~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

As the year is coming to a close I've started making goals for my hair next year. I won't be straightening this month because... I just don't feel like it. I don't really like wearing my hair down if it's not a certain length, and until I reach those lengths my hair will be in a bun.

I hope to make BSL by March, MBL by October (3 years post), and WL by the end of 2011. If I'm anywhere near WL by the end of the year I will be overjoyed with my progress. I plan on straightening my hair those three times, and hopefully my hair will finally be long enough that I will be able to wear a wash and go that I am comfortable with.

What are your goals for the next year?[/QUOTE]

I hope to make APL by July 2011 at 2yrs post and BSL by Dec 2011..... :crossfingers:

Here are some pics of my first hair straightening since Feb. My 6 year-old is becoming an excellent photographer!:lachen:

Attachments

• PC030806.jpg
    PC030806.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 90
  • PC030807.jpg
    PC030807.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 87
  • PC030808.jpg
    PC030808.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 86
BEAUTIFUL! Did you straighten yourself? If you did, What steps did you take? Looks just like a relaxer. :yep:

The salon I go to specializes in natural hair straightening. They wash, deep condition, steam, blow dry, and then flat iron your hair. They add heat protectants and all that other good stuff. EVERYONE that walks out of that salon has the most shiny, bouncy, healthy looking hair...

Your hair is beautiful Alta Angel.

Thank you so much!

:lovedrool: Alta! Love it!

:giggle: at your 6 old being a photog! They did a great job!!

Yes, bless her heart! I have turned our living room into a fashion set!

Alta that's beautiful!

Thanks lady!

I made a delivery to Portland Maine this morning and after dealing with the cold, I have decided to try to get braids or twists for a while. Hopefully, I'll be able to visit one of my friends in NY this weekend and let her braid it. I'm going to miss my 'fro but I think that I should get a PS for a while. I haven't decided if I'm going to stay in braids for a few weeks or until Spring.

I've been wearing braidouts everyday. It has gotten cooler, but my hair still feels moisturized. It's in the 70's in the daytime and high 50's and 60's at night. So far so good. When it gets a little colder I may make me a wig or put in my crochet's till Spring.

I've been wearing braidouts everyday. It has gotten cooler, but my hair still feels moisturized. It's in the 70's in the daytime and high 50's and 60's at night. So far so good. When it gets a little colder I may make me a wig or put in my crochet's till Spring.

See, this is the kind of weather that makes me miss Florida. It was 75+ degrees when I left home the other day. Then I come to Maine, it was a whole story...:nono:

i washed my twists the other day and i fell even more in love with them because they swelled because of the water and now they are much fuller:love2:

Attachments

• 2010-12-04 10.01.36.jpg
    2010-12-04 10.01.36.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 2010-12-04 10.03.05.jpg
    2010-12-04 10.03.05.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 2010-12-04 10.03.19.jpg
    2010-12-04 10.03.19.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 2010-12-04 10.02.02.jpg
    2010-12-04 10.02.02.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 46
I just ordered the Hair Care Kit from JamaicanOils.com because I'm considering bringing shampoo back into my regimen, and I'm running low on the hair food that I use to seal my ends. This made me start thinking about what my staples will be for the next year. It seems like my urge for experimentation has really gone down.

I use the following every week:
Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Mozeke Avocaod Creme
JBCO Hair Food Pomade
Shea Butter
Olive/ Castor Oil mix
Coconut Oil
Mane N Tail Conditioner
Shea Moisture DC

If I like the JBCO Kit, I'll be adding the shampoo to my staples, possibly replacing the Mane N Tail with the JBCO protein conditioner, using the JBCO instead of the plain castor oil, and oiling my scalp with the pimento oil.

All in all I'm glad to finally have my products down for the new year.

DSC06279-th.jpg
DSC06282-th.jpg
DSC06312-th.jpg
DSC06348-th.jpg

Quick update of hair pics from BC to now. I have retained at least a full inch but I haven't quite figured out my go to afro style. My BC landed my hair at the end of my neck and it is back on my back. Since the weather has changed I'll be flat ironing until the Spring and I hope to have hair between my shoulder blades then. More updated pics in Fotki (must log-in to view).

Last edited:
Last edited:
here is a new set of twists that i just did. i washed and blowdried my hair and then i sat for 7 hrs and twisted my hair. i plan on leaving them in for a month.

Attachments

Hey Ladies,

I hope that everyone is feeling the same way that they look, because you ALL look AWESOME!!!!

I've been a bit busy and haven't really been keeping up with my hair or with LCHF. I had to check myself and jump back on the wagon. The other day I was checking out a few of the pics that I took when I BC, and then maybe a month or 2 later and decided to go ahead and take another pic. I'm glad that I have these pics to prove that my hair is actually growing (that and I measure it with a ruler every month to be sure...just a bit obsessed).

Been alternating between HE LTR and Kinky Curly Products. My hair seems to be tolerate of it. I did one (1 lol) trial flat twist and it really turned out nice. I will have to try it for real one day when my hair gets a little longer. Anyways, here are a few pics. HHJ

Attachments

• 8.2010.jpg
    8.2010.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 10.4.10.jpg
    10.4.10.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 12.6.10.jpg
    12.6.10.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 21
Here are some pics of my first hair straightening since Feb. My 6 year-old is becoming an excellent photographer!:lachen:
Ok I was just skimming through here but I had to stop what I was doing and contribute for those pics, AltaAngel. Your hair looks beautiful! Like some barbie doll hair (and I mean that with respect and admiration).

Also, this tangle teaser thing. I'm in braids right now, but thanks stephelise for the video. I'm definitely running to Sally's when I take these things out. Shoot, I might just buy it now so I can look at it (I think that's the PJ in me talking, lol)

I'm in braids now and will probably stay in them until Summer. I'm also going to try learn how to do my own braids as well. I'm going to try to take pics soon.

Back