~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I can't believe 2010 is coming to a close already! I've learned so much from you ladies this year. I' may not post much, but I'm taking it all in :yep:.

Is anyone coming up on their 1 yr bc anniversary soon? Mine is the end of Feb and I am EXCITED!!!!

January 9th is my nappiversary. It's crazy to imagine how I really came into my own over this year.

My nappiversary will be 19 Jan so we are very close. I've learned alot, spend $$$ trying to figure out what products my hair like, and how to style it. Love it and willing to continue to learn more.

i'm irked that my braidouts don't turn out pretty. ♥

The one in your siggy looks really nice to me.

I can't believe 2010 is coming to a close already! I've learned so much from you ladies this year. I' may not post much, but I'm taking it all in :yep:.

Is anyone coming up on their 1 yr bc anniversary soon? Mine is the end of Feb and I am EXCITED!!!!

My nappiversary will be 19 Jan so we are very close. I've learned alot, spend $$$ trying to figure out what products my hair like, and how to style it. Love it and willing to continue to learn more.

Haha, you and me both (spending money). I've got my staple dc, shampoo, and moisturizer now though. Are you doing anything special for the anniversary?

January 9th is my nappiversary. It's crazy to imagine how I really came into my own over this year.

Wow, yours is in like a week. Will you post comparison pics?

Hi ladies... Just straightened :grin:

Dc'd, cowashed, banded and went under hooded dryer for a little over 30 mins, then straightened.

Last edited:
Very pretty hair MummysGirl!!

I just discovered that my new camera takes wonderful hair pictures in macro mode. I'll probably post more pictures now, but since I don't do anything but bun they may be a little boring.

Finally got a puff I'm happy with!!!
DSC06387-th.jpg
DSC06392-th.jpg
DSC06389-th.jpg

Larger pics in December album in my fotki. PW in profile. Things are getting better. Hadn't made it to wash and go status yet but I made some pretty bantu knots a few weeks ago. I have to get those photos off my phone. Loving being natural and I can definitely see the benefits and difference in my hair's health. I still mostly flat iron but hadn't experienced any noticeable damage. Will keep flat ironing and now wearing this puff every once and a while through Spring. Hopefully, I'll master a few more natural styles by then.

I definitely want to make some changes in the coming year and hopefully my growth and retention will be on point. No more being lazy with this mop on my head, I'm gonna up my dc game up in 2011. Is anyone coming up on their 1 yr bc anniversary soon? Mine is the end of Feb and I am EXCITED!!!!

OK, I'm just rambling now. What I really came to say was that everyone's hair looks beautiful and I hope you all have great growth in the coming year.

Hello Ladies. Everyone's progress pics look so good. I'll celebrate my one year anniversary on April 22. Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year of hair growth and progress but above all Hair Health!
I was loving my New Year's hair so I thought I'd share. Have a good one ya'll.

Hi Ladies, I really liked feeling my hair on my shoulders after straightening :) So... I've decided I'm gonna straighten in 6 months (birthday/a few days after 1 year BC anniversary).
Happy New Year again ladies :)

Just checking in, no new news

I'm still under a wig, moisturizing and sealing often. And I'll do a length check in July. Even though technically I did the BC in April, I did another chop in July that took me to my original BC length. Whew, lol.. anyway everyone looks gorg and so does their hair.

HHG

Hey everybody..I've been slacking with taking pics but not with my haircare. I'm happy to announce that I can pull all my hair into a ponytail (this is major for me). I'll take pics soon.

I've enjoyed all the pics and goals that everyone has accomplished! Keep up the good work :)

:yay: It was a huge thing for me too :)
You're doing so well :)
Hey everybody..I've been slacking with taking pics but not with my haircare. I'm happy to announce that I can pull all my hair into a ponytail (this is major for me). I'll take pics soon.

I've enjoyed all the pics and goals that everyone has accomplished! Keep up the good work :)

I can't wait to be able to pull all my natural goodness into a ponytail!

Qhemet's AOHC is rocking my natural world right now. I love that stuff!

I realized I haven't taken any naked hair shots in a while. This is my wet hair after DCing. ETA I rinsed out the DC in twists so my hair was really unmanipulated
IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

Last edited:
:lick: Beautiful!!!

I see more and more similarities in our hair everytime you post a pic (Is it cos I'm wishing my hair's as gorgeous as yours? :look:)

I realized I haven't taken any naked hair shots in a while. This is my wet hair after DCing. ETA I rinsed out the DC in twists so my hair was really unmanipulated

IMG_0978.jpg

I got a chance to do my friend's hair last night and while I suffered from hair envy around her, I no longer feel that way now. She wears it straight mostly and there were so many straight ends on her hair and her hair didn't even curl at the ends like mine! Nothing to be jealous of there :look::giggle:

I got my curls backkk!!!

When I was transitioning I used products with cones and I thought I knew what my hair texture would be. Towards the end of my transition and for all of 2010 I used natural products, and my hair was very very frizzy and undefined. It retained length well, so I chalked up the loss of curl pattern to the loss of losing my 6-8 inches of relaxed hair. For the past three weeks I have been using the products I used to use during my transition (Aussie Moist, HE LTR leave in, etc) and introduced the Tangle Teezer into my routine and I finally have the hair I thought (knew) I had. I'm so excited! Now if only it would grow 8 inches in two months.

I guess I'll take what I can get.

I got a chance to do my friend's hair last night and while I suffered from hair envy around her, I no longer feel that way now. She wears it straight mostly and there were so many straight ends on her hair and her hair didn't even curl at the ends like mine! Nothing to be jealous of there :look::giggle:

Now that's cold :lol:

I think your hair is REALLY CUTE!!!!....I'm new to the site and I'm still trying to understand some of the lingo...lol..I was like what is (BC'D)...anyway...it's been about 8 months since my last relaxer. This thread has given me the final push to "BC"!!! I'm excited/scared but will be doing it TODAY!!!! Would someone please explain (cowash) to me??

This is my first post in the naturals thread! Very excited. I bc'd almost a week ago an for the most part have been very happy with my decision. I decided to get kinky twist yesterday an keep them in for maybe a month. I asked my stylist if she had any tips for making my curls pop an she said "get a texturizer, keep it in for 10 min"!! Hmmm ok. I guess I'll just stick to experimenting an see what works!
Octoberslibra... Can't wait to see pictures!

Back