~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I think your hair is REALLY CUTE!!!!....I'm new to the site and I'm still trying to understand some of the lingo...lol..I was like what is (BC'D)...anyway...it's been about 8 months since my last relaxer. This thread has given me the final push to "BC"!!! I'm excited/scared but will be doing it TODAY!!!! Would someone please explain (cowash) to me??
washing with conditioner instead of shampoo. Many people find shampoo can strip the hair and be drying so they wash with conditioner. try doing a search for the topic to get more details. Congrats on your BC

This is my first post in the naturals thread! Very excited. I bc'd almost a week ago an for the most part have been very happy with my decision. I decided to get kinky twist yesterday an keep them in for maybe a month. I asked my stylist if she had any tips for making my curls pop an she said "get a texturizer, keep it in for 10 min"!! Hmmm ok. I guess I'll just stick to experimenting an see what works!
Octoberslibra... Can't wait to see pictures!

Maybe try a bentonite clay treatment once you take out the kinky twists, it gently cleans(clarifies) your hair/scalp, supposedly helps remove impurities/buildup from hair/skin, and helps temporarily elongate your curls, you might be able to get a good wash and go from this after rinsing it out, then adding gel:yep:

I tried it last night, it was easy to rinse out and wasnt drying. I have this one:

l_sw-1001.png

Indian Healing Clay by Aztec Secret - SW-1001 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

Maybe try a bentonite clay treatment once you take out the kinky twists, it gently cleans(clarifies) your hair/scalp, supposedly helps remove impurities/buildup from hair/skin, and helps temporarily elongate your curls, you might be able to get a good wash and go from this after rinsing it out, then adding gel:yep:

I tried it last night, it was easy to rinse out and wasnt drying. I have this one:

l_sw-1001.png

Indian Healing Clay by Aztec Secret - SW-1001 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

Thank you for the information Chelz, I bought some last night online! Can't wait to try it.

I know that I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year Ladies!!!:dance7:

It seems like it's been forever since I've been here and it seems like the time is just flying by. I've gotten so lazy with my hair, it's just ashame :spank: I haven't even been DCing lately.

Everyone's hair is looking SOOOOO good. I am having some serious hair envy and need to get back on the wagon, so I'm thinking a henna treatment tonight and indigo tomorrow.

I'll take some before and after pics just in case anyone is interested in how it comes out (I know I'm curious to see it).

Oh yeah, here are a couple of pics from my hair journey so far.

1st pic: BC 8/2010
2nd pic: 10/2010
3rd & 4th pics: 12/2010

Attachments

• 8.2010.jpg
    8.2010.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 10.4.10.jpg
    10.4.10.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20101223_193346.jpg
    IMG_20101223_193346.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20101223_193424.jpg
    IMG_20101223_193424.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 45
He is the result of a flat twist out FAIL combed out into a FRO- HAWK with a big bang. It took me an hour to do those stupid flat twist only to have the style be a bust and for me to comb it out. :wallbash:

394489837.jpg

394489839.jpg

I think I wanna post here and get style ideas. I think I'm a 4a. I'm gonna post some pics, can anyone help? My last relaxer was aug 09, and I stopped cutting my hair in various styles July 2010, when I got the last of my relaxed hair cut.
d036574b-6ad7-ee13.jpg

d036573b-6b05-2d5a.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I'm still hanging in there. I cowashed yesterday with Aussie Moist. I like it better than Suave Naturals so I think it will be my new "go to" conditioner. Bye Bye Suave. I finally cornrowed my hair (after stretching it) and I'm still rockin' Oakland Girl by Freetress.

Well I did a Curlformers set so that I could stretch my hair for flatironing. I used my Sedu on 250 degrees for the looser section and 300 degrees on the rest. My Curlfomers set came out really nice. My flatiron is biggish:lol: but that's okay because I didn't want it super straight. I was able to pull it up in a nice updo. Here are the pitchas.

Vainjane you are beautiful!!! Love the twistout.

My BC anniversary came and went. Next time i do my hair i'll take some pics for you ladies.

I'm still hanging in there. I cowashed yesterday with Aussie Moist. I like it better than Suave Naturals so I think it will be my new "go to" conditioner. Bye Bye Suave. I finally cornrowed my hair (after stretching it) and I'm still rockin' Oakland Girl by Freetress.

I'm liking Aussie Moist too:grin:

Finally learned how to flat twist my hair :look:...and my daughter/BC buddy is loving her puff:grin:

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-01-11 at 17.52 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2011-01-11 at 17.52 #2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Photo on 2011-12-31 at 18.47 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2011-12-31 at 18.47 #2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Well I did a Curlformers set so that I could stretch my hair for flatironing. I used my Sedu on 250 degrees for the looser section and 300 degrees on the rest. My Curlfomers set came out really nice. My flatiron is biggish:lol: but that's okay because I didn't want it super straight. I was able to pull it up in a nice updo. Here are the pitchas.

Steph do you think the curlformer made it easier to flat iron and is it worth it using that hook? I suck at roller setting anyway but it does help with flat iron. I brought curlformer twice, sold the first set without using but brought them again and have yet to use them.

Steph do you think the curlformer made it easier to flat iron and is it worth it using that hook? I suck at roller setting anyway but it does help with flat iron. I brought curlformer twice, sold the first set without using but brought them again and have yet to use them.

Yes maam:yep: I know that they helped with flatironing. My roots were already straight which means I didn't need to put a lot of heat there. I plan to use this method (Curlformers) for not only flat ironing, but to stretch my hair too. Oh and you need the hook to get the hair in the curlformer so yes it's worth it.

I flat twisted my flatironed hair and bantu knotted the ends. It turned out sooo cute and soft and fluffy. Took this pic with my camera phone. Like I mentioned, I'll be using curlformers to stretch my hair out more often.

@Angeleyes: Your daughter is so pretty! She's rocking her little (well, big, much bigger than mine) puff! I wear my hair the same exact way you're wearing yours now because the front is too short to pull all the way back :( but I must say your braid looks much fuller and nicer.

Back