~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I have not been in here in while! I am currently almost 5 months post BC, but I have been relaxer free for a year! Woo hoo! I am still only wearing my fro, I have not ventured out to any other hair styles. I have to do something though, because DH wants to see me to something different to my hair. :lachen:

OMG, Alta, your hair is gorgeous! Love it!

:ohwell: not quite apl yet. ♥

17wz88.jpg

1ny0yv.jpg

9zqfbq.jpg

Vaine, your hair looks great and grown so fast. What's the winter plans? I usually bun everyday and will continue the same for the winter.

i have just been wearing my hair in twists. its working out except i need to pay attention to moisturizing. my ends were dry when i took this last set of twists down. ♥

yeah it did grow fast. i don't know why i keep getting shocked by that when i've had the same growth pattern since i joined here lol. ♥

Your hair looks great vainjane! I'm trying to hold off on straightening mine until March, but you and Alta are tempting me. *hides flat iron*

hey ladies today i have been natural for one month!! i did not think time would fly pass me like this. i have had my mini twists in for a week and they have shrunk already, but not completely. i will start brading them at night to keep them straight.

for those that use scurl, is it good to use at night and seal with olive oil or coconute oil? for moisture, or should i just use a cream instead? should my hair be damp before applying a cream based moisturizer?

I tried a "Cinnabun" for work this morning. I am PSing all winter so that I can steam 2xs per week. It wasn't quite a Cinnabun, but it'll work for the week !:lol:

Attachments

• PC120851-a.jpg
    PC120851-a.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 48
  • PC120853-a.jpg
    PC120853-a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 44
Alta, vainjane - :wow: your straightened hair looks amazing :lick:

Quick check in - super busy... training course all week and an exam next week then I'll be on Xmas hols till the new year :) I'll be posting/updating regularly from late next week.

My hair's doing fine... so busy I only DC/cowash once a week :(

KUTGW ladies :bighug:

Hey guys just checking in. Since I last posted I've done one henna gloss (just added 2 tablespoons of henna to my regular condish) and one full on henna. I already see the added thickness but the color change isn't very apparent. Then again it is gloomy and snowy and I think I'd need sunlight or fluorescent light to see any color change. I'm doing another henna gloss now. I think I'll probably add a couple of tablespoons of henna to my condish at least once a month. With the henna gloss I'm aiming for the benefits of the henna minus the mess

Hey guys just checking in. Since I last posted I've done one henna gloss (just added 2 tablespoons of henna to my regular condish) and one full on henna. I already see the added thickness but the color change isn't very apparent. Then again it is gloomy and snowy and I think I'd need sunlight or fluorescent light to see any color change. I'm doing another henna gloss now. I think I'll probably add a couple of tablespoons of henna to my condish at least once a month. With the henna gloss I'm aiming for the benefits of the henna minus the mess

Henna gloss? Could you tell me more about this please? I would love to do this because henna alone seems like a mess. How long do you keep it in?

Henna gloss? Could you tell me more about this please? I would love to do this because henna alone seems like a mess. How long do you keep it in?

I got the idea from curlynikki. Here are a few recipes/tutorials. In the end I just used whatever conditioner I had (and some honey. I've been adding this to my DCs for the last couple of months) and added 2 tablespoons of henna.
Curlynikki's recipe
CurlyNikki's Henna Gloss Recipe | Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Styles and Curly Hair Care

Moptop Maven's recipe
YouTube - Henna Gloss Tutorial

La Flaca's recipes
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/2794019-post18.html

ETA of post henna pic. Not much color but loving the thickness
IMG_0935.jpg

Last edited:
Wearing a twistout right now and it actually is hanging! Usually it doesn't. My hair was stretched prior to me doing the twists is why. At least I think so. I want to dabble in some color. Right now I'm looking at this site with all naturals trying to come across some inspiration. I want something new for the new year. :grin: Tired of this drab dark brown hair.

Straightening my hair on Saturday!!! I'm really excited. I'm also considering going back to using 'cones. I'm planning on using them over break and seeing how my hair reacts.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a protein pre-poo, shampoo, dc, detangle, and put my hair in eight braids to dry over night.

Saturday I will blow dry, flat iron, and put in some flexi rods to bump my ends.

I'll post pictures of course.

When you BCd: 12.04.10

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd: 1 month

Have you been natural before?: Yes When?: November 3rd- 11th 2010

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness: uummm no idea. All I can say is I've got 4a/b hair

Your current regimen: cowash everyday. air dry. castor oil+ leave in. comb rarely!

Your favorite styles: WIGS!! WIGS!! WIGS!!
Your current length and goal length: current is i think 1 or 2 inches goal length is shoulder

Your photo album: will be updated soonest!

Anyone ever tried using mousse on their natural hair to define curl pattern? If so, what did you use and what were your results?

My arms are tired but I'm pretty pleased with my results so far. Last night I did a protein prepoo, shampooed, deep conditioned, rinsed, and detangled with an instant conditioner. When I got out of the shower I applied a leave-in and put my hair in 8 braids with the ends rolled on a satin roller. When I woke up this morning I took out each braid, applied a low dry cream, and blow dried on medium. Then I flat ironed at 350 degree F. My hair is currently in flexi rods (I'm hoping for some body).

Attached are pictures of my hair during the blow drying process, after the blow drying, a stretched section of flat ironed hair (almost BSL?!) and my hair in the rods. I'll come back with a picture of my hair combed out in about 20 minutes. Going to a wedding today!

Sorry for the blurred out faces. You never know who's lurking...

Last edited:
hi ladies how is everyone doing? im still in my twists and i have been braiding them at night every few days.. so here are some random pics. and yes im at work on the computer on LHCF lol!:lachen:

Attachments

oh and i was in target and i saw this row ender of shelves with guess what guys?? lol natural/curly hair products. of sourse it says ethnic, i dont get the whole ethnic term anyways, like people with curly/kinky hair are foreign or something. i dunno, but i thought it was very interesting to be able to view all the products they had in one column. and i know you ladies can tell from this far of a view what products they are. :lol:

Attachments

• hair products pic.jpg
    hair products pic.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 46
Back