it with a medium size one and thought I was gonna pass out. Big head and small band don't go well together :blush:. Large or queen size works for me. Try the pantyhosen. HTH

Good Luck

My hair has been in twists for exactly ONE week and I already miss my curls so much. I miss sitting and rolling my curls around my fingers, seeing how big it can get and just looking at it. I'm already getting the itch to take them out. I wanted to keep them in for at least a month. Yall light a candle for me.

Oh yeah...I combed out my hair a few weeks ago and this is what it looked like. Yes I went out in public like that...after I threw a cute scarf up front and some big earrings. You couldn't tell me nuthin' :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_20110109_160711.jpg
    IMG_20110109_160711.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20110109_160728.jpg
    IMG_20110109_160728.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 34

Do you use headbands?

It depends how big you want it you can use skinny headbands with alot of stretch or get Goody custom fit adjustable headbands. Walmart, walgreen carry them.

Goody

Hi. I'm newly natural.

When you BCd 1-03-2011

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd 3 months

Have you been natural before? no

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness 4a

Your current regimen Co wash and DC 3x week, moisturise and seal. Porosity control 1x week. Clarify 2x month.

Your favorite styles I have a twa......that's all that needs to be said. :lol:

Your current length and goal length Current length-TWA Goal-WL

Your photo album, if any not yet

Yay I got some pics uploaded! :grin:

I tried Foxgove's method of getting waves and this is what I got:

30n9q4k.jpg
This was just 10 minutes with a scarf on. Thanks Foxglove!!! :up:

A braid out from yesterday:

33avrio.jpg
2elgmlf.jpg
2la3arb.jpg

And this is me today with the old braid out (all poofy because I went to the gym last night and also I just plopped a bonnet on and went to bed without re-braiding).

2q1yu4m.jpg

It's so weird how I think my hair looks big in person and then I take a pic and see how small it still really is. :lachen:

Ugh today I had my WORST hair day every since being natural. I left the house this morning with in a WNG. By the time to my office I could see my hair starting to do its own thing. By 8am I had to run downstairs to Target and pick up a headband because it was blowing up. LOL

I am about to pre-treat my hair with some oils, then wash with a sulfate free poo, steam and..............................see what happens next. *le sigh*

ETA Pic....LOOK HOW DRY IT IS..... IDEAS???

8bd8dd7b-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh today I had my WORST hair day every since being natural. I left the house this morning with in a WNG. By the time to my office I could see my hair starting to do its own thing. By 8am I had to run downstairs to Target and pick up a headband because it was blowing up. LOL

I am about to pre-treat my hair with some oils, then wash with a sulfate free poo, steam and..............................see what happens next. *le sigh*

ETA Pic....LOOK HOW DRY IT IS..... IDEAS???

8bd8dd7b-1.jpg

You have to test the hair style out before you go out to work or etc. It maybe the heat, air in the building or maybe not enough products etc.. I can't do wng in winter or when it's humid. Trial/error on hairstyles but always keep bands, brush and gels at work for back ups. Congrats and Good luck.

You have to test the hair style out before you go out to work or etc. It maybe the heat, air in the building or maybe not enough products etc.. I can't do wng in winter or when it's humid. Trial/error on hairstyles but always keep bands, brush and gels at work for back ups. Congrats and Good luck.

Thank you. I've been wearing nothing but WnGs since my BC. I truly believe it was the products I have in my hair today. I had everything but the kitchen sink. LOL Last night I tried doing flat twist. I first applied Mixed chicks leave-in (I was just going to baggy with that and oil overnight, then I decided to do the flat twist.

For the twist I used my shea mixture and Eco styler Argan oil gel. My hair was supper soft but I wasn't comfy wearing it to work just yet. SO.......I rewet my hair with water in a spray bottle. I then added some Paul Mitchell Runway and Foaming Pommade. I probably had too much product in my hair. I have GOT to get it together. LOL

Hi All. So I used to subscribe to LHCF when I was in college but fell off but I'm back and this time I'm all natural(I was relaxed when I was here previously)

When you BCd 2-01-2011

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd 2 months

Have you been natural before? yes

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics: I think I'm a mixture of 4a and 4b. My hair is very very dry. I notice that although my hair is think the strands are very thin.

Your current regimen Co wash and DC 3x week, moisturise and seal. I'm keeping things as simple as possible considering the below pic! lol

Your favorite styles: I have a twa

Your current length :TWA

goal length: as strange as it may seem I only want APL/BSL hair. Anything longer would annoy me.

Your photo album: No but I'll post updates. Here is the first pic:Bigchop.jpg

Back