~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I shaved my head bald on 05-24-2010
I was natural twice before
my hair type is 4A (very thick)
my length now is ear
my ultimate length is hip bone
my regimen is
pre poo with grapeseed oil the night before I wash it
I wash with Cibu Take Out clarifying shampoo then I shampoo and deep condition with with Ojon products
rinse with warm water and deep condition (week two)
and co-wash and deep condition (week three)
P.S. I pre poo no matter what

Last edited:
Awesome pics everyone! :yep: Its been a while since I contributed a pic so here is my wild woman hair again...I am now 10 months post chop.

My hair is going through an awkward phase which I can not stand, so I keep it in 2 strand twists all the time (this prevents me from cutting).

Attachments

• End of 2010.jpg
    End of 2010.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 24
I finally get to join you guys!
I have been on hair hiatus! Nursing school has been stressful for me.
I big trimmed, :lol:, on
November 26, 2010, after 2 years and a couple of month of transitioning. I mostly kept my hair in kinky twists, braids, wigs, weave.
Hair type in the 4s .

My yellow shirt is my official length check shirt:look:

On with the pics!

Bantu Knots ( Done by my mom) on Christmas Eve
IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531-2.jpg

Length Check as of 12/25...I will trim though in several weeks

IMG_1572.jpg

After Conditioning

IMG_1245-1.jpg

IMG_1242-1.jpg

Hair style right now homely looking plaits

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1578-2.jpg

Pretty much, I'm a lazy natural.
I don't have a solid regimen as of yet, but
my staples include henna, Silicon Mix DC,
Suave Almond Shea Butter Conditioner, Shea moisture leave in.
I'm planning on purchasing the tangle teezer! So many great reviews

Skiggle;12500393[FONT=Book Antiqua said:
][/FONT]
Pretty much, I'm a lazy natural.
I don't have a solid regimen as of yet, but
my staples include henna, Silicon Mix DC,
Suave Almond Shea Butter Conditioner, Shea moisture leave in.
I'm planning on purchasing the tangle teezer! So many great reviews

Finally! Congratulations!! I've been waiting for your BC for a while lol. Make sure you keep posting pics

Hi ladies,

I straightened me hair to do a length check, and can I say that my straightened natural hair is 1000% better than my relaxed hair ever was!! I have pics in this thread and my blog.

Everyone's hair is looking great!! I don't come on here as often as I used to, but can always count on getting some inspiration from you guys when I do. KUTGW!

Hi ladies,

I straightened me hair to do a length check, and can I say that my straightened natural hair is 1000% better than my relaxed hair ever was!! I have pics in this thread and my blog.

Everyone's hair is looking great!! I don't come on here as often as I used to, but can always count on getting some inspiration from you guys when I do. KUTGW!

Your hair looks awesome in your pics. I'm still terrified to go to the professionals but they did a great job with your hair

Hi Ladies,:wave:

My name is Shay, I bc'd on the 18th of this month. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I plan to suck up all the information you ladies are willing to share.
afro.gif

Your hair looks awesome in your pics. I'm still terrified to go to the professionals but they did a great job with your hair

Thanks Foxglove! I was super scared, I washed and detangled prior, but she did a great job, without me having to tell her anything...I was pleasantly surprised:yep:

Skiggle, your hair is so pretty! Love it.

Oh hi :wave: to all the new naturals, I see that this is a place for the likes of me.

As an intro, I chopped off all my relaxed ends on 12th September but have been in braids until recently. I think I've fallen in love with my hair (used to hear people say that before but never got it). Natural hair has definitely been a journey of the mind, not just hair. Okay, I'll stop rambling...

Oh hi :wave: to all the new naturals, I see that this is a place for the likes of me.

As an intro, I chopped off all my relaxed ends on 12th September but have been in braids until recently. I think I've fallen in love with my hair (used to hear people say that before but never got it). Natural hair has definitely been a journey of the mind, not just hair. Okay, I'll stop rambling...

Um, you can't just sneak in here either. We need pics lol

Um, you can't just sneak in here either. We need pics lol

Sorry, don't know what I was thinking. Forgot where I was. Some pics from my album:

Braidout
picture.php

Banana clipped (as in siggy)
picture.php

Bun
picture.php

A few more when BCing (chopped the back first in June and finished the rest in September):

Last edited:
Finally! Congratulations!! I've been waiting for your BC for a while lol. Make sure you keep posting pics

Omg Skiggle! Glad to see ya! And your hair... :drool: Loving the length and thickness... more pictures please :grin:

Omg @skiggle , your hair is so pretty!

Thanks you guys! :blush:I really appreciate the nice compliments!:kisses: I finally had to come out of lurkdom and renew my subscription after looking at all the drool worthy end of the year pics! It feels great being back!

I'll be doing a bentonite and henna treatment later in January (will post pics) and after that my hair will be in box braids with synthetic hair until my graduation!

My main goal is healthy thick hair and low manipulation.

My hair feels/smells SO good yall! I can admit I've lurked in here since my subscription ran up and I have a Tangle Teezer that I am in love with :) Stephelise and Ellepixie's reviews did it for me. still been wearing my twists, i'll post some pics up soon.

Last night I washed my hair while it was still twisted from the last time with Dial Antibacterial Body Wash, yes, body wash! I wanted to make sure my scalp was clean :look:. Did an ACV rinse (which made my hair dry so soft!) and re-twisted with mango butter. boo-yah!

That's me in a nutshell :look: great hair growth girls!

I can't believe 2010 is coming to a close already! I've learned so much from you ladies this year. I' may not post much, but I'm taking it all in :yep:.

I definitely want to make some changes in the coming year and hopefully my growth and retention will be on point. No more being lazy with this mop on my head, I'm gonna up my dc game up in 2011. Is anyone coming up on their 1 yr bc anniversary soon? Mine is the end of Feb and I am EXCITED!!!!

OK, I'm just rambling now. What I really came to say was that everyone's hair looks beautiful and I hope you all have great growth in the coming year.

5 days post big chop 18 months post relaxer to the day

Attachments

• IMG00243-20101230-1643.jpg
    IMG00243-20101230-1643.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG00246-20101230-1644-1.jpg
    IMG00246-20101230-1644-1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG00240-20101230-1643.jpg
    IMG00240-20101230-1643.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG00250-20101230-1649.jpg
    IMG00250-20101230-1649.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG00251-20101230-1649.jpg
    IMG00251-20101230-1649.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 47
I am thick strands, coarse strand, thick hair no real regimen cus I am lazy. A few twists or braids under my wigs and go. Just tried the kimmay leave in, we will see how that works. Despite the slow growth since sometime before the end of the summer I still foresee APL by June which would by 2 years of growth so I won't be too upset though I would prefer it by April. Maybe I should hit the gym to git APL faster.

Attachments

• IMG00237-20101230-0100.jpg
    IMG00237-20101230-0100.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG00248-20101230-1648.jpg
    IMG00248-20101230-1648.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG00249-20101230-1648.jpg
    IMG00249-20101230-1648.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 37
Bulletproof your hair is super thick!!!! WOW!

My Qhemet and Hairveda shipment just got in. :woot: It's time to get it!!!!

I did a wash and go last night. My hair shrunk to 1.5 inches
ETA pics. This is my hair still wet. It shrunk down even smaller when it dried
IMG_0956.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg

Last edited:
Back